Latest news! Mangagamer has already end their partnership with winged cloud!

Dark_blade64

50 minutes ago, Vorathiel said:

More money from shit to Mangagamer - more money to spend on releasing 'risky', quality titles. 
That's how I see it. ;)

From a business standpoint this is terrible news. I rag on the Sakura series as much as anyone, but with their sales and name recognition, that series stood to be an umbrella program for MG - meaning that money could cover the costs of titles that were more artistically inclined but potentially duds in terms of sales.

Think of it like any other industry, let's say music. You have your major artists who sell just on name alone, and with the profits the record label makes off those artists allows them to try new artists. Do you like Mumford & Sons? You can thank U2 in part - both are signed to Island records. Who's the older, bigger name? Without U2 money, Mumford & Sons are still hanging around the London pub scene.

So taking the art side out of it, this can only be construed as terrible news.

11 minutes ago, Tiagofvarela said:

There are people who liked some of their titles, such as Sakura Santa! Why must you wish death unto us all because your objective opinion contradicts some other people's?

Okay, maybe you don't like the company. That's fine. I still maintain some people like the company, and it makes me sad to see your august self so excited over their perfectly profitable business practices.

Yeah and the people that like Sakura games, unironically, are the very same type of people that I have very strong dislike for in the VN community. I fail to understand how barely finished, barely edited, and in some cases, barely readable, weeb pandering VNs with barebones storylines, and the exact same art used over and over without an ounce of creativity, keeps selling so well when nearly everything I see about the games is negative or a joke. 

So yes, I stand by what I said. The people who like Sakura games are,in my most humble of humble opinions, weeb trash who are encouraging the stagnation of an already growing uncreative OELVN industry. Now if I was writing a review right now, I'd be much nicer and professional about it. But I'm not, so I'm not filtering myself, nor looking at it from a critical perspective. I personally feel that these games are piles of dog shit. Nothing would pelase me more than to see  Winged Cloud go out of business OR Liberty actually write something halfway decent and even mildly creative. He ought to have the money at this point to branch out slightly and try something not revolving around tits. Or maybe even finish Guardians Spell?  Remember that? The Kickstarter they ran, and then never finished the VN promised? Yeah, Winged Cloud is trash.

1 hour ago, Vorathiel said:

Nice to see? Why? Sakura shit series are probably source of high income for Mangagamer. Stupid, short titles, but sellings are really high. I can't see why it is a good news.

The first ones sold well, the last ones not really, so gangamamer MangaGamer aren't really going to lose much income vs selling other titles.

20 minutes ago, solidbatman said:

Yeah and the people that like Sakura games, unironically, are the very same type of people that I have very strong dislike for in the VN community. I fail to understand how barely finished, barely edited, and in some cases, barely readable, weeb pandering VNs with barebones storylines, and the exact same art used over and over without an ounce of creativity, keeps selling so well when nearly everything I see about the games is negative or a joke. 

So yes, I stand by what I said. The people who like Sakura games are,in my most humble of humble opinions, weeb trash who are encouraging the stagnation of an already growing uncreative OELVN industry. Now if I was writing a review right now, I'd be much nicer and professional about it. But I'm not, so I'm not filtering myself, nor looking at it from a critical perspective. I personally feel that these games are piles of dog shit. Nothing would pelase me more than to see  Winged Cloud go out of business OR Liberty actually write something halfway decent and even mildly creative. He ought to have the money at this point to branch out slightly and try something not revolving around tits. Or maybe even finish Guardians Spell?  Remember that? The Kickstarter they ran, and then never finished the VN promised? Yeah, Winged Cloud is trash.

I've always known my tastes are rubbish anyway. :holo:

32 minutes ago, solidbatman said:

The :salt: is so powerful, it makes me want to eat some salted peanuts. This is some high quality :salt:, because I agree with everything you said. :miyako: 

2 hours ago, Valmore said:

From a business standpoint this is terrible news. I rag on the Sakura series as much as anyone, but with their sales and name recognition, that series stood to be an umbrella program for MG - meaning that money could cover the costs of titles that were more artistically inclined but potentially duds in terms of sales.

Think of it like any other industry, let's say music. You have your major artists who sell just on name alone, and with the profits the record label makes off those artists allows them to try new artists. Do you like Mumford & Sons? You can thank U2 in part - both are signed to Island records. Who's the older, bigger name? Without U2 money, Mumford & Sons are still hanging around the London pub scene.

So taking the art side out of it, this can only be construed as terrible news.

I doubt MangaGamer is broken up over this. I imagine events transpired as @KuroganeHomura said.  MangaGamer likely dropped them, not the other way around, and they did so because a little extra site traffic wasn't worth putting up with an uppity doujin circle that never felt the need to implement quality standards since they can sell games on art and name recognition alone.

26 minutes ago, Suzu Fanatic said:

Holy shit, Ajtilley's garbage scored higher then Sakura series, even I find that surprising. :sachi:

AJTilley is lacking that certain "mojo" that Huniepot had with Huniepop. Dunno what it is, or maybe it's just Audrey, but it's what makes OELVNs so memorable.... in a good way.