Site Work Failed, But We Didn't Die

Ugh. Still more roadblocks. Need to get an as-yet unknown password from Nay in order to get this sucker changed. For now, please enjoy the mess of a forums we've got, and dream of the forums we will probably never one day have.

< 3 - Tay

You can dismiss this alert by clicking on the "X" button

Steve

Hoshizora no Memoria: Eternal Heart Translation Project

Just wondering... why is translating H scenes a problem for some translators? Are they harder or annoying to translate, or is it an aversion to spending too long on H scenes for any reason?

In contrast to what you might expect, it seems that in most games, h-scene text tends to be the most complex. I only really came to this realization when translating them myself; previously, I simply scrolled through h-scenes, the clicks/minute undergoing a several-fold increase compared to the rest of the game, and I assume that most other people follow this same procedure, because I question where your priorities are if your eyes are aimed at the textbox and not the "h" of the scene. I'm sure there's a few reasons for which this increased complexity of language exists. For example, one can only read so many "ah, ah, kimochiii~"s without entirely shifting focus away from the text, so there have to be at least a few curveballs to keep the reader on edge (in all senses). Also, in relation to the previous point, there has to be enough space filled to satisfy one's session of fappation to an adequate degree, and with a game containing some myriad of h-scenes, a terse explanation of the image that appears on-screen simply won't suffice.

In contrast to what you might expect, it seems that in most games, h-scene text tends to be the most complex. I only really came to this realization when translating them myself; previously, I simply scrolled through h-scenes, the clicks/minute undergoing a several-fold increase compared to the rest of the game, and I assume that most other people follow this same procedure, because I question where your priorities are if your eyes are aimed at the textbox and not the "h" of the scene. I'm sure there's a few reasons for which this increased complexity of language exists. For example, one can only read so many "ah, ah, kimochiii~"s without entirely shifting focus away from the text, so there have to be at least a few curveballs to keep the reader on edge (in all senses). Also, in relation to the previous point, there has to be enough space filled to satisfy one's session of fappation to an adequate degree, and with a game containing some myriad of h-scenes, a terse explanation of the image that appears on-screen simply won't suffice.

Can i know the progress of the Hoshizora no Memoria -eternal heart- translation?? Im really eager to play it cuz currently im playing the first one and just finished all route except for Yume and Mare Route... Please kindly reply to my comment... I really appreciate it very much and good luck to translator who working on the translation  :D  B)  :)  ^_^

Well either way they can't even link it here am I right?

That is correct.  Any public posts with links to torrents or sites where you can get torrents for VNs will be removed, because the rules are absolute.  Asking about getting the fandisc with the patch here on Fuwa is kinda pointless...

Yes, prepatched version will be released, just not on fuwo. It will be on [torrents no longer allowed Fuwa 2015], you'll be able to easily search it there once its done, probably wont be able to link from here but if you follow those websites you can easily find it yourself.

all good things will someday come to an end, just be abit more patient.

@fujimoto, holy fuck i only looked at your avatar (didnt read the name) & thought for one moment that insemnator infiltrated this thread....my poor heart...

First of all, thanks for the hard work! Is there any chance that you could post updates in terms of line count or percentage like some other projects do?

Additionally, if there are any technical challenges still being faced, I would be interested in trying to help! :D