Fuwacast Episode 12 - YouTube Upload + Update

I have uploaded episode 12 of the Fuwacast to my YouTube channel. The Major, who created all of the videos for my channel, has done an excellent job giving the cast a new look in celebration of its revival. The theme now reflects the changes which are going to be made to the front site; we are now using Emi's theme instead. The format of the videos has also changed slightly to make following the episodes a lot easier.

Again, I want to thank The Major and Emi from the forums for taking the time to both create this video and give it an awesome new look. Thanks guys, and enjoy.

Despite having spent the week in self-loathing, I had my share of fun with this. However, I feel like my microphone is bad (which is a bit of a letdown, since I bought it with things like this in mind) and my voice transmits as much emotion as Kristen Stewart's facial expressions...

Anyway, if I were to be invited again, I'd be honored to participate one more time :)

Although I'd have to spend the day going over my house, keyboard and software with a fine tooth comb to make sure 

NOTHING can go wrong...

Lastly and once more, my sincerest apologies to all involved in the podcast and to the listeners, for ruining the podcast's quality with my mishaps... *prostrates himself on floor and asks for forgiveness*

Looks like i wasnt the only one...

I am pretty sure you were much better than me and my stuttering *sigh* (and my "watching VN").

Hey, you stayed in the podcast the whole time. Due to unforseen consequences, I dropped out of it midway (and even mid comment,uuuggghhhh....) and I bet that might have made you all more nervous than you already were. In short, highly unprofessional and a shame that might haunt me for coming times, probably when someone ever mentions a podcast in a conversation. I haven't even listened to the episode; not because I don't care, but due to the fact that if I listen to it, I will crucify myself for the bad voice, the probably not so good opinions and most of all, the fatal, shameful moment when I disconnected.

Hey, you stayed in the podcast the whole time. Due to unforseen consequences, I dropped out of it midway (and even mid comment,uuuggghhhh....) and I bet that might have made you all more nervous than you already were. In short, highly unprofessional and a shame that might haunt me for coming times, probably when someone ever mentions a podcast in a conversation. I haven't even listened to the episode; not because I don't care, but due to the fact that if I listen to it, I will crucify myself for the bad voice, the probably not so good opinions and most of all, the fatal, shameful moment when I disconnected.

I think you are being too harsh on yourself , your voice wasn't that bad in forms of quality , I have seen worse (Egyptmasterrace) and it's ok if you disconnect, it sometimes happens. It is not your fauly , your luck was bad that's all.

One question that comes to mind is why was School Days regarded as a good newbie friendly choice. I understand the reasoning that it is largely animated thus making it a smooth transition for anime fans. But 1) If they get spoiled to animation in their first VN, they may get turned off by the rest. And 2) Thanks to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dgt-itmunh8 a huge portion of the anime community associates School Days as the "worst anime ever", because this sub-par but extremely popular Youtube reviewer said it was. Meaning, most anime fans want nothing to do with School Days. 

I apologise if I sound fanboyish, as though I do not watch Arkada's review's all that much anymore, I still like him. This is just my personal experience, but I watched the anime, saw his review, laughed my ass off and still felt curious about reading the VN. The prospect of guiding Makoto into faithfulness and a not-a-douchbag lifestyle felt interesting and new, whilst getting to know the heroines more (and spending more time with them) was a nice prospect that piqued my interest.

Once again, this is just my personal story and I might be a bit jaded since I quite like Arkada and Glass Reflection.

One question that comes to mind is why was School Days regarded as a good newbie friendly choice. I understand the reasoning that it is largely animated thus making it a smooth transition for anime fans. But 1) If they get spoiled to animation in their first VN, they may get turned off by the rest. And 2) Thanks to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dgt-itmunh8 a huge portion of the anime community associates School Days as the "worst anime ever", because this sub-par but extremely popular Youtube reviewer said it was. Meaning, most anime fans want nothing to do with School Days. 

School days is one of my favorite Vn/anime so i may not be very objective but i also thought that school days would be a good recomandation for a beginner but maybe not the first vn a beginner would play, as i said in the podcast, attention span is something most people dont have alot of, especially for reading , so a first vn should be something short or medium length , then maybe school days to get people accustomed  with a vn of a larger length.

Setting aside my own opinion about School Days, I don't the get the 'close to anime because it's animated' argument.

Most anime fans don't give a shit about animation. They're pretty much blind to it and as long as the face of the characters looks okay they won't complain. And for those fans who do care about animation, School Days is barely animated. It's static as fuck and most backgrounds are ugly 3D, and the synchronization is poor.

Setting aside my own opinion about School Days, I don't the get the 'close to anime because it's animated' argument.

Most anime fans don't give a shit about animation. They're pretty much blind to it and as long as the face of the characters looks okay they won't complain. And for those fans who do care about animation, School Days is barely animated. It's static as fuck and most backgrounds are ugly 3D, and the synchronization is poor.

School Days is the only VN my brother, an anime fan, will play.  I discussed this at length with him and he said he likes the movement and focus on dialogue (i.e., little or no narration), and these elements drew him in.  The interactivity made up for the sacrifices in animation quality.  Given that this was JAST's bestselling title for a while, I suspect this is a sentiment that is mirrored among many VN outsiders.