Gaming devices you wish you had, but never did

Funyarinpa

Are there any (preferably old) gaming devices (e.g. limited edition consoles, accessories like headsets, retro consoles)

For me, I really want to have this GBA SP NES Edition:

Screen-shot-2011-02-04-at-2.49.01-PM.png

...But only if it was with a flashcart (EZ Flash IV):

ez4-111.jpg

(A flashcart is something in basically you put the game ROM's into a miniSD (yes miniSD for this one) card, which then goes into the cart, so you can download ROM's off the internet and play them on the GBA.)

I want to have a GBA SP NES LE and an EZ Flash IV someday. Someday, I'll have them. I do not know when, but I will.

So, do you have anything like that you wish you had, but don't?

I didn't even know anyone else on these forums knew what a Vectrex was. By any chance do you of Mark from Classic Game Room on YouTube? He's a fairly entertaining video game reviewer (and was the first guy to do internet videos of video games reviews. He originally started in 1999). Anyway he's a huge fan of the Vectrex and will often jokingly bring up the console's name in his videos. 

By the way here is one of his reviews of a Vectrex game if you're curious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEQV-N3PHvM

As for me, I want an Atari 7800. Interestingly, the only time I had a bad experience on Ebay was when I bought one of these. The dude shipped it to the wrong address and refunded me (but I still lost the money from shipping charges). I have an Atari 2600 and the 5200 (and yes, the Atari 5200 is just as bad as people say it is). So I really need the 7800 for my collection. 

Sure, I've seen Classic Game Room several times.  But in the case of Vectrex, I got to play with it in person when someone brought one to the anime convention in Atlanta for a tournament (which I won btw despite having never played on one before)

Personally, I don't think the vectrex games themselves have aged well--I would never bother with an emulator, and many of the games such as the one you pictured are much better on the original arcade version--but the console itself is such a novelty, with the built-in vector monitor which there is nothing like these days, that's the thing that sets it apart.

I have a 2600 too, but I don't play it anymore.  If I was going to collect another Atari system I think an XE would be cool: http://videogamecritic.com/xeinfo.htm  Some of the 800-series games are still fun today, and I have them emulated under MESS...

I remember playing with a 7800 at someone's house...it was okay, but I was SO glad I had asked for a NES instead of a 7800 for my 1st game system...

Maybe we were neighbors.

I definitely liked my Nintendo systems better (I fondly remember the first time I saw Super Mario World playing on our tv on a Christmas morning), but playing Sonic on the neighbors' Sega (or better yet, watching them play Sonic, since I was terrible at it, and most of the joy in Sonic seems to come from knowing the levels well enough to really breeze through them) was pretty cool.

I sometimes wish I'd had a Sega system mostly so I could've played Phantasy Star, at an age when I would've appreciated it (I tried to play one of them emulated years later and couldn't get into it). But I always rationalize to myself that Final Fantasy probably beats the stuffing out of Phantasy Star anyway. Phantasy Star probably didn't even have a chiptune opera.