VN club announcement

Kaguya

Heya, everyone. How are you doing? 

First things first, I'm sorry, but we won't be having a round of the VN reading club this january. I've been traveling around my country and doing all sorts of things (you might have not noted my absence, though. Most of what I do in fuwa is through pms, after all. I wonder if your average member even knows how I'm like. If they don't, that's slightly troublesome. Gogo member interaction!)

It doesn't take much time to pick a VN, but I want to start taking the club to the next level (reading and discussing a VN we pick monthly will still be the main focus of the club, though). If anyone feels like brainstorming ideas about the club with me, just say so. Help is always appreciated. If you're a newbie, maybe I can even change your title or give some other type of reward~

In december, we got about 3 pages of discussion. Consider the title we've picked (Forest is about as weird as it'll get when it comes to tld VNs) and that I didn't participate at all, I'm very proud of everyone! 

I also wanted to explain why I've been gone lately, but I guess I already did that, huh. 

Oh, one more thing, this time we'll pick the VN at the 20 of this month, so if you want to participate in that, say so in this thread. 

You guys should have a giveaway coming soon for a physical copy of 1 of the games you previously read, but Rose hasn't given me the details for who is eligible yet. If this continues going strong with a lot of members, I may be inclined to buy another copy of the VN you read and host more giveaways in the future.

I will do a spotlight of this is you have an official thread for my YouTube channel and keep my eyes open for more news. Best of luck!

Sounds good sign me up for the next one and any to follow.

Do have a few questions I'm going to put towards you;

what are the requirements for the club?

Any specific visual novels or types of visual novels excluded?

Do the visual novels have to be fan translations or can they be licensed titles?

If a game has a fan disc do we include the fan disc in our reading? 

For the potential prize how about a quiz on the visual novel we just read...most questions right wins (or if more than one all the ones with the most questions answered correctly gets a number and then gets it drawn). Only people that participated in the discussion will be sent a pm of the quiz or something to reward people for participating and it can be used as a way to encourage people interested in a prize to re-read the visual novel. 

I have a few ideas if you want any help with brainstorming and the like.

Sounds good sign me up for the next one and any to follow.

Do have a few questions I'm going to put towards you;

1-what are the requirements for the club?

2-Any specific visual novels or types of visual novels excluded?

3-Do the visual novels have to be fan translations or can they be licensed titles?

4-If a game has a fan disc do we include the fan disc in our reading? 

5-For the potential prize how about a quiz on the visual novel we just read...most questions right wins (or if more than one all the ones with the most questions answered correctly gets a number and then gets it drawn). Only people that participated in the discussion will be sent a pm of the quiz or something to reward people for participating and it can be used as a way to encourage people interested in a prize to re-read the visual novel. 

I have a few ideas if you want any help with brainstorming and the like.

1- None. Well, I suppose you need to read the VN during the time period I set to discuss it, but that's about it.

2-No nukiges, I guess. Probably no moeges either, everyone knows how those games work and there's nothing to discuss on them (besides waifu wars)

3- Most will be fan tls because of ideological issues. If a great VN is tld and I feel like it's worth the risk, I'll put it up and arrange a download link for everyone. 

4-If it's a really short VN, maybe. People already have hard time finishing medium/long ones during the time I set, so probably not.

5- I'm not arranging any prize, currently. When there's activity enough, I'll take it into account.

Would it be possible to join during the next vn pick? or is this the only chance to join?

Answer:

It's never too late to join. You can even just pop up in the last day of discussion if you want to.

The whole "post in this thread if you want to participate" is just so they can have a general headcount, but there's no deadline or anything. Join anytime~

Possible february activities are still being worked on.

Would it be possible to join during the next vn pick? or is this the only chance to join?

Just appear whenever you want to. Everyone who says they're interested before the voting happens will have a voice on which VN to play if they want to, for the most part. If you're not interested in voting, there's absolutely no time restraints. You can even pop up in the thread of a previous month if you want to, it's not like the discussions are closed :P