I'm bored. I'm hungry. I'm cooking! (Newbie Cooking)

Satsuki

I'm sooo hungry. Ugrrr....

I need to make something to satisfy my stomach...

But...what should I make? I'm too bored with the everyday "throw everything in the fridge into the pan and things will work out somehow".

Hmm...

Right...

How about...

OMURICE!

11018905_397764523682072_326943786911004

11014985_397764620348729_707863118710550

Disclaimed: I just started learning cooking recently, so... it still looks quite messy, haha...

You're seeking job as a maid cafe waitress in future? 

Pretty much.

Kidding, just want to challenge myself for a bit, since I failed badly last time.

That is the first time I've seen omelette and rice . was it good?

Edible  :ph34r:

No, the dish itself is good, but my limited cooking ability might affected it a little.

We should turn this into a newbie cooking thread.  I made my first cake a couple of months ago.  It might have been too delicious.

d8c8ec0efa.jpg

It was a triple layer cake too  :heart:

I figured "I'll let my wife probably end up doing most of the cooking for dinner, I'll be in charge of the confectioneries."

Making pastry is actually harder than making normal food though~~

I tried to make the Stripe Delight before, but failed horribly, the bottom was so hard that I couldn't even cut through, and other layers just mixed up with each other, creating a total mess.

We should turn this into a newbie cooking thread.  I made my first cake a couple of months ago.  It might have been too delicious.

d8c8ec0efa.jpg

It was a triple layer cake too  :heart:

I figured "I'll let my wife probably end up doing most of the cooking for dinner, I'll be in charge of the confectioneries."

Well done! There's a certain beauty to a home-made buttercream-frosted cake, and yours definitely has it.

Making pastry is actually harder than making normal food though~~

I tried to make the Stripe Delight before, but failed horribly, the bottom was so hard that I couldn't even cut through, and other layers just mixed up with each other, creating a total mess.

Baking isn't hard. Main things to watch are:

1) get a good recipe

2j) follow it carefully

3) don't overmix things

4) bake things through, but don't overbake (get wooden toothpicks; use wooden toothpicks to check if it's done)

A little bit of practice goes a long way. Here's a show-offy thing that I like to make (though I usually drop the ganache filling, since the end result of the whole shebang can be a bit too rich):

http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2009/01/car-bomb-cupcakes/

And an easier, very different, but equally tasty recipe:

http://www.thewednesdaychef.com/the_wednesday_chef/2011/08/clementine-bakerys-banana-cake.html

Eat some vege and you won't need to go on diet  <_<

My body physically rejects them.  When I ate veggie casserole to save face a few months ago, the first bite almost made me vomit, with subsequent bites just making my tongue numb.

Also, considering I probably only eat one meal a day in the form of dinner, I'm never going to need a diet :3