Heyyo!

shuak

I just noticed this but.....

Heyyo, I'm a guy from New York City who loves creating games and programming things. I've developed a couple of my own games and websites and I have also freelanced online by programming and designing websites for clients. So yeah, I know a couple of programming languages. Recently I slowed down in order to get more time reading manga and light novels, watching anime, and most of all playing visual novels :D. I hope to be a long time member of this community as well. That's all :)

Welcome to the forum~

What's your favorite VN atm?

Hii welcome~

Thank you. Satsuki I can't really tell but if you pulled my arm(not a masochist) I'd rank my favorites like this.

1. Edelweiss - Not known by many but this is my favorite just because it was able to blend great comedy,great relatable characters,fantasy, and tragedy. I've read tons of VNs at this point but in terms of comedy and relatable characters nothing has surpassed it IMO. Some of the routes made me cry like a baby. As well and the novel wasn't dragged out which was nice.

2. Muv Luv(extra,unlimited, and alternative) - I literally wasted my whole winter break reading this. Extra was simple and mediocre, but the progression from it to the other to made it really enjoyable for me. All of the tension and build up made everything worthwhile. The main character was the only one I could relate to but the author definitely made me feel something for (most) of the other characters. While reading it you couldn't help but grin or cry. Definitely one you try to forgot and go back to it just to (try) to have the same experience again.

3. katawa shoujo - in terms of crying most of my tears came from this. I loved the slice of life in this and definitely felt something for the heroines. While first reading this I had "chest pains" with all of the crippled characters and the MCs heart attacks which was a very new experience for me. As I pushed through I began to lighten up and enjoy the comedy and as I progressed through the route I felt a connection with the heroine. Definitely a good VN IMO. As for the chest pains thing its a kind of nervousness I feel when I'm umcomfortable . ( I still read horror VNs though)

4. Fate Unlimited Blade Works

I watched the show before the reading the vn but the VN blew me away. The progression of the characters especially the MC seemed more real in the novel. I was able to relate to the characters and I loved all the fighting scenes I've seen. The story really makes you think as well. This might be higher but I am only 90% finished with it.

Don't want to drag this out. Reading episodes 1-8 of the ps3 style Umineko ATM. I still have like 8 unfinished VNs in my taskbar though.

Welcome to the forums! Don't think we'v got any real tech savvy people on the forums, but that is to my extended knowledge ( there could be people I don't know about or haven't see on the forums), so that's a pretty useful skill you have there ,anyways, enjoy your stay :D 

• 1 month later...

Welcome fellow fsn fan , hope you enjoy your stay and welcome to the forums!

Also it's just wonderful to see someone who liked the anime and actually said the vn is great since most of the people out there have to badmouth either the anime or the vn ;-;