What are you playing?

At this point we really should say that we're talking about Kira☆Kira and not Kira*Kira. Yes, these are two entirely different visual novels and both are translated to english. One is about rock and roll, adolescence, and adventurous summer trips, the other is about... well.. who the hell knows?

So I got my hands on HuniePop... somehow. It's been a long time since the last time I played a dating sim. And, well, what can I say? It's REALLY damn addicting.

Oh well. See you guys in three months.

Aiko is best girl. Lewd woman is the best.

Truth.  Aiko > Jessie in literally every way.  I got irritated with Jessie and just started clicking to skip her dialogue; her VO really started to get on my nerves.

Making myself finish Hoshimemo again...really gotta get my crap together.  This is almost as bad as my Makina Doldrums while I was reading Kajitsu...

Truth.  Aiko > Jessie in literally every way.  I got irritated with Jessie and just started clicking to skip her dialogue; her VO really started to get on my nerves.

Making myself finish Hoshimemo again...really gotta get my crap together.  This is almost as bad as my Makina Doldrums while I was reading Kajitsu...

I just now finished If My Heart Had Wings. Personally didn't have any issues with the translation and was able to thoroughly enjoy all the routes. All the characters grew on me the more I read and I was satisfied with the endings. The only gripe I have, which I will add is ironic due to the nature of the game, was that there was to much flying. I wanted to see more dates and lovey-dovey stuff but it was still good.

I forgot the name of the VN I was planning on reading next so for the time being I will look around and see if anything catches my eye. I want something more dark and heavy but still romance/drama.  

At this point we really should say that we're talking about Kira☆Kira and not Kira*Kira. Yes, these are two entirely different visual novels and both are translated to english. One is about rock and roll, adolescence, and adventurous summer trips, the other is about... well.. who the hell knows?

Since my roommate is most likely finally going to get a tablet to play VNs, I was downloading and going through a bit of Clannad so I could give it to him later (he asked for some middle school romance for his first VN), and damn, the rush of nostalgia and the feels from the BGMs nearly took me out. After all those years, I was starting to think that Clannad wasn't that special after all, but if just reading through the prologue nearly moved me to tears, there must've been something there. I'm glad this was one of my first VNs. :)

Copy&pasting that damn star is just the worst thing ever. #annoyingvideogametitles

What the real Kira*Kira is about? "Bad Ending(s); Evil Route; No sexual content". So according to VNDB, it's about nothing.  :Kappa:

Just finished the Secret Heroine's route in Hoshimemo.  I thought the ending was pretty weird, and I actually like the bad/normal end better than the good end.

Spoilers:

If I'm correct, Yume gave birth to Mare after Mare had You reap her to get rid of Yume's unnamed disease...and that kinda weirded me out, since I'm pretty sure Mare had feelings for him.

Just finished the Secret Heroine's route in Hoshimemo.  I thought the ending was pretty weird, and I actually like the bad/normal end better than the good end.

Spoilers:

If I'm correct, Yume gave birth to Mare after Mare had You reap her to get rid of Yume's unnamed disease...and that kinda weirded me out, since I'm pretty sure Mare had feelings for him.

There's one final route, though it's more of a bonus then an anything fullblown. Don't recall all the conditions but I know finishing Yume's endings was one of them (sorry, been afew years).

Probably be finishing up Little Witch Romanesque soon. A lot of it is pretty cliche, but some of the apprentices' adventures are interesting. As far as the gameplay goes, I took to hacking the game stats after my first playthrough to not have to deal with the dice nonsense constantly.

Also playing Sisters: Last Day of Summer Ultra Edition(Untranslated) on the side. The characters being semi-animated (Blinking, shifting slightly when idle, voice moving when they talk, anime-quality H scenes) is freaking awesome, but the long, constantly repeating shots of the house and furniture pointlessly slow things down to the point of it being a pain to play.

There's one final route, though it's more of a bonus then an anything fullblown. Don't recall all the conditions but I know finishing Yume's endings was one of them (sorry, been afew years).

Yeah, I heard it was basically fandisc-esque, and yes, I already know that it's a Mare route

:P I look at walkthroughs most of the time because I'm a lazy bum.

Suddenly got the urge to read Akatsuki no Goei, so I picked up Tsuki's after story in the fandisc and finished it in one go. More than a fandisc route, it felt like a proper ending to her route - and it made me realise how much her route needed that. I've really enjoyed it a lot - there was character development for both Tsuki and Kaito, which was fantastic.

It also reaffirmed that Tsuki is indeed the best girl forever, and I won't let anyone say otherwise. D:

I've been playing Wind -a breath of heart- and man, this really isn't very good, is it? The pacing is all over the place. It meanders without any purpose during the common route, going on for a decent chunk of time, and then things happen a mile a second during the heroine routes, as if they try to jam pack as much story and character development as possible in an hour's time. Because that's seriously how long each route is. Here's how the Nozomi route goes (really, you won't care if this particular game gets spoiled, it kinda sucks):

You hang out at the summer festival, Nozomi almost confesses. Wakaba, Nozomi's sister, is attacked with a sword by another heroine, Hikari. Minamo's dad dies (she's your childhood friend). You get involved in another fight between Wakaba and Hikari, Wakaba passes out. About 20 or so minutes has passed since the beginning of the route. Nozomi confesses to you while Wakaba is unconscious, literally the next scene you're fucking her. The h-scenes are short so this is only about 25-30 minutes in now. There is one scene where the protagonist visits the cafe Nozomi works at and a slightly cute conversation happens between him and his friends as he tries to hide their relationship. Then he stumbles upon and confronts Hikari, but Hikari spares him. He immediately learns that Wakaba is planning to let Hikari sacrifice her to save Nozomi using the weird magical voodoo (she has a heart condition). A swordfightfight breaks out between Nozomi and Hikari. Some drama and exposition occurs. Credits roll, about 45-50 minutes into the route. A short epilogue happens. The end.

It's ridiculous. The pacing is really messed up. At the beginning of the game, there is a translation note saying that the translators actually cut 25% of the original script due to "redundancy". If that was during the heroine routes, I can only surmise it was a huge mistake because I can't imagine the original being any worse than this. If the content was cut from the common route, then I'm extra baffled as to how bad the pacing must have originally been. In the heroine routes things move from scene to scene with barely anything to ease the transitions, you're often thrown in each scene with little context. They give no time for each scene to settle in, and you ultimately have almost no emotional attachment to anything that happens. 

So yeah, that's Wind for you. I figured I'd read it and reread ef before Eden comes out so I can gauge all of Minori's translated games back to back. I'm not sure I feel like finishing Wind, but I guess it wouldn't take very long to clean up the remaining two routes.

I launched Higanbana last night but there were several awkward sounding sentences (the kind that feel literally translated) right off the bat. Having caught bad translation phobia, I sadly decided to put it off and read it in japanese later... I wanted to get a taste of Ryukishi's writing anyway.

Instead I played Steins;Gate 8 bit. That was pretty damn cool. That retro feeling is great. I'm a sucker for pixel graphics, and having to input commands to get shit to happen is pretty fun too.

Although that actually makes the game kinda hard. The story is a bit absurd to begin with, albeit really not bad, but you have to do a few nonsensical things sometimes.

Still, it's very doable, except for the very end where you need to input a password that's just bonkers. First, you can't possibly guess it without having read/watched Chaos;Head too, and even then (I did watch the shitty anime version of C;H) you need to have the idea because you don't get a single clue (less I missed a logical link with the C;H story, which is very possible). But well, walkthroughs are made for that, I didn't let myself get frustrated by a trivial detail like that.

A cool read. It just reinforces the idea that Steins;Gate is a story full of love for the otaku culture, including the older one and the retro Akiba.

Instead I played Steins;Gate 8 bit. That was pretty damn cool. That retro feeling is great. I'm a sucker for pixel graphics, and having to input commands to get shit to happen is pretty fun too.

Although that actually makes the game kinda hard. The story is a bit absurd to begin with, albeit really not bad, but you have to do a few nonsensical things sometimes.

Still, it's very doable, except for the very end where you need to input a password that's just bonkers. First, you can't possibly guess it without having read/watched Chaos;Head too, and even then (I did watch the shitty anime version of C;H) you need to have the idea because you don't get a single clue (less I missed a logical link with the C;H story, which is very possible). But well, walkthroughs are made for that, I didn't let myself get frustrated by a trivial detail like that.

A cool read. It just reinforces the idea that Steins;Gate is a story full of love for the otaku culture, including the older one and the retro Akiba.

I was interested to see the story as it involved both S;G and C;H, but didn't play it in the end as I don't like retro graphics much.

How is the story ? Could you give a summary of the story ?

It's pretty short. It starts after the True Route of S;G. Okabe gets a D-mail from his self in 2025 saying he should stop a man called Neithardt from turning the whole world into moe-lovers. The rest is a point & click adventure of you trying to find that Neithardt dude, asking other lab mems, going through Akiba... It's over pretty fast, but it's fun. There are very S;G-esque moments, but don't expect any large scale story or anything, it's all in all a pretty absurd spin-off more based on comedy.

It's pretty short. It starts after the True Route of S;G. Okabe gets a D-mail from his self in 2025 saying he should stop a man called Neithardt from turning the whole world into moe-lovers. The rest is a point & click adventure of you trying to find that Neithardt dude, asking other lab mems, going through Akiba... It's over pretty fast, but it's fun. There are very S;G-esque moments, but don't expect any large scale story or anything, it's all in all a pretty absurd spin-off more based on comedy.

Wait, wait... is this referring to the C;H protagonist? I might have to read this.  :lol:

Wait, wait... is this referring to the C;H protagonist? I might have to read this.  :lol:

As I said, I only watched the C;H anime two years ago, and it sucked so hard I tried to erase it from my memory :P I don't even remember who the protagonist is.

But yeah, it's very possible, considering what happens in S;G 8 bit.

You should read it, it's only like 2-3 hours top.

As I said, I only watched the C;H anime two years ago, and it sucked so hard I tried to erase it from my memory :P I don't even remember who the protagonist is.

But yeah, it's very possible, considering what happens in S;G 8 bit.

You should read it, it's only like 2-3 hours top.

Yeah, the anime is an absolute trainwreck. The VN is way better - it's not as good as S;G, but it's still great in its own rights; I'd even say it does some things a bit better - but I can understand if the anime ruined it for you forever.

I'll definitely check out the S;G VN. :)

Yeah, the anime is an absolute trainwreck. The VN is way better - it's not as good as S;G, but it's still great in its own rights; I'd even say it does some things a bit better - but I can understand if the anime ruined it for you forever.

Actually, it's more that I was waiting to completely forget about the anime before getting into the VN.

I guess I could now, clearly I don't remember crap about it except that it sucked.

I got tons of stuff piled up in my backlog though :vinty:

Back to Iroseka now I guess.

Finished danganronpa 2, that ending.. I'm really satisfied with it  ^_^ I liked both 1 and 2 a lot, but if I had to pick, I'd say I liked 2 a bit more. It feels like there was more stuff to think about, even though I already knew the setting a bit. On the other side I might be really biased because I liked 1 a lot too. Oh my joy when

Kirigiri also showed up again at the end of 2! 

:D

A while ago I also finished Fault  milestone 1, I really regret not pledging a bit more and getting a physical copy of the game  :(  I liked it a lot. It has this simple set up with a lot of the same repeating BGs, no voice, but you still experience the story so well through the sprites and music, I really like that. I'm really looking forward to milestone 2! I secretly hope there will be a pledge reward that gives you a physical copy of both milestone 1 and 2 ;-;

I recently started reading H2O - footprints in the sand again (√ after and another Complete story Edition), I didn't even know it had an anime, but I haven't seen it so that's good for me! I'll probably watch it for fun after finishing the VN. I only read the prologue a while back but couldn't get through the first part for some reason. But now I picked it up again its interesting enough to keep reading. ^^; I'm also planning to start Cartagra soon and try the Violet Hill demo (a bit late) I've been curious about. Aaand..maybe after all that I'm in the mood to pick up Grisaia again!  ^_^