VN Reading Club - May 2015 (Coμ -Kuroi Ryuu to Yasashii Oukoku-)

Kosakyun

Hmm. Both Steins;Gate and G-Senjou are high on my To-read List, and Comyu was at least on my radar, so I'm fine with pretty much anything here. As long as there's no chance of KonoSora winning (no way I'm going to make the huge time investment to re-read it), I'll definitely participate in the club but probably abstain from voting. If you want my vote for something, feel free to try to convince me, though :D.

That said, I do have somewhat of a preference for Steins;Gate because I can (and actually already did, months ago) legally buy it from JAST. Anybody know where/how to import either G-Senjou or Comyu? J-List doesn't list either, and I've never succeeded at finding literally anything on Mandarake, ever, even though I've been told it's a good source. I also distinctly remember there being a thread in the forums listing places to buy VNs but cannot seem to dig it up.

Hmm. Both Steins;Gate and G-Senjou are high on my To-read List, and Comyu was at least on my radar, so I'm fine with pretty much anything here. As long as there's no chance of KonoSora winning (no way I'm going to make the huge time investment to re-read it), I'll definitely participate in the club but probably abstain from voting. If you want my vote for something, feel free to try to convince me, though :D.

That said, I do have somewhat of a preference for Steins;Gate because I can (and actually already did, months ago) legally buy it from JAST. Anybody know where/how to import either G-Senjou or Comyu? J-List doesn't list either, and I've never succeeded at finding literally anything on Mandarake, ever, even though I've been told it's a good source. I also distinctly remember there being a thread in the forums listing places to buy VNs but cannot seem to dig it up.

I don't remember either g-senjou no maou or comyu getting localized, maybe I am remembering wrong but they do have a fan patch at least.

Edit: I am interested in how many of the group who voted for a certain vn would actually read it :makina:

I don't remember either g-senjou no maou or comyu getting localized, maybe I am remembering wrong but they do have a fan patch at least.

Edit: I am interested in how many of the group who voted for a certain vn would actually read it :makina:

To clarify: I know there's no official translation for either. I'm asking for a way to purchase a Japanese edition (import, download, etc.,) to which I can then apply the fan patch.

Too bad I already played all of these (and hated half of them.) Is this only going to be limited to English releases, because there are only so many of them worth reading

(meaning this doesn't count) so this 'reading group' thing probably won't last very long.

Too bad I already played all of these (and hated half of them.) Is this only going to be limited to English releases, because there are only so many of them worth reading

(meaning this doesn't count) so this 'reading group' thing probably won't last very long.

As far as the people who got involved so far are concerned atm, I know many of them don't know jap so yeah it will probably be for english releases only.

Time for a jap vn reading club? :Kappa:

Maybe I can finally get to finishing Comyu by joining this club... Do I get a cookie now? (I just realized I'm joining this club along with the anime club and video game club... I have no life apparently.)

Do any of us have lives?

To each their own if you disliked half of them...not everyone will like everything. For the veterans to visual novels this likely won't introduce you to too many new games outside of the vns that get translated along the way.

I think there are definitely more than 12 vns worth reading so if nothing else we have at least a year...and there are a few others. We will be taking OELVN, Licensed, and Fan-translated games...however I might not be opposed to doing a JPN visual novel reading month as one of the themes in the future...perhaps we can get people interested in translating new games. It's something to think about and honestly a bi-monthly or seasonal group for other language visual novels might not be a horrible idea as a separate group. Do me a favor though and don't forget you were once new to VNs yourself...this is more to introduce people to new shit and to keep the vn interest alive. If there is a month where there simply isn't something you want to read then feel free not to participate in that month.