A Look Forward Into 2016

VirginSmasher

9 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

Hey, what's wrong with chuuni?  :vinty:

But yeah, if you want to read Tsukihime, just read the original.  The remake will probably come out in a few years or so, if ever.  Don't expect it anytime soon.

Well, I just happened to dislike chuunige I played (S;G and Comyu) that I dropped them, because of 'what the heck those guys are thinking/talking about' that came to my mind when playing them. Hmm, maybe I'm the only one in fuwanovel who doesn't like chuunige. 

30 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

Don't watch the anime. They destroyed that adaptation so badly that's completely unrecognizable. By the time it was finished, it had felt like you had just watched your waifu go through a guro NTR rape tentacle mindbreak hentai. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but that's how I felt. 

:michiru:

non-ero tends to reduce ratings.  For one thing, fewer people play it, lol.

Edit: @VirginSmasher Generally speaking, there isn't anything that does Dies Irae-style like Dies Irae does Dies Irae, so while say it is done in the 'style' of Dies Irae, there is no way it could be on the same level, lol.  However, the departure from the trend toward complete school-based settings and 'normal' people as the main characters in chuunige was more or less cut off by Dies Irae's emergence.  I am grateful for that, immensely.

2 minutes ago, gijimu said:

FSN is a chuunige too? I am too quick to judge chuunige then. 

The concept behind the idea of the chuunige  is basically 'An action VN that goes for broke' when it comes to creating settings, characters, and events (there is more to it, but meh).  Most people's idea of chuuni seems to have been formed by those anime series with chuunibyou characters/heroines that started popping up a few years ago...  Mmm... if you want an example of Western chuuni, Star Wars is perfect.  You don't get any more chuuni than Star Wars, lol.

1 minute ago, Clephas said:

The concept behind the idea of the chuunige  is basically 'An action VN that goes for broke' when it comes to creating settings, characters, and events (there is more to it, but meh).  Most people's idea of chuuni seems to have been formed by those anime series with chuunibyou characters/heroines that started popping up a few years ago...  Mmm... if you want an example of Western chuuni, Star Wars is perfect.  You don't get any more chuuni than Star Wars, lol.

Thanks, I got it, more or less. So basically, any modern era action VN with fantasy settings can be roughly called chuunige, be it science, urban fantasy, or mythologic, right? 

So everything comes to personal preference whether a chuunige is good enough or not then. 

5 minutes ago, gijimu said:

Thanks, I got it, more or less. So basically, any modern era action VN with fantasy settings can be roughly called chuunige, be it science, urban fantasy, or mythologic, right? 

So everything comes to personal preference whether a chuunige is good enough or not then. 

More or less...

As an example,

Spoiler

Tokyo Babel (the game we were talking about, if you already forgot), is a VN based in a version of Purgatory being used as a refuge against the wrath of God, as it squishes the various parallel worlds of the universe (Hell has sank beneath the sea and heaven's gates are closed, lol).  There, demons and angels seek to put humans through the trials of Purgatory leading to climbing Jacob's Ladder to Heaven.  Heroes, villains, espers, sorcerers, and various other people of power are brought to Purgatory and preserved until they decide on their own to make pilgrimage, accompanied by a demon-angel pair.  Two of the heroines of the story are Lilith (the mother of all monsters, Adam's first wife) and Raziel (the angel assigned the task of recording all of creation in the Sefer Raziel in Gnostic apocrypha). 

You can see what I mean by 'going for broke', can't you?

13 minutes ago, Clephas said:

More or less...

As an example, Tokyo Babel (the game we were talking about, if you already forgot), is a VN based in a version of Purgatory being used as a refuge against the wrath of God, as it squishes the various parallel worlds of the universe (Hell has sank beneath the sea and heaven's gates are closed, lol).  There, demons and angels seek to put humans through the trials of Purgatory leading to climbing Jacob's Ladder to Heaven.  Heroes, villains, espers, sorcerers, and various other people of power are brought to Purgatory and preserved until they decide on their own to make pilgrimage, accompanied by a demon-angel pair.  Two of the heroines of the story are Lilith (the mother of all monsters, Adam's first wife) and Raziel (the angel assigned the task of recording all of creation in the Sefer Raziel in Gnostic apocrypha). 

A VN with risky setting, character, or theme, imo, something that will go for acceptable overall reception or very negative one. I can't describe it well. 

The settings of Tokyo Babel is intriguing enough. Maybe I will give it a try. 

18 minutes ago, Clephas said:

More or less...

As an example,

Reveal hidden contents

Tokyo Babel (the game we were talking about, if you already forgot), is a VN based in a version of Purgatory being used as a refuge against the wrath of God, as it squishes the various parallel worlds of the universe (Hell has sank beneath the sea and heaven's gates are closed, lol).  There, demons and angels seek to put humans through the trials of Purgatory leading to climbing Jacob's Ladder to Heaven.  Heroes, villains, espers, sorcerers, and various other people of power are brought to Purgatory and preserved until they decide on their own to make pilgrimage, accompanied by a demon-angel pair.  Two of the heroines of the story are Lilith (the mother of all monsters, Adam's first wife) and Raziel (the angel assigned the task of recording all of creation in the Sefer Raziel in Gnostic apocrypha). 

That premise sounds really interesting. I'm definitely trying it.

2 hours ago, gijimu said:

No one is hoping for Miagete Goran and Konosora fandisc translation, I guess? 

Oh thanks for reminding me! Yes to both! 

Well, I've already read flight diary and started miagete goran but I would still love to see them translated. I'll gladly re-read them. 

I dont know what I look more forward too. The fact that my japanese gets better everyday or the fact that I'll most likely be able to read VNs some months from now.

The thing I most look forward to is to finally read the VN that motivated me to start learning in the first place (THIS)

@Clephas I cant thank you enough for that one time where you recommended it in an utsuge thread, this VN has been a thing I could look at every time im about to give up learning and regain all my motivation knowing that I just need read this someday

9 hours ago, gijimu said:

Will Tsukihime remake's release get postponed that long?

Well, "They announced a remake of the original Tsukihime in the June 2008" ;) So yeah. First arts, sprites, or something was shown last year I believe.

8 hours ago, gijimu said:

Ugh, seeing the word chuunige really makes me lost interest of Tokyo Babel.  :amane:

You have ultimate chuuni on your avatar mate. :P

8 hours ago, gijimu said:

Well, I just happened to dislike chuunige I played (S;G and Comyu) that I dropped them, because of 'what the heck those guys are thinking/talking about' that came to my mind when playing them. Hmm, maybe I'm the only one in fuwanovel who doesn't like chuunige. 

:michiru:

Oh, you're confusing chuuni with cuunibyou, which is common I would say.
So, Chuunibyou is a 'superhero wannabe' and chuuni is a 'superhero'. You know, like in Steins;Gate, Okarin is only pretending to be a mad scientist who is taking over the world, while reall chuuni would be actually taking over the world.

So chuuni is great. :D Chuunibyou - depends. Still love S;G but I was trying to start it twice, and only a second time, when I know that protag is a madman (well, he is not, but he gives that impression at fist...) I was able to endure the beginning and really dive in that best VN I ever read. 

And that's how I see it. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I don't think I'm wrong much. ;)

[again - I don't know how to edit my previous post to add a new quote, somebody will teach me? :paranoid:]

1 hour ago, Vorathiel said:

[again - I don't know how to edit my previous post to add a new quote, somebody will teach me? :paranoid:]

Ohhh :makina:

Spammer desu ka? :sachi: 

Well, if you just go back into the post by clicking edit and then click under your current text, (or above it, depending on where you want the quote), then hit the quote button and it should paste the quote into the edit post and not a new post. 

Hope my instructions are understandable ... :vinty:

Zero Time Dilemma (Zero Escape 3) above all else. Have never been so hyped for a game, and we're confirmed to be getting a trailer before spring. Fuuuuuck

As for translations, it seems that Root Double will stay on the list for quite some time yet. Besides that, 12Riven and New Danganronpa V3 are two games I'm looking forward to translations for.

As for official localization of existing VNs, I want to see the Infinity trilogy (Never7, Ever17, Remember11) localized the most (maybe even the Vita versions). 

6 hours ago, Deep Blue said:

Tokyo babel is not translated at least not yet(it will come out eventually :P ) and a machine translation is not a good idea for this one but you can try.

It's Mangagamer. It'll come out sometime this year of early next year. Ve glad it's not JAST handling this one :makina:

43 minutes ago, Funyarinpa said:

As for translations, it seems that Root Double will stay on the list for quite some time yet. Besides that, 12Riven and New Danganronpa V3 are two games I'm looking forward to translations for.

That's if Root Double's Kickstarter actually gets funded because it's picking up, but I'm still a little worried about it.

18 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

It's Mangagamer. It'll come out sometime this year of early next year. Ve glad it's not JAST handling this one :makina:

They're basically same kind of producers who translate and publish Japanese VN to the west, right? Imo, though I don't really see any difference.

6 minutes ago, gijimu said:

They're basically same kind of producers who translate and publish Japanese VN to the west, right? Imo, though I don't really see any difference.

Yes they are and they actually finish their projects pretty fast unlike JAST who has yet to release Flowers and Seinarukana.

Like Clephas said, hopefully Sengo Muramasa finally stops getting delayed and releases next week.

Besides that, I'm looking forward to:

1. Seiken Tsukai no Proposition [Love the artstyle]
  2. Chuuni Hime no Teikoku
  3. Sankai Ou no Yubiwa
  4. Wagamama High Spec [Madosoft seems to really be marketing this one, so I'm curious]
  5. Akeiro Kaikitan [Have to read Nanairo Reincarnation first]
  6. Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya o Mezasu

There are others but I am not a very fast reader so most of the others will probably be added to my backlog.

11 hours ago, Clephas said:

I really hope more Japanese developers do jump on the train... to be honest, it is pretty obvious they need to develop new markets, and there are a lot of companies that have unexploited VN 'gold mines' in their collection of IPs.

What I find interesting is what Sagaplanets is doing http://onesfuture.net/info.php?type=items&id=I0000004 

From this years more or less confirmed English releases I'm looking forward to Da Capo 3, Tokyo Babel, Supipara, Chrono Clock, Root Double, Flowers and Seinarukana.

Although my list of Japanese titles to read for this year is already full, but I will definitely get the fan disc for Unionism Quartet when it's available.