The best Nakige/Utsuge you've played

ヤミハナ

Hey there Fuwans, Hana (Hanana Banana Tomato) here. :makina: Heh.....

So, as per the title, what I mean by "best" is in terms of how sad or depressing or how you grief over it. Ones that you've cried the most and maybe rant over it. Or maybe you're just crying on the inside. Also, any other forms of how you interpret "best" too. Do expect spoilers for this thread, Fuwans. I just played Narcissu and.....Yeah, why not make a thread about Nakiges/Utsuges.

Mine is probably going to be Cross Channel; the fact that

Spoiler

Taichi is left alone eternally in the time-loop world, after saving everyone.

Edit:

Narcissu 1st

Spoiler

Setsumi commited suicide.

Kara no Shoujo

Spoiler

The death of a waifu. Orihime is dead.

Nakige (has a happy/mostly happy end)

Ashita ga Harenaraba

Hapymaher (sort of)

Haruka ni Aogi, Uruwashi no

Manatsu no Yoru no Yukimonogatari

Hana no No ni Saku Utakata no

Sakura, Sakimashita

Mirai Nostalgia

Sekai to Sekai no Mannaka de

Kono Sekai no Mukou de

1/2 Summer

Timepiece Ensemble

Utsuge (most or all ends are either 'normal' or 'bad'/sad/bittersweet ends)

Eden*

Konata yori Kanata Made

Boku ga Tenshi ni natta Wake

Houkago no Futekikakusha

Natsu no Owari no Nirvana

Satsukoi

Kami no Ue no Mahoutsukai

Dekinai Watashi ga, Kurikaesu

Hotel.

Rakuen no Shugosha

Edit: For despair, no other VN has ever managed it like Houkago no Futekikakusha, in my mind...

Spoiler

The protagonist killing his friends one by one, his actions being the only thing that allows them to live their last days normally... and at the last killing his lovers with his own hands before going insane. 

For sorrow in utsuge, I take Konata yori Kanata Made anyday

Spoiler

A protagonist who has accepted death... a horrible slow death from lymph node cancer, and in the process of accepting that death has distanced himself from the people he most loves.  His body's slow failing, even as he puts up a front of health, the horrible experience of chemotherapy's aftermath, and his simple words to a young fellow patient at the hospice that save her from herself 'Don't worry, I will die before you' all break my heart even now. 

For nakige... Hapymaher

Spoiler

The protagonist's deep love and endless guilt about Maia's death, that drives him to escape into his dreams and lead to his inability to get true rest from sleep when Saki pulled him out of it, desiring for him to live still makes my heart ache... not to mention the ingenious way they utilized the truly awesome soundtrack to enhance the most emotional scenes.

5 minutes ago, Arcadeotic said:

I cried like a baby in Sachi's route in Grisaia no Kajitsu.

Ahh

Spoiler

The letter... Ugh I cried. 

Aslo, michiru´s route:

Spoiler

The moment that always gets me is when Sakaki breaks down when she thinks Michiru is dead. Like, she starts clawing on the coffin and screaming. I cry like a baby during that scene every time. When she yells "michiru!" I literally look like this: :kosame:

nakige : g-senjou no maou

Its my 2nd VN so maybe that's why it left a big impact to me. Good Story + I'm not prepared = big shock. Since at first I thought VN is only a light/so-so story with anime-ish character + voiced + has H scene lol

utsuge : kara no shoujo ( most likely gonna changed later lol)

36 minutes ago, Clephas said:

Nakige (has a happy/mostly happy end)

Utsuge (most or all ends are either 'normal' or 'bad'/sad/bittersweet ends)

Ah, thank you. I've always been wanting to ask the difference between Nakige and Utsuge. I guess that clears everything up. As a reward, I gave you a like. :makina:

For nakige, so far I have only played one, Little Busters, which got me emotionally and made me sad sometimes, but didn`t go so far to make me cry.

Some VNs that made me cry is Muv Luv Alternative and Grisaia no Kajitsu`s Sachi route. 

For utsuge, I don't think I have played any.

7 minutes ago, Scorp said:

In what part? As I cannot remember anything worth crying in SnK, maybe I am missing something.

Im sorry that you have shit taste :makina: 

Spoiler

Touka's end

The true end in general

The part in the basement

But for real, its stupid to argue about it, because what touches you emotionally is purely subjective.

1 hour ago, Vorathiel said:

How is G-Maou fitting here?

You cant tell me that the endings wasnt there to not make you cry like a little baby.

16 minutes ago, Kawasumi said:

Im sorry that you have shit taste :makina: 

Reveal hidden contents

Touka's end

The true end in general

The part in the basement

But for real, its stupid to argue about it, because what touches you emotionally is purely subjective.

How is this related to taste? That's as you told purely subjective thing.

Anyway, speaking about myself - somewhere after 3 heroines routes SnK became so much unbelievable that I almost completely lost any attachments I had, as all what started happening on the screen was so ridiculously unbelievable and forced, that I was really considering to drop it (actually I read SnK for a year I believe, as only chapter I really liked was intro and Sachi, which I read in half a day, and others I read for 20 minutes and stop till next time, for reasons mentioned above)...

So dunno, if this could be considered as tear-jerker for everyone. Seems only if you really believed the story in full.

On the other hand, G Senjou have much better structure and story planning, so it touched me much more, not like I cried, but not far from that.

6 minutes ago, Scorp said:

Anyway, speaking about myself - somewhere after 3 heroines routes SnK became so much unbelievable that I almost completely lost any attachments I had, as all what started happening on the screen was so ridiculously unbelievable and forced, that I was really considering to drop it (actually I read SnK for a year I believe, as only chapter I really liked was intro and Sachi, which I read in half a day, and others I read for 20 minutes and stop till next time, for reasons mentioned above)...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

18 minutes ago, Kawasumi said:

This!

Everyone will react differently to the same situation, thats just how it is. Even if a scene didn't make you cry it doesnt mean the scene isnt emotional for others.

10 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

This!

Everyone will react differently to the same situation, thats just how it is. Even if a scene didn't make you cry it doesnt mean the scene isnt emotional for others.

Did I told anywhere that scenes were not emotional? Just seems if it is nakige, then it should have bigger tear-jerking effect. While SnK is created for some different reason, I believe.

PS: Seems I should wear a badge like "Everyone tend to read something between the lines, not the actual text in my post"...

3 minutes ago, Kawasumi said:

You cant tell me that the endings [in G-Maou]wasnt there to not make you cry like a little baby.

I had to check the gallery of CGs, because I didn't remember much from the endings, but yeah, the true ending really made my cry a little, so that's right. ;)
(but any other ending was just 'meh'. :P)