What are you playing?

After putting it off for a very long time, I decided I better finish Comyu before I start any new VNs. I finally started Kagome's route today after rereading the common route (it's been over eight months!). Seems like there are elements from all of the other routes incorporated into this one? You don't often see that even for true routes.

After putting it off for a very long time, I decided I better finish Comyu before I start any new VNs. I finally started Kagome's route today after rereading the common route (it's been over eight months!). Seems like there are elements from all of the other routes incorporated into this one? You don't often see that even for true routes.

Yep.  Can't remember all of them, but they're taking advantage of the fact that it's the last route to really make you remember certain aspects of the characters.  I kinda like it, it's fairly unique.

I can vouch for theboxcarracer, as Tsukihime is truly a classic. If you can get over the dated aesthetics, then you're in for quite the legendary story. Tsukihime was also one my first Visual Novels, as well (well not really, but it was my second after F/SN, in which I liked Tsukihime more). I really can't wait for a remake of the work to be finished someday... (*‿*✿)

I also agree with this, I've enjoyed Tsukihime's story more than I've did F/sn's. The only reason I gave the VN a lower score is so I can push it way up when the remake comes out... if it ever comes out... maybe in 50 years? ;_;

I had just recently started Comyu and then noticed the visual novel reading club/discussion thing was doing Forest so I switched to that...like what I've been reading of it so far. I also briefly started hollow ataraxia but I might wait until I replay HF which will happen probably in january. I'm currently trying to decide whether or not I should put money down for the physical edition of Ef and little witch romanesque which might end up getting played before Ataraxia if I buy either of them. I'm using the current UBW anime as a bit of a refresher before replaying HF and then HA.

HF spoilers

So how does Sakura feel like as a vampire, as far as the story integrity does? While it is easy to laugh at the whole semen = magic energy deal, F/sn definitely wasn't the only fantasy setting where I've seen this used, so I didn't really find it hard to accept or take seriously. Changing Sakura into a vampire for the all-ages purposes seems almost drastic... how did they manage?

What?  That's just plain silly.  Sure, the 18+ situation felt kinda strange sometimes, but randomly having her be a

vampire out of the blue makes even less sense, and like you said, at least there's a precedence for the semen = magical energy thing.

It's not really that silly. The sucking blood had significance as well. Due to Sakura being forced to accept the Makiri household's type of magic, which is generally absorption, she can directly absorb the magical energy of people. In Heaven's Feel, as you know, Sakura faces a problem in which she's severely lacking magical energy due to having the crest worm inside of her and directly maintaining her Servant, which is Rider. In that sense, she needed magical energy. As far as the story goes, whenever she gets hot, she's consuming her magical energy at an alarming rate. That's why in the 18+ version, Shirou had to regularly have sex with Sakura to replenish her magical energy. That's her way of absorption. Whenever they climax together, she absorbs Shirou's magical energy in a different way than that of Rin's and Saber's. That's why Shirou was awfully tired after sex. In the Realta Nua version, sucking of blood replaced the sex. Since, well, magical energy runs through the blood of magi. What better way to get magical energy than directly sucking the blood? This was moderate at first, then gets out of hand in the latter scenes. Just like how Shirou felt like his whole self was being sucked as Sakura climaxed. Something like that. I have no problem with it.

Tsukihime is either the greatest or second greatest VN I've ever read. It's honestly probably the best by a long shot, as I think the only reason I like the other one I like more is because it was one of the first VNs I ever read.

Tsukihime is incredible in every way. You should read that, in my opinion.

I've read it already, but I liked F/SN a little more.

Maybe because I didn't play Tsukihime with music.

Will replay it though.

It's not really that silly. The sucking blood had significance as well. Due to Sakura being forced to accept the Makiri household's type of magic, which is generally absorption, she can directly absorb the magical energy of people. In Heaven's Feel, as you know, Sakura faces a problem in which she's severely lacking magical energy due to having the crest worm inside of her and directly maintaining her Servant, which is Rider. In that sense, she needed magical energy. As far as the story goes, whenever she gets hot, she's consuming her magical energy at an alarming rate. That's why in the 18+ version, Shirou had to regularly have sex with Sakura to replenish her magical energy. That's her way of absorption. Whenever they climax together, she absorbs Shirou's magical energy in a different way than that of Rin's and Saber's. That's why Shirou was awfully tired after sex. In the Realta Nua version, sucking of blood replaced the sex. Since, well, magical energy runs through the blood of magi. What better way to get magical energy than directly sucking the blood? This was moderate at first, then gets out of hand in the latter scenes. Just like how Shirou felt like his whole self was being sucked as Sakura climaxed. Something like that. I have no problem with it.

I've read it already, but I liked F/SN a little more.

Maybe because I didn't play Tsukihime with music.

Will replay it though.

Just finished the alternative path of Looking-glass Insects. It's amazing how this keeps happening, but again... I was blown again. It does overdo itself every single time, as impossible as that sounds.

What a feel good arc this was. I am so glad those alternative branches exist, because this one went really out of its way. Even my horror at my awesome Yuki possibly being the disgusting Takuji was quickly swept away with the Kimika awesomeness and the anti-bullying badassery. Enjoyed that immensely. I was also starting to like Yuuki a lot - didn't expect that it'd be him who'd nearly destroy me with feels, though. This BGM, I swear... combined with the Cyrano speech... I almost couldn't even read, that's how bad it got me. ;_; Huge respect for the author just from this scene alone, taking real literature and philosophy and intertwining it with the story so much (even getting stuff like Cusa so tightly in there, wow)... he keeps surprising me, really. :)

The return of yuri that followed cheered me back up for sure, only for Ayana to pop up and make all those amazing title drops. Can't think of any other VN that would make title drops so frequently and so effectively - it works so well! And after those few lines, I really don't feel like continuing the real story. :D Screw the answers! I want my wonderful days~

Aah, restarting will be horrible. It'll probably take some courage to continue reading. ^^;

This VN screams 10/10 at me so loud that it's more like 11/10 now. With how good this is going, I might either die from disappointment or die from amazement... I don't think there is a way to finish this VN in a safe way. :D

Just finished the alternative path of Looking-glass Insects. It's amazing how this keeps happening, but again... I was blown again. It does overdo itself every single time, as impossible as that sounds.

What a feel good arc this was. I am so glad those alternative branches exist, because this one went really out of its way. Even my horror at my awesome Yuki possibly being the disgusting Takuji was quickly swept away with the Kimika awesomeness and the anti-bullying badassery. Enjoyed that immensely. I was also starting to like Yuuki a lot - didn't expect that it'd be him who'd nearly destroy me with feels, though. This BGM, I swear... combined with the Cyrano speech... I almost couldn't even read, that's how bad it got me. ;_; Huge respect for the author just from this scene alone, taking real literature and philosophy and intertwining it with the story so much (even getting stuff like Cusa so tightly in there, wow)... he keeps surprising me, really. :)

The return of yuri that followed cheered me back up for sure, only for Ayana to pop up and make all those amazing title drops. Can't think of any other VN that would make title drops so frequently and so effectively - it works so well! And after those few lines, I really don't feel like continuing the real story. :D Screw the answers! I want my wonderful days~

Aah, restarting will be horrible. It'll probably take some courage to continue reading. ^^;

This VN screams 10/10 at me so loud that it's more like 11/10 now. With how good this is going, I might either die from disappointment or die from amazement... I don't think there is a way to finish this VN in a safe way. :D

Yeah, I've always thought of SubaHibi as an 11/10 but that makes no sense. xD I think it is very much a 'love-it' or 'hate-it' experience, though. Especially Looking-Glass Insects...

The alternate routes are quite amazing and enjoyable so you'd definitely want to see them first. If you didn't, you'd find yourself skipping over them entirely, since the normal route just progresses you to the next chapter. That's what happened to me with the alt. route in Invention. :/

That song is definitely one of my favorites, and the OST in general is excellent. I listen to Yoru no Himawari and Chiisana Senritsu especially often, when I'm in the mood.

Edit: For Jabberwocky, when you pick the top choice, it's a bit different. You'll be led to the next chapter, so just go ahead and keep reading.

Okay, now for a post about Comyu.  I'd post it in the Comyu Discussion thread, but the most recent post is one of mine, and I don't want to double post  :/

Favorite heroines: Kagome (best girl, obviously) > Mayuki > Hisoka > Benio > Ayaya

Favorite routes: Kagome's > Mayuki's > Hisoka's > Benio's > Ayaya's

Izawa and Gasai are my favorite non-heroine characters.  A siscon/lolicon and a King, what a weird combo.

If anyone else wants to talk about Comyu, I'll explain why I liked the routes and characters, but I don't feel like I should make a huge block of hidden text.  I'm also lazy, so...yeah.