What are you playing?

I've finished One, and I have to stay it could have been so much more. The common route is great, but once you get onto any heroine's route the whole thing just takes a dip in quality. It pulls drama out of nowhere, there's usually barely any resolution to speak of and some of the routes are just odd and a little bit disturbing (Nagamori's and Shiina's). Nothing wrong with odd or disturbing, hell, Saya no Uta is one of my favourites, but it actually makes sense there.

Currently playing Tokimeki Check in!, and loving it. Planning to continue My Girlfriend is the President cause I found the fix though I have to try it first (Changed to windows 8 whereby it was giving an error so I couldn't continue it), also have to continue Loren the Amazon Princess and Kingdom of Loving.

I'm several hours into World End Economica and it's really good so far. I like the story and writing, the backgrounds are gorgeous and the sprites are nice and varied. Only problem is that the translation is pretty damn bad. Tons of typos everywhere and even something as silly as the Big Bull Cafe being called the Big Blue Cafe in a few instances, probably because whoever was translating those parts didn't even read the whole thing or missed the part where the name is explained, and just assumed that Buru is Blue, not Bull. Other than that, it's a great change of pace from the standard high school setting. :)

I'm several hours into World End Economica and it's really good so far. I like the story and writing, the backgrounds are gorgeous and the sprites are nice and varied. Only problem is that the translation is pretty damn bad. Tons of typos everywhere and even something as silly as the Big Bull Cafe being called the Big Blue Cafe in a few instances, probably because whoever was translating those parts didn't even read the whole thing or missed the part where the name is explained, and just assumed that Buru is Blue, not Bull. Other than that, it's a great change of pace from the standard high school setting. :)

That's really unfortunate about the translation, but i'm glad you're enjoying it!

Finished World End Economica episode 1... Shame only one of them is translated, I'm really eager for more. Totally didn't end the way I had expected it to, and now I'm annoyed that there apparently aren't any ongoing translations of the next episodes.

Now I'm going to continue reading Amaranto, which is what I was reading when I got my hands on WEE.

A week late but made some VN progress:

>Completed episodes 5 and 6 of Umineko Chiru over the holidays. I can't wait to finish the rest once summer break begins >.<.

>Completed Komari's route of LB after months of putting it off and started Kurugaya's as well. After Kurugaya, off to Rin2/Refrain, the feels...

>Completed my first route in D.C II, Koko's.

Also started World End Economica yesterday, really enjoying it so far even though I'm only an hour or two in, but yes grammar mistakes everywhere .__.

Played Steins;gate and finished it -- not particularly challenging to get 100% in it, since it's very straight forward, but...somehow, I missed Mayuri's Ending. I went back with a walkthrough after trying 4-5 times to get it, and still didn't unlock it. Somehow I got Kurui's Ending and the True End before Mayuri's and ....yeah,  I don't even know. Very, very good VN, though.

Debating on what I should try now.

Currently:

Ever17
Grisaia no Kajitsu
Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo
Tears to Tiara

World End Economics ( Waiting for full translation, though. )

Are what I'm thinking about playing. I haven't finished Swan Songs yet, but I lost all drive to play it after a....certain event. I have a few RPG-VN's that I play casually on the side ( Kamidori Alchemy Meister, for example ) --- but my main interest are dark and/or well developed stories. I got bored of the whole...cutesy loli highschool VN's without any "drama" or "danger" or "suspense". Mature, I guess? I don't know. But that's currently what's up.

What event made you lose the will to complete swan song? It's probably worth it to continue (and get both endings, yes there are two!)

After the series of gym events, when Takuma decides to really embrace the post-apocalyptic world.

I didn't care for his narrative nearly as much as I did Tsukasa -- it was almost jarring, how different the two were. It's partly my fault, too, because I liked Tsukasa a LOT more as a character, so anytime Takuma's POV comes up, I just cringe.

Played Steins;gate and finished it -- not particularly challenging to get 100% in it, since it's very straight forward, but...somehow, I missed Mayuri's Ending. I went back with a walkthrough after trying 4-5 times to get it, and still didn't unlock it. Somehow I got Kurui's Ending and the True End before Mayuri's and ....yeah,  I don't even know. Very, very good VN, though.

Debating on what I should try now.

Currently:

Ever17

Grisaia no Kajitsu

Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo

Tears to Tiara

World End Economics ( Waiting for full translation, though. )

Are what I'm thinking about playing. I haven't finished Swan Songs yet, but I lost all drive to play it after a....certain event. I have a few RPG-VN's that I play casually on the side ( Kamidori Alchemy Meister, for example ) --- but my main interest are dark and/or well developed stories. I got bored of the whole...cutesy loli highschool VN's without any "drama" or "danger" or "suspense". Mature, I guess? I don't know. But that's currently what's up.

Go with Ever 17, imo. There's a reason it's a classic.

If you have a 3DS or 2DS I recommend the Zero Escape games, starting with 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors (it's a DS game) followed by Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward. The latter is available on Vita, but you really shouldn't miss 999.

This. 999 is the "spiritual sequel" to the infinity series (Never7/Ever17/Remember11, all recommended, though Never7 is the worst of 'em), but made more "accessible" to the general public (that is, less moe stuff, no slice of life, and faster pacing, among other things)

Other recommendations? Muv Luv Alternative is the obvious one (though you need to play Muv Luv first), YU-NO (seriously, it's good), Sharin no Kuni and G-Senjou are pretty good, too. I'm actually playing Tears to Tiara now, but I'm only 3 hours in, so it's kinda early to say if it's good or not.