What are you playing?

サクラノ刻-櫻の森の下を歩む-

64280.jpg

Chapter 1 - Apparently, we always have to start the series with pottery.

Lots of talk about counterfeit and real work of arts, and how the value of art is decided. I think the old me would have commented on how superficial the art world is by focusing on the piece's history and other things unrelated to the actual art piece itself.

But I have a rather different point of view now. Art is a sort of communication between the creator and the audience, so I can now see the value on that. Its value depends on what sort of value it can give to the audience. So knowing the background of the art piece can completely change its interpretation similar to "A Nice Derangement of Epitaphs," and gains new value. Either way, I don't think I have an eye for visual art >.>

Wow at the quality of the first chapter.

Spoiler

So much malapropism already. It even adds new malapropism to SakuUta's Toritani route. A Nice Derangement of Epitaphs all over again. 愛がなければ見えない

Today I started PSP version of Suiheisen Made Nan Mile?

Setting up text hooking for this was royal PITA, but unexpectedly Textractor came to the rescue (I think it's the first time I used it with PPSSPP)

As for the game itself, it looks promising. At the first glance the setting looks like a crossover between Konosora (with a bit of Miazora thrown in) and Koichoco :P Also, the PSP version seems to have exclusive additional route written by Tanaka Romeo.

Edited by adamstan

Man... I've been away from this thread for so long...

Little update: I finally bought a Steam Deck! I was torn between that or the Switch, but I own all my games on my Steam account haha

I'm almost finished with Steins;Gate , but I'm waaay too lazy to write on each route asjhbdaswvd
Let's just say Suzuha's ending was the one I found the most interesting.

Spoiler

Maybe I just like to see the protagonists break :illyasmug:

I finished Mayuri's ending today and next week I will read Kurisu's route. Phew! Finally one "classic" scratched from the big list!

I'm not forcing myself to read it, and I'm really enjoying it! :sugoi:

Steins;Gate_1.png

Just finished up Kizuato (specifically the original win 95/98 version)
51ema5s0RJL._AC_.jpg
Liked it overall, and thought it was a pretty significant improvement over Shizuku as a whole -
Spoiler
though I have to say a lot of specific pieces of Shizuku were more memorable imo, even if the overall package wasn't as good. ie Kizuato didn't have anything that will stick with me quite as much as some of Shizuku's bad ends (Graduation and the toaster endings in particular) or the Ruriko True End. I mean Chizuru's route for example has some stuff which is pretty iconic, but... nothing REALLY stood out to me in that way.
That aside though, it had a pretty solid and engaging story. Though, I do have to say that a certain very important plot twist was a bit too stupid for my taste. I mean, did the 'oni' really have to turn out to be Predator knock-offs? (literally, they're aliens that go from planet to planet to hunt for sport...)
I'm also a bit torn about whether or not I liked the twist of Kouichi's inner-demon "awakening" being a big red-herring/Yanagawa being the real killer - particularly considering how this "mixup" is the primary conflict of both Chizuru and Kaede's routes, but then in Azusa's route it's just immediately accepted that Kouichi is innocent and just has a mental link with the real killer etc..

Music was really good - I was a bit worried that the soundtrack would be a disappointment compared to Shizuku due to Orito Shinji leaving Leaf, but ended up really liking the music.
Also, like with with Shizuku, I really like the aesthetic that the original version of the game has, with the digitized photos as backgrounds etc.. Just looking at screenshots of the remakes, they definitely don't quite have the same charm or atmosphere.
Spoiler

Also, as an aside, despite being pretty infamous, the plagiarized omake story was pretty underwhelming lol

Anyways really looking forward to continue playing through the Leaf library. Next up will be To Heart which I'm definitely excited to play, even if just because of how historically important it is for the genre. (well technically Saorin to Issho is up next, but that's a fandisc so I'm sure it won't take me long to knock out).

サクラノ刻-櫻の森の下を歩む-

64280.jpg

Chapter 2 - Explores Naoya's life as an adult as he watches others grow up.

I think the main topic here is there are many different roads in life.

Spoiler

Similar to how Sakizaki started art when she got injured and quit track and field.

Once a dream has ended, a new one opens up.

Chapter 3 - 「薄っぺらな天才は、才能が透けて見える。天才は、才能を忘れさせる」

Main theme in this chapter and possibly the entire game is talent and what is art. While, it is true that hard work is also required for talent to bloom, the starting conditions and peak for genius and normal people are different. While normal people strive to get recognize, geniuses strive to create something new to express their way of life and the beauty that they can feel.

Onda Housai is a fairly interesting person too with quite a bit of bias. It's interesting to see his perspective from a somewhat talented person comparing himself to geniuses.

Art can move people, because the creator managed to experience sorrow that others can relate to. Sorrow and Happiness are two sides of the same coin.

I think I see Scaji's obsession with Spinoza. To become a good artist, you need to have a certain perspective as being a part of a whole. But at the same time, as the observer, you are separate from the whole hence you can create art and give value to it.

Spoiler

This means being able to put yourself in other's shoes similar to how Misuzu put herself in Nei's shoes and imagined what sort of world she lives in when she created her art.

I think Spinoza gets too lost in his own metaphysics to interpret it the way Sca-ji wants to. 春と修羅 by Miyazawa Kenji is probably a better work to reference for the artist's point of view.

Art is transcending the limits of your inner world by reaching out to other people's inner worlds. It's creating meaning from nature and communicating that to other people.

I had a lot more to say, but I accidentally deleted some of my notes, so I'll just end it here for now until I manage to retake my notes.

As an individual game, SakuToki is rather flawed with the main flaw being it wasted a lot of characters' potential. The main one(imo) was wasting Shizuku and Rin (the booklet and drama CD kind of fixes it). But as a sequel to SakuUta, it is a great work of art that expands upon many of its themes and connects it to other Scaji games.

SakuToki covers a lot of topics, so I'll leave a lot of the topics for later if/when I have time to write a more specific review on it.

If Sakuuta is 「幸福の先」の物語, I view this as a 「虚無の先」の物語。 When you are at your lowest and life feels empty, what happens from there?

If you manage to avoid the obvious pitfalls of suicide and escapism through religion(which is covered in Subahibi and Tsui no Sora), you try to fill that empty cup. But fill it with what? それを人は、「美」と呼んだんだ」 We call whatever fills that cup as beauty. From there, we start to create human values, ethics, art, and give meaning to our own life.

「虚無を見出した後で、俺は美を見出した」

Only when we are at our lowest, we are able to open the door of possiblities to advance in different directions. For artists, they can intentionally put themselves in those situations so they can open the door to Charis.

Spoiler

In Naoya's case, he is able to choose between the path of being an art teacher with Misuzu, a normal life with Makoto, or returning back to art with Ai.

This is similar to Nietzsche's concept of Ubermensch, where people transcend the established morals and prejudices of human society to define their own purpose and values in life by facing hardships.In Sca-ji's case though, he doesn't reject the concept of choosing to become content with mediocrity and simple pleasures, but considers that as a possible choice in happiness.

This is why I like Scaji, he possesses both the strengths and weaknesses of humans. While being a genius, he's honest to his desires. He affirms both a life dedicated to honing your own craft and a life filled with pleasure. It's what makes him human and relatable.

Then, he goes to deal with a lot of topics on what is art, talent, and how do you create good art and repeating some of SakuUta's theme on happiness.

Spoiler

I think the conversation between Kenichirou and Reijirou explains it best.

Kenichirou views life as a poem or musical score. In the standard definition of happiness being a "good happening", happiness and misfortunes are just notes which pass by quickly. Each note being finite is what allows us to experience the world and feel its beauty. Art turns that finite beauty to infinite by giving it form. Since life is a musical score, it has a tempo and melody(I think this is where サクラノ響 comes in), and that's where we can find real happiness. Happiness is not something you seek, it's something that's always beside us.

On 3/18/2023 at 12:33 PM, Fujoneko said:

Man... I've been away from this thread for so long...

Little update: I finally bought a Steam Deck! I was torn between that or the Switch, but I own all my games on my Steam account haha

I'm almost finished with Steins;Gate , but I'm waaay too lazy to write on each route asjhbdaswvd
Let's just say Suzuha's ending was the one I found the most interesting.

Reveal hidden contents

Maybe I just like to see the protagonists break :illyasmug:

I finished Mayuri's ending today and next week I will read Kurisu's route. Phew! Finally one "classic" scratched from the big list!

I'm not forcing myself to read it, and I'm really enjoying it! :sugoi:

Steins;Gate_1.png

Finished it!! :sacchya: I had a great post for this all ready to send, but my PC crashed :ganbarimess:

Anyways, I really enjoyed the wild ride it was, I'll give it a solid 8/10. Why not a 9/10? I just couldn't connect too much with Kurisu - this is my main issue with most "main heroines"; they grow on me after I finish the VN and give it time to rest, though.

Spoiler

To be fair, I loved everyone but to the point of falling in love like Okabe did (which weirded me the fuck out, ngl)? Not really...? They are cute together but when he realises he loves her, it was too sudden for me lol

ljdaTKU.png

Anyway! I don't know what to play next, honestly. I have installed Chaos;Head Noah since I want to read it soon this year, but I think I'm going to take a short break from the sciadv series for now. I'm considering maybe Totono, Umineko, Sweet Pool or some short ones.

Just reading through random VN's this week while I bask in the afterglow of SakuToki. Tried Sekimeiya and continued Rance through Rance 4.1.

The Sekimeiya: Spun Glass

46217.jpg

I'm mainly using this VN as a way to judge whether it's even worth looking into the EVN scene or should I completely forget its existence.

So far, writing is pretty meh. This seems like the sort of writing you'd see with RPG talking to NPC's. Their choice of names and settings are extremely weird and just feels not very well thought out. The character writing on the other hand is fucking awful.

I think this game highlights exactly what is wrong with EVN writing, it's fairly typical game writing with lack of focus on fleshing out the world or characters. It focused too much on the game-aspect of solving a riddle, and the characters act like they are playing a game. There is a complete lack of human element to it.

Spoiler

For the mystery, no, it doesn't take a genius to solve it. You just need to pay attention to information it is intentionally leaving out like the date, having limited information for current time, and why Shiroha was wearing different clothes, existence of Miya, Akaro not knowing Katei. Which leads you to conclude that they are not just time traveling, but traveling between different world lines, possibly 3 different world lines. Now the puzzle just becomes a stupid linear algebra question of fill in the blanks of how everything works which is still fairly difficult simply due to the number of different variables. Now here is where the developer went wrong, is it fun just solving a bigger and bigger matrix? Not really, it's just a mind-numbing manual task where you just keep iterating over it until you find the solution.

This is a perfect place to quote Naoya:

「魂が喜ばない作品など、芸術ではない...

それはー楽しげな家具と同じだ

楽しげな家具、そういった作品もいいだろう

楽しげな家具は、生活の役に立つが、あんたの作品は家具ほども役に立たない」

I'll give it props for the effort the creators put into it, but that's it. I'm not interested in playing a mind-numbing boring puzzle game. There's lots of better use for my time. Playing mafia is a much funner experience with similar level of difficulty, except with genuine people's reactions.

This game has pretty much convinced me to not touch another EVN for the next 5 years if this is the best they can offer.

ランス4.1 ~お薬工場を救え!~

4028.jpg

It's a short simple game after Rance 4. It doesn't have the grindiness of the previous game, and has a rather short fun story.

This short minigame is a lot more fun compared to me wasting my time with Sekimeiya.

On 3/30/2023 at 4:02 AM, Nemesis said:

I'm mainly using this VN as a way to judge whether it's even worth looking into the EVN scene or should I completely forget its existence.

So far, writing is pretty meh. This seems like the sort of writing you'd see with RPG talking to NPC's. Their choice of names and settings are extremely weird and just feels not very well thought out. The character writing on the other hand is fucking awful.

I think this game highlights exactly what is wrong with EVN writing, it's fairly typical game writing with lack of focus on fleshing out the world or characters. It focused too much on the game-aspect of solving a riddle, and the characters act like they are playing a game. There is a complete lack of human element to it.

Yes, I also expected a lot more from it. The idea behind the plot might be good, but the writing was just bad. The writer was probably very experienced, because it felt like he was struggling with absolute basics. It would have been better if he'd started out with a short and simple VN before trying something like this.

Anyway, if you want to try a decent EVN, I'd recommend Heart of the Woods (provided you're fine with yuri).

Just finished Flowers -Winter-
71mR-s7+0QL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
So it took me about 2 years since I had some pretty big gaps between games, but finally completed the series.
Excellent overall but... gotta complain about some elements of the final game...

Spoiler
So all this build-up, making it seems like there's something really sinister going on and... it turns out that Mayuri is just grandma-sitting? Really? That's it??
Like I understand why the details regarding Mother Elder not being all there might be kept a secret but... there's a billion cover stories that they could have come up with etc... Not to mention Mayuri didn't have to act so weird about it. It just seems like everyone stirred up a whole lot of drama about basically nothing.

It's a shame, because everything leading up to the reveal was pretty engaging. ie: The whole implication that's present in the first play-through that Rikka might be a traitor (before the player knows those letters being read and the chapter openings are actually about Shion and Sayuri) was particularly interesting, even if it all was a red-herring.
That aside, there were a few other overly stupid elements in the game (some of the other puzzles were nonsense, especially the whole chain of clues leading to the secret room) but... I still really liked it nonetheless. Winter had a LOT of great character moments, very happy that Erika got a lot of screen time, really like Shion and Sayuri's story and the ending was pretty satisfying all things considered. Also it had Hokama Senpai. 10/10 right there, even if her screentime was severly lacking.

Definitely a little sad that this is the last game, as I'm gonna miss the characters quite a bit. There are a few drama CDs that have come out though (with another one set to release this June) so I've got at least a little bit more Flowers material left to enjoy at least. Also definitely gonna have to buy all the soundtrack CDs - Between these games and AikaiIto, I've discovered I really like MANYO music.
Anyways, overall can't recommend the series enough. Definitely a must-play for any HimeDanshi/HimeJoshi out there looking for a good Yurige.

As an aside... Playing Flowers has also gotten me interested in trying out other Innocent Grey stuff. I know to expect something quite a bit different (obviously their other games aren't Yuri... among things) but, since there's an HD remaster of Cartagra coming out end of this month, thinking I might go ahead and pick that up.
Either way, that's probably something I won't play for a while. It's been a good 5-6 months since I've played a KID game (finished My Merry May back in November I believe), so probably gonna cycle back to my queue of KID games and start Ever17 next.

• 2 months later...

Wow, over 2 months since last post in this thread 😮 Is this forum still alive? :(

Anyway, yesterday I finished PSP version of Suiheisen made Nan Mile?

It took me 3 months and around 110 hours - the routes' extensions added in this edition almost double their length 😮

What can I say - it was quite enjoyable charage - and it seems that Konosora took some inspiration from it ;) It had some pacing issues, but I really liked all heroines, and enjoyed their routes nevertheless.

All in all - 7.5, decent title :)

Now I'll probably go with Ano Ko wa Ore kara Hanarenai - one of numerous GIGA's moeges ;)

I finished Higurashi and I really liked it. I can understand why people love it so much.

Now my random number generator says that I have to start reading Grisaia no Kajitsu and Never7 -the end of infinity-

I'm particularly excited about Never7, because I quite liked Ever17 -the out of infinity-

Edited by Mago Ivo

i started Narcissu few days ago. i picked it only as break from studying. i have to say it's quite good story but little depressed. i'm waiting for steam summer sale because i want to buy umineko no naku koro ni (i finished higurashi 2 months ago) and i hope it will be at the same level as previous ryukishi07's product

On 6/21/2023 at 6:32 PM, adamstan said:

Wow, over 2 months since last post in this thread 😮 Is this forum still alive? :(

Actually, I'm not sure if it was a good idea to sticky this thread, because stickied threads tend to get overlooked.

But yeah, I think most VN discussions are on reddit nowadays.

Finally opened up to trying Clannad:

th?id=OIP.YY4lVrvFVDSs9E0g_4zjXgHaHa%26p

Was avoiding it mainly because of how long it was. I kept saying to myself that it was too much time for me to invest and, since I've already watched the anime a couple of times, maybe it wasn't worth it. But I was wrong... I'm very, very early still (just finished Misae's route). But oh my god, I exceed my expectations.

I started reading with this guide and thought to myself that the other characters where likely to be just filler for Nagisa's route, but I was wrong. Misae's route was absolutely wonderful and almost brought me to tears. Didn't believe they were actually going to bring so much depth to a character that otherwise may have felt like filler for the main route.

I also feel a bit dumb because...

Spoiler

I didn't actually realize until I read it later that Shima was actually a cat all along. I kinda thought that he was something of an "entity" or the spirit of the original Shima who later reincarnated as the cat who was alongside Misae. Nevertheless, it was beautiful.

Very excited to keep on playing.

Edited by StringM

Hiya!! Man, I haven't post in a while and I don't remember the last vn I was reading back then... I think I had just finished Steins; Gate?

Anyway, I started Umineko and I am not on episode 2! I'm LOVING IT :choco:

I've been trying to read an hour a day at least but for the last two weeks I've been failing it hard cuz of Fuwa work :sob

oh the irony

———————

Oh and also, I've played a bunch of VN demos from the Steam Next Fest event — ghostpia (I loved this so much); BRXKEN INSIDE; Every Hue of You; Fragile Feelings; from Madness with Love; Monster Lover: Balasque; Tenebrae; and The Frozen Kingdom.

Playing Venus Blood Hypno/Hollow, and compared to Frontier it's easier to get high rank now that you have the game tell you the S goal rank along with on how much your progress. Of course you can always ignoring it (And in turn it make the game easier), but it should be enough for a self-imposed challenge run. Oh yes, you can corrupt the heroines like in Frontier, although this time you need to wait until the rest phase (So no waiting in order to fill Train gauge to corrupt the heroines before attacking the territory like in Frontier anymore).

Edited by littleshogun

JackJeanne

jack-jeanne-data-uscita-01-1620x800.jpg

JackJeanne is a special Otome Game written and illustrated by Tokyo Ghoul's Ishida Sui and it's everything I wanted it to be!

My heart broke with the cancelation of Act-Age and A3! (English Version) so I had a mighty need of more theater fiction.

Combine my desire for theater and otome games and anyone can see why JackJeanne had my entire focus despite drowning in games.

I started with Suzu's Route and I took 1,5 weeks for it lol

JackJeanne is just super long for an otome game (4-6 hours per route is what I'm used from Otomate). 

I really enjoy the preparations for the plays, finding out what kind of story we get to see this time and who will play who. Everyone doing their best learning their character, thinking about their role in the play and feeling like you're not good enough.

When it comes to the plays themself, I like the Fall Performance for the quality acting and the Winter Performance for the feelings it gave me the most.

The Univeil Performance was quite something too tho! Especially since it will differ in every route. 

I also enjoy when the "Girl protag pretends to be a boy" tropes come into play. Suzu catching feelings for his bro not knowing Kisa's a girl and the comedy that follows. It get's even funnier once he knows lol

Spoiler

Please let the hot spring event happen for everyone! Suzu was SO MAD once he realized that he unknowingly bathed with her. Hilarious!

It's also funny how worried Kisa get's about hiding her gender when she absolutely has nothing to worry about. Rhodonite is femboy central and has boys much more feminine than she is!

I can't wait to see how the other routes will go! I think I'm most curious about Neji and Kai. Neji for being a hot mess who really get's under everyone's skin.

Spoiler

Winter was painful and it was 100% His fault! It was great but man...

And Kai since I really sympathize with him. He's a good guy who deserves more than he usually get's. I want a happy end for him!

I think I can already recommend JackJeanne to anyone who likes stories about making a play, stories about pretending to be a gender you're not and if you like femboys lol

Edited by Shiawase_Rina
Mobil formatting has to be learned lol

On 7/2/2023 at 2:00 PM, Shiawase_Rina said:

JackJeanne

jack-jeanne-data-uscita-01-1620x800.jpg

JackJeanne is a special Otome Game written and illustrated by Tokyo Ghoul's Ishida Sui and it's everything I wanted it to be!

My heart broke with the cancelation of Act-Age and A3! (English Version) so I had a mighty need of more theater fiction.

Combine my desire for theater and otome games and anyone can see why JackJeanne had my entire focus despite drowning in games.

I started with Suzu's Route and I took 1,5 weeks for it lol

JackJeanne is just super long for an otome game (4-6 hours per route is what I'm used from Otomate). 

I really enjoy the preparations for the plays, finding out what kind of story we get to see this time and who will play who. Everyone doing their best learning their character, thinking about their role in the play and feeling like you're not good enough.

When it comes to the plays themself, I like the Fall Performance for the quality acting and the Winter Performance for the feelings it gave me the most.

The Univeil Performance was quite something too tho! Especially since it will differ in every route. 

I also enjoy when the "Girl protag pretends to be a boy" tropes come into play. Suzu catching feelings for his bro not knowing Kisa's a girl and the comedy that follows. It get's even funnier once he knows lol

Reveal hidden contents

Please let the hot spring event happen for everyone! Suzu was SO MAD once he realized that he unknowingly bathed with her. Hilarious!

It's also funny how worried Kisa get's about hiding her gender when she absolutely has nothing to worry about. Rhodonite is femboy central and has boys much more feminine than she is!

I can't wait to see how the other routes will go! I think I'm most curious about Neji and Kai. Neji for being a hot mess who really get's under everyone's skin.

Reveal hidden contents

Winter was painful and it was 100% His fault! It was great but man...

And Kai since I really sympathize with him. He's a good guy who deserves more than he usually get's. I want a happy end for him!

I think I can already recommend JackJeanne to anyone who likes stories about making a play, stories about pretending to be a gender you're not and if you like femboys lol

Aw, cool to see more people here playing otome! Jack Jeanne is one that caught my eye for sure!!

⋆。°✩⋆。°✩⋆。°✩⋆。°✩⋆。°✩⋆。°✩⋆。°✩⋆。°✩⋆。°✩⋆。°✩

I myself am currently reading Umineko and Synesthesia. I'm keeping a daily log for Umineko, maybe I should share that one here! Great, I'll do just that! ... Starting tomorrow. :wahaha:

Synesthesia is very interesting for sure, though the voice acting gave me a bit of whiplash because they are AI (synthetic voices, at least). I got used to them pretty quickly, and I guess it's a fine alternative for people who don't have the budget for it. There's always the option to mute it (and the games does tell you that at the beginning, which I found pretty nice).
The art is fine and all, though there were two things that bothered me a little. Not to the point of annoyance, but I did notice. 1) The female characters are much more detailed than their male counterparts. That isn't exactly uncommon, of course, but it's to the point of looking at different artstyles (which might not be a stretch?) and 2) the girls are... way too detailed. Like, if I had clothes that wrinkly, I'd have to iron them! :iamslain: I'm just playing around, it isn't that bad, but as an artist who struggled with that at the beginning, it's something I take notice of hahaha

Edited by Fujoneko

Just finished THE LOST ONE Last Chapter of Eve this past week.

145017856.jpg
 OMG what a mess that last section was lol.

So I went into this game with low expectations, but actually found MOST of it to be pretty decent. It's dumb, but still pretty enjoyable overall; I think it's just the horribly anticlimactic ending that drives it to kusoge status.

• Spoiler
    • I actually liked the new protagonist, Kirino Kyouko. She's utterly incompetent, but pretty cute.
      • Kyouko and Yuuji's dynamic, particularly their interactions when they first arrive in Eldia, is honestly one of the better parts of the game.
      • I'm guessing she must have been at least kind of popular since she apparently shows back up in the modern sequels.
    • Snake/Kenjou on the other hand is... not really even a character.
      • The playing as the villain dynamic was kind of interesting at the beginning but... with the amount of flip-flopping he does, his motivations really make no sense.
      • Was there any explanation for that weird meta section where he says he's gonna stop listening to you, and the "Player" briefly becomes a distinct character from Kenjou but... it doesn't really go anywhere. WTF was that?
    • Using a fax machine to translate what a dolphin is saying and print out a picture of what it saw. Amazing. If I remember anything about this stupid game, it'll be this.
    • Why doesn't Pricia have any god damn security???? They literally let anyone just wander into the palace, and go into her bedroom etc...
      • And what purpose did the whole fake assassination serve??? Moments before that scene, we learn that the whole Basquiat sect was turning on Romeos and was now loyal to Pricia. It makes sense why Romeos would try to kill her because of that but.... it doesn't explain why Pricia thought she had to let him "succeed"
    • OMG Kyouko is so damn stupid. She learns there's a killer virus that puts people into comas. She immediately find someone like this, and just figures they're asleep. Later that day, she finds him again, "weird, he's still asleep". It takes a full day and some help from Yuuji before she finally puts two and two together and figures out that this guy might not just be sleeping.
    • Kyouko and Yuuji literally go "searching" for a vaccine, then give up after looking through the 4 available locations. Yeah, because you're just gonna find one.
    • Why the hell did Sakuraba just randomly show up in the desert????? Prior to Kyouko telling him, he clearly had no idea that a vaccine for LOST ONE was possible even, so he obviously wasn't out there to stop them from finding Mayako. It feels like the creative team ran out of time/budget, and needed to end the game quick so they just threw together a last minute show-down with the villain.
      • I can't imagine how out of nowhere it must have been in the original version which lacked the extra Marina section (wherein the player officially learns Sakuraba is still alive)
    • Kyouko and Yuuji, neither of which are medical professionals, somehow just make a vaccine in a tent in the desert using some instructions that Maina threw together??? Really???
      • And then the game just ends after that????? THAT'S IT!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!? lol
    • At least Himuro had a decent amount of screen time, I guess.
      • Speaking of which, apparently she dies in the original Saturn version/EVE: THE LOST ONE? Or at least it was left ambiguous. Apparently the credits CG of her in the Windows version was specifically added to make it clear she's still alive since her 'death' pissed the fans off.
    • Poor Mayako. That's all

Overall, a pretty disappointing follow-up to Burst Error, albeit some of the stupid stuff that happened was pretty memorable. Glad I played either way - Gave me a good laugh if nothing else.