Hey, new here

Segai

Hello,

I'm Segai and I've been playing with VN's for quite a bit now. As with many people Katawa Shoujo was my first one and my god I was sold by this concept and immediately started searching for more. That's when I found this lovely site and hit my bandwidth cap by downloading way to many visual novels in a week.

I think I've played most of the "must read" visual novels like Hoshizora No Memoria and Sharin no Kuni and I can't really think of any VN I played that was bad. I'd say my favourite would be G-Senjou no Maou or Grisaia no Kajitsu though. Shiratori's bad ending has me grinning all the way up to my eyes and Sachi for lyf basically  :sachi: .

I'm currently playing Chaos;Head but can't really say i'm enjoying it too much, is this one of those VNs where it starts out pretty bad and then turns REALLY good (like Mirai Nikki)?

Apart from VN's I also watch a good amount of anime which I started about 6-ish years ago with Inuyasha and only recently got back to with different titles. If you're interested in what anime's I've watched (for whatever reason) or which I will watch you can check my list here.

About myself then I guess, I'm a 19 year old male person who lives in Belgium and studies in a field of engineering. I'm planning to start learning Japanese using guides on this forum this summer vacation or maybe a bit sooner, depends on how busy I am with school.

Nice to meet you all and I hope we'll all get along.  :lol:

Thanks everyone for the warm reception  ^_^ .

Seems you are missing the essential Clannad After Story from that list~ ;)

Anyway welcome, welcome! ^_^ Enjoy thy stay! :wacko: 

I indeed am, I watched the Clannad anime but I wanted to play the VN before doing after story.

Welcome to fuwa, we hope you have a nice time here. There're all kinds of goodies hidden in here, so look around. If you're interested in joining the fuwa skype group, lmk or check out our thread in the lounge. Oh, and if you haven't already, read Tsukihime!

Welcome and bienvenue to fuwatroopas, please take a seat and get along.

As a recommendation : Steins;Gate and Shikkoku no Sharnoth.

Thank you, I am currently reading Steins;Gate but it's a bit.. "Weird" I guess. I'm only at chapter 3 so I probably shouldn't judge too soon.

Also thank you for your recommendations, I'll try to read most of them but with Fuwanovel's torrents down that'll get a little bit harder now.

Thank you, I am currently reading Steins;Gate but it's a bit.. "Weird" I guess. I'm only at chapter 3 so I probably shouldn't judge too soon.

Also thank you for your recommendations, I'll try to read most of them but with Fuwanovel's torrents down that'll get a little bit harder now.

Just wait till chapter 6, but just, Steins;Gate isn't Chaos;Head, they are 2 different stories with different characters and all.

Chaos;head is totally different from steins;gate and steins;gate gets a lot better later on the first chapters are really low paced and not much happens, btw you should play it with a guide because it's pretty much impossible to get all the routes without one and you want to read until the chapter 11 (you really do)

I feel yeah on Chaos;Head I really wanted to like that VN, I love the ideas that they toss around, however I feel that they tried to do too much and prioritized quantity of quality.

Anyways welcome to the forums, where most of us would like to promise that you will not be mentally molested, but harsh reality has taught us to not make promises we can not keep :(

Welcome to the forums! +Respect for taking your summer time to learn Japanese, I would like to learn it as well, but I'm too busy with stuff and I'm too lazy to learn it even though I have a distinct advantage over you( I'm Chinese and Kanji and Mandarin are pretty similar since one adapted from the other),anyways, enjoy your stay :D