What are you playing?

Currently reading Katawa Shoujo. The premise is interesting enough: a school for those suffering from life altering afflictions, mixing together fun and rehab, until the students are ready for the outside world. Kind of a little burned out on the whole school setting cause of anime. Only a couple of hours in so I'll push forward in order to see more, hopefully it doesn't disappoint.

The only way I could see you being disappointed is if you aren't looking for a feels ride  :lol:

Common sense might think, that someone with a critical heart condition shouldn't try to race an athlete. But a bunch of people apparently just did it anyway. 

In retrospect, I'm not sure if these people are mindless lolicons or cold-blooded murderers...  :Kappa:

Emi is not a loli~! Take it back.

So I have just finished reading MLA

worst ending of all times...the vn was a 10/10 until that ending...everything it did everything at the end... it went down the pipe....everything takeru achieved for nothing and he lost his memories...he ended up being an idiot all over again, and why was kasumi there? (clearly she was the only one that knew what happened) but why? the ending practically ruined everything...

So in the end the BETAs were only miners extracting that g-element from different planets, they weren't even fighting with humanity, who was that "creator" what was he, a god?...were the BETAs just creatures controlled by him just to be his miners?

I'm so pissed off with this novel now u.u

Finished TIME TRAVELERS. I could write up several paragraphs about how stupid that VN is, but it'd be a waste of time. The plot is like just a bunch of scenes the writer thought would be cool on their own, but ultimately they make no sense when they're all put together. It's all just really badly written, this is definitely not the go-to time travel story. The 'gameplay' is equally bad too, maybe except for the second to last chapter, where it finally stopped holding you on a leach and let you tackle a time stop on your own. It was the highlight of the entire VN - you had to make correct decisions for all the protagonists at the same time, with each of them having their fail state you wouldn't know about until you got stuck with everyone else. If the entire VN was this, maybe it could've been great - but for what it was, a weak 6/10 from me, with bonus points for the nice OST and furigana everywhere for stupid gaijins and kids.

Halted all visual novels for Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1.

Whelp.

Cartagra is pretty good, with a nice element of mystery as you play as a detective to find a brutal murderer.  Not for the feint of heart as you will discover these murder victims in their undisturbed forms, and, there's a lot of sex.  I mean, a LOT.  If you're not careful about what choices you make when prompted, you have a 60% chance of ending up in an H-scene.  Other than that, I always have about 10+ stalled titles that need finishing somewhere.  my advice is download one title at a time, so you don't end up like me.

I'm on Chapter 8 of Forest and waiting for the vn reading club to announce january's visual novel so I can have something to read when Forest is done...I'm indecisive as hell. 

I'm reading Forest as well but the deeper I'm getting into the story the more confused I get. It's slightly off-putting :(

Been reading Canvas 2. The way the routes play out is pretty strange. There are a lot of choices, and each choice can have like 6 options. To get into a route you pretty much have to choose to see that girl every time you can. The choices aren't always "see this person", half the time it's just "go here/do this", where you just happen to run into that person. So you end up "accidentally" seeing them multiple times a day, every day. I mean, it's pretty weird to run into and socialize with the same teacher multiple times a day, including off campus.

At least the characters are likable enough for the most part. Only one tsundere, and though unreasonable as expected even she has the boon of having the best voice.

Started Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete in hopes of getting a better time travel story than TIME TRAVELERS, which frankly shouldn't be that difficult to get. I've just read a bit, so there is not much going on yet, but at least some of the characters seem likeable, like Kaori. And unless I'm hearing things, Airi has the same VA as Yuki from SubaHibi, which automatically makes her best char of the VN regardless whether I actually like her or not. :D

I'll slowly continue, with my expectations at the minimum.

Well, finished the first "route" and actually got to the real starting point (???) of Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete. The road there, uh, to be honest, first I was amazed by the bad third-rate evil judo club, then bored to death by below average romance drama, and when the (predictable) twist finally came, I had to double check if I suddenly wasn't reading Kimi ga Nozomu Eien instead. That said, with the real concept now at least partially laid out, I can see this getting better... that is, if the route structure starts making any sense. Yay for fake choices!