OriginalRen's (Belated) 1 Year Reflection

OriginalRen

http://i.imgur.com/G1PT1GV.jpg

Well, there it is. My very 1st post on Fuwanovel, complete with my original avatar of Emi from Katawa Shoujo and a date and time in the bar at the top. Man, what a trip it was finding that. Did you know that Nosebleed didn't even have 1,500 posts at that time? 1,449 to be exact. Looking back, there are so many things I could bring up, and each of them has a special nostalgic moment in my heart. The day I met Mephisto and we began streaming Cocoro@Function!, the day I asked solidbatman if I could take over the podcast, my very 1st giveaway for a copy of Grisaia no Rakuen, all of it brings back so many memories.

Did you know I originally joined Fuwanovel in Steve's TeamSpeak? It was there that I met Mephisto. I remember talking about the Hoshizora translation with him, and after discussing how to say the words "third eye" in Japanese, some things led to another and we began a live TL stream of the game Cocoro@Function! I still remember that day. Crappy internet, crappy overlay, crappy everything. Take a listen for about 1:40 seconds:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7ivNNDDfsj5aE1OQU8yWWFwdU0/view?usp=sharing

Ah, the memories. We streamed, and it was something that made me realize how awesome being apart of this community was. While our TL wasn't the greatest, I will never forget those moments as I continue moving on in the world. Because of that stream, I met so many awesome people, like The Major, Zakamutt, who I began a stream of Dracu-riot! with. I met zoom909, and live TLs became a new thing for me. I started a YouTube channel, got my original Hitbox channel shutdown for hentai (cheers mate), and had the Pulltop yakuza come after me for a bunch of copyright infringements. Those memories, no, those moments will always be apart of my life and they mean the world to me.

And then came the podcast. Tay wanted to start it, and he did. I remember volunteering for the 2nd episode and meeting a whole new crew of people. After that, I asked solidbatman if he would be interested in letting me take over the cast, and with that, my reputation started kicking off.

My 1st giveaway, my games, my activities, it all went up from there. I started a TeamSpeak and made good friends with members I will remember for the rest of my life. I fell in love with Love Live thanks to Ceris and Nosebleed. I met Down and Rose in real life in Japan. Dare I say that I enjoyed talking about Milky Holmes because it meant being able to hang out with such awesome people? Those moments will never die for me. They say that money doesn't buy happiness, but the way I see it, that statement is false. The gifts I have given, the hearts I have made smile, the friends I have made who aren't ashamed about who I am and what I love, that's what true happiness is. Making those people happy makes me happy, and that's what matters the most in my life.

Thanks Fuwanovel, for a (belated) great year on the site. Thanks for letting me look back and remember such good memories. I'm sorry this post is so late, but it really does mean the world to me that you are such amazing individuals. That being said, there is only 1 song I can think of that makes this moment fleeting:

Thanks again everyone!