Summer 2015 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

I'll keep on watching Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa as a guilty pleasure too, even though the it looks pretty... ugly

Is that in regards to its art or writing? My impression of the show, from both a writing and an enjoyability standpoint, is a positive one. Jitsu wa has much better character chemistry than any other anime to start airing this season (not much of a compliment, but still good), has a fun and upbeat atmosphere fit for its genre, and a premise that's flexible enough to create diversity in scenario writing. I don't think there are enough flaws for one to consider it a guilty pleasure and not a regular enjoyment. And if it is in regards to the art, I'd disagree with that as well. I mean, sure, the character designs aren't overly unique (which isn't uncommon anymore), but the girls do look nice, and I'm content with the background art and animation.

I really liked this 3rd Gate episode.

It's good to know the anime won't be just war and bloodbaths and that they're actually going exploring and stuff, I look forward to seeing how the world works.

And 10/10 fastest way to gather a harem I've seen in a while. I knew I didn't make a mistake, Rory best grill confirmed.

I'm enjoying Classroom Crisis more than I expected. Initially I thought it'd be some sci-fi racing anime, but turns out there's some more substance to it. I can't say the anime is doing anything too impressive or original, but I do like the directing of it, it's entertaining enough to not make me yawn.

I wonder if the classroom will gather up again later, it was kind of a dick move to leave just because of something like that...

So I watched a few more shows this week.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa is a fun show. I'm excited to see what'll happen after this discovery that the protagonist made. Here's to hoping he encounters even more bizarre secrets as the show goes on.

I am quite disappointed with Kangoku Gakuen's censors. Why, the infamous beams of light strike again! It ruined the show for me, those beams of light. I may just wait for the BDs. But it was interesting. The OP was good too.

God Eater is nice. I can't wait for Alisa to show up.

Well, besides that, there's Danchigai, Rokka no Yuusha, Aoharu x Kikanjuu, Gakkou Gurashi, and Himouto! Umaru-chan.

I like what they did with Gakkou Gurashi's OP. I like how moe girls contrast to their reality. Yeah. It's nice. Aoharu x Kikanjuu's slowly getting there. But I felt like it developed too fast, seeing how fast the initial problem was solved. Danchigai is as cute as ever. Rokka no Yuusha, well, let's just say I'm getting even more excited for the next events that will unfold. I'm also warming up to that white haired girl. Umaru-chan is, undoubtedly, AOTS. No words are needed.

Oh god, if Gintama isn't blowing my lungs out with its comedy, it's bringing tears to me eyes. The Grim Reaper arc was exceptional. Best executed feels moment I've seen in a while.

Everyone's characterization in this arc was spot on. Between the father's judgment, Yaemon's motivation, and Asaemon's dedication, I'd say this story was very nicely written out. Seeing that promise made between Asaemon and Gintoki years back, and seeing it fulfilled the way it had been, I just couldn't hold back the tears.

This arc conveys the themes crime and humanity flawlessly.

This episode of Gangsta really got me pumped up, can't wait to see the fight between two high rank tags.

That part about Worick and Nico's past was nice, it's good to know this anime really pays attention to all the details and exposes everything carefully as it goes on.

I can't stress how entertaining it is to watch this show, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up on the top for the whole season.

Final to this Gintama arc was pretty solid, I always love learning about Gintoki's back ground (though just how much did he manage to cram into his young adult years).

I wonder if Yaemon will ever return. It was nice to see some Takasugi as well, I seriously hope he shows up more this season.

And another great episode of Umaru-chan as well.

I was a little worried when I heard the first clips of Kirie's voice, but it was surprisingly easy to get used to after a while.

Her facial expressions were pure gold.

Well, I was confused why the OP is different but after a feels ride with epic mindblowns, I get to see the ending. No wonder, this feels like the end for 4 devas arc all over again. Damn you Gintama why you so perfect.

Oh and fangasm to Takasugi obviously.

I liked this Gakkou Gurashi episode.

While it was mostly filler for the first half (though after researching I found out it's actually a bonus chapter in the manga about Megu-nee's diary), one thing the manga barely does is touch upon how the story begun, I don't even remember if the manga showed when they got together so it was nice to see that part in the anime so we can get some more background.

One thing I liked was how they touched the fact Yuki was bullied in school (hence why she used to hate it) but then in her delusions everyone is her friend.

Even if at the end of the day most of it is not that important to the overall plot, context is still nice to have.

I guess next episode will be Megu-nee's arc. Better prepare the feels bucket.

Rory is so best grill, I really want to see her in action.

I have this lingering fear that Gate will turn into war and bloodbath. I like this calmer, exploring the world, type of vibe, so I hope it's not ruined by the end of the show.

Maybe I'm staying too hopeful but I really like the way Gate is approaching this fantasy world and I was hoping it wouldn't go downhill. A few battles are fine by me but I don't want it to be a huge focus.

I noticed the novel only has 5 volumes and the anime will run for 24 episodes. Will this mean we'll get a full adaptation?

I sure wish the novels were translated but doesn't seem like it.

Rory is so best grill, I really want to see her in action.

I have this lingering fear that Gate will turn into war and bloodbath. I like this calmer, exploring the world, type of vibe, so I hope it's not ruined by the end of the show.

Maybe I'm staying too hopeful but I really like the way Gate is approaching this fantasy world and I was hoping it wouldn't go downhill. A few battles are fine by me but I don't want it to be a huge focus.

I noticed the novel only has 5 volumes and the anime will run for 24 episodes. Will this mean we'll get a full adaptation?

I sure wish the novels were translated but doesn't seem like it.

You have to note that is 5 volumes of novels NOT light novels. They have a light novel version too and its already at 10 volumes.

You have to note that is 5 volumes of novels NOT light novels. They have a light novel version too and its already at 10 volumes.

If I *do* remember correctly, those novels are like ~800 pages each too or something ridiculous.  Either way, we are not hitting anywhere near the end of Gate with this series, and would probably need at least 3 seasons or more to come close, provided the faithfully adapt the series.

Charlotte Episode 4 

Alright, little sister has become annoying. #TeamDeath. Same recycled jokes that stopped being funny.

How dare you! She pours her soul into that pizza sauce!

I will agree if Charlotte stays this formulating then it's quite the let down.

Ohhh man I sooo did not expect whatever just happened in Shimoneta.

In other news,

Overlord ep 3 was an improvement, I guess I'll just watch it till the end now.

Rokka no Yuusha, Shokugeki no Soma and Charlotte are doing wonderfully.

Gakkou Gurashi was indeed really good, will be interesting to see how things proceed.

Aaaand fully pumped for the fight in the next Gangsta ep.