Root Double- Before Crime * After Days - Kickstarter launched!

Decay

7 minutes ago, Satsuki said:

I'm actually a little bit confused. They started translating the game half a year before the KS, but would only release if the KS ended in success. So if the KS fails, they will just throw all of their work into the trash bin or something?

o20XX40.png

And this is why they should've started the Kickstarter back near when the announcement was made. More hype and attention that way and you wouldn't have to waste all this work on a project that's gonna fail.

I don't know what's the plan behind it, but I don't think that it will help that much. Normal guy, wants his Vita version, he look at KS page: "Oh okay, there's vita, time to pledge!" Then he sees that he would need to pledge 225$ or more: "Okay, nvm." While addind Vita version is pretty nice, I don't think many Vita players will ride this train... It would be way better just adding VITA tier at 30$ and Vita&PC Digital Bundle at like 60$ You would probably get couple hundreds of people. Maybe even more, who knows. We'll see how it'll go, I want it to succeed, so... And you left 1000/5000/7000 as they are, well that's your choice.

These tiers just saddens me... They're really uncomparable to Muv-Luv or even Libra. Cost of Libra B/W Shikishi 1000$, cost of Muv Luv Maxima Colored Shikishi 300~~$ Official Colored Shikishi 1000~~$ (Muv-Luv ones maybe even less, because of the other prizes) Root Double B/W Shikishi 4000$+ Root Double Colored Shikishi 6000$

I'm not a hater of SP, but if Regista/Yeti wanted to offer tiers like this, you should just say "Are you guys out of your minds?" It's not even about supporting the KS/game/devs or not, it's about RESPECTING the visual novel fanbase... Someone still will probably have to pledge this amount to save this KS... I know Root Double doesn't have much merchendise, but that doesn't mean that you have to put tiers like these. I would just delete them personally. 

Someone who's willing to pledge 7000$ should get at least a meeting with writer/artist + both B/W and Colored Shikishis

Sorry for a little bashing, I hope I didn't offend anyone...

Spoiler

d4966eb21a64088db4234982b1befa88_origina

755dbc055910f0c1c99ff02a6e77c7c9_origina

b782344d7b0434e4ea3ed25c4f9834d3_origina

9b9dc43dddd68bd5d39b5556b9d85007_origina

be4cead00c80c0d4211ffb46923e0b38_origina

4bd123d37b21f70ae780b69b0ae7245e_origina

While it is kinda sad that we wont get the game, it is at least a good lesson for SP that costumer wont pay unreasonable amounts of money for their overpriced tiers.

Maybe this will stop them from relying entirely on KS as a storefront instead of investing money in projects.

A big part of me is hoping this fails so we can see how Sekai Project continues moving forward. They've done all the work already but they have also backed themselves in a corner. They can't ignore the Kickstarter because if they release the game even without a Kickstarter for it they've lost the incentive that people had to back via Kickstarter. If they know they'll get the game anyways why bother backing unless they want something like a vita/android/extra in-game content? Their future Kickstarters would fail simply because of this idea of it will release regardless of what I do. Personally I'd prefer them to just release it normally. 

The one thing they might be able to do to salvage this situation is to do a new Kickstarter (better tiers and rewards) a few months down the road if this one fails. Or they can release the game without voices to at least try to make back some of the lost income from the work put into it already. 

It astounds me they would be so stupid to put the Vita version behind a 250 dollar paywall. Whoever thought that was a smart idea should hit themselves repeatedly. They've now lost potential backers all because they got greedy and wanted the vita version before they had the normal one. I can't believe how bad this Kickstarter has been organized. 

Admittedly this still has over a week left before it ends and there is at least one potential pay period within this time frame which means that if people simply don't have money because of the holidays they might be able to get some before this ends. A lot of Kickstarters either succeed right away or within the last 3 days. 

2 minutes ago, kyrt said:

A big part of me is hoping this fails so we can see how Sekai Project continues moving forward. They've done all the work already but they have also backed themselves in a corner. They can't ignore the Kickstarter because if they release the game even without a Kickstarter for it they've lost the incentive that people had to back via Kickstarter. If they know they'll get the game anyways why bother backing unless they want something like a vita/android/extra in-game content? Their future Kickstarters would fail simply because of this idea of it will release regardless of what I do. Personally I'd prefer them to just release it normally. 

This is basically what I said earlier. I hope that this KS fails at this point, even if it is a phenomenal game in a lot of people's eyes, because then hopefully SP will learn something from it and stop relying on Kickstarter all the time because people will not feel the need to fund them anymore if that's all they're gonna use and then all their projects will fail unless they already have a giant following.

2 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

This is basically what I said earlier. I hope that this KS fails at this point, even if it is a phenomenal game in a lot of people's eyes, because then hopefully SP will learn something from it and stop relying on Kickstarter all the time because people will not feel the need to fund them anymore if that's all they're gonna use and then all their projects will fail unless they already have a giant following.

You want SP to release 1 big game a year and 15x Reverse/Reverse or Ribi Ribi? They don't sleep on money, if they would have 135k to pay for Root Double I bet they'll do it, unless they want to save these 135k to get more licenses. Like Yuzusoft/Purple Software or https://vndb.org/v17823

2 minutes ago, Maxel said:

You want SP to release 1 big game a year and 15x Reverse/Reverse or Ribi Ribi? They don't sleep on money, if they would have 135k to pay for Root Double I bet they'll do it, unless they want to save these 135k to get more licenses. Like Yuzusoft/Purple Software or https://vndb.org/v17823

Well considering how awful SP's release of G-Senjou no Maou was and the complete disregard for the visual novel communities feedback on the issue I'm not sure I trust SP with a 1 big game a year project. I'm waiting to see how they release Tenshinranman and Chrono Clock but my gut tells me that both of those games will have similar issues. I'm losing a lot of goodwill I had towards SP initially because of these Kickstarters and for some bad release decisions (censorship, cropping, bad or false translation agreements (michiru game), delays on release, too many bloody kickstarters, kickstarters for already announced titles, etc...). I think the issue has less to do with bad decisions on their part but rather on their unwillingness to risk partnerships by trying to make demands they know fans would prefer get met. 

7 minutes ago, Satsuki said:

Well, I guess Mikeou > Miyasu Risa, so the "signature fee" is also a hell lot more higher <_< 

Gosh, I hope Mikandi's staff won't look at this thread.

I have no issue if the company with better public relations look at this thread. It can reaffirm that the way they did things works better. 

57 minutes ago, Satsuki said:

I'm actually a little bit confused. They started translating the game half a year before the KS, but would only release if the KS ended in success. So if the KS fails, they will just throw all of their work into the trash bin or something?

o20XX40.png

Nine months is downright brief in Kickstarter standards. I really don't understand any of what Sekai Project is telling us regarding this campaign and all of it is so bizarre that I find much of it hard to take at face value.

5 minutes ago, kyrt said:

I have no issue if the company with better public relations look at this thread. It can reaffirm that the way they did things works better. 

That's not what I mean lol. Miyasu Risa is the main artist for Libra, so if they see me talk sh*t like this, then I'm so dead :lol: 

I'm fairly ignorant on the matter, but I suspect Regista is a large factor to the issues involved in this KS. I don't have a overwhelmingly positive opinion of SP, but I do at least believe they have enough experience at this point to know how to sell to a crowd, given the chance to do so freely.

8 minutes ago, Suzu Fanatic said:

I'm fairly ignorant on the matter, but I suspect Regista is a large factor to the issues involved in this KS. I don't have a overwhelmingly positive opinion of SP, but I do at least believe they have enough experience at this point to know how to sell to a crowd, given the chance to do so freely.

If Regista is actually more of the problem here, then all SP has to do is show them that everyone - here, on the VN reddit, and on the Vita reddit - is not liking this crap. Will that work...? Please...

7 minutes ago, LightBladeNova said:

If Regista is actually more of the problem here, then all SP has to do is show them that everyone - here, on the VN reddit, and on the Vita reddit - is not liking this crap. Will that work...? Please...

Heh, If things are the way they are - I'm sure SP has already went through talks as best they could - unless SP is simply bad a talking/negotiating with devs in general....(though there's of course the chance Regista is one of the remaining devs that have a xenophobic attitude).

Take Libra for example - Xero was all about getting involved with MikandI and getting involved with the consumers (I haven't paid much attention, but have we heard even a peep of involvement from Regista? Not to say I expect that from every project - hell, Xero and Mikandi are really the only example of such a strong showing, besides perhaps Muvluv.

Bottom line is, it really depends on how much Regista cares if it sells/succeeds - they might not really care about overseas market, but are simply trying as a "why not?".