Stray Cat

2 members have voted

1. 1. What anime will we watch?

• Utawarerumono
    • Rage of Bahamut: Genesis
    • Blood Lad
    • Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu

This poll is closed to new votes

So I'm finally back from having no time and I'll sign up for Cycle 9 now.  

If we are doing Studios, I'm suggesting FMP! VanDread from Gonzo.   For Dystopian, does Trigun Heroic Age count?

As a forewarning, if we end up watching Psycho-Pass, I'm abandoning the cycle.  Psycho-Pass was too mainstream and overwatched to be any fun to watch again, I'd rather see something I haven't seen before or something less watched.  It's like how Evangelion was chosen instead of something less known.  

Immediately makes hypocritical statement after choosing two high profile series.  Classy.

I should probably be doing these again.

Captain Tylor Review:

Story: 7/10

Probably the weakest point of this anime for me. I guess it's O.K. since it's a comedy but I always like a little more substantial plot in things so it was a let down for the most part here. It would have been a lot lower if not for the last third of the anime, where stuff finally happened.

Characters: 8/10

Most of them were well written, so no complaints really.  You know, aside from the whole "be irresponsible and don't care and you'll ace life" message/role model.  That's cool.

Soundtrack: 8/10

I WILL BE HOLDING, NEVER LET YOU GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Art: 7/10

It wasn't bad but it wasn't good.  It was a 90s anime so I wasn't expecting much.

Enjoyment: 7/10

Sexual harassment and irresponsibility, no driven plot, and an outdated sense of parody humor. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFIQNlxTD3w

Overall: 8/10

So why did I give this an 8 even though most of my numbers are 7s?   Because it picked up so much after episode 16 that it deserves it. Also the last 2 minutes were some of the best things I've ever seen.  I can only imagine how amazing the show would have been if it was all like that (however no amount of improvement can get me to watch those 10, 1 hour OVA's).  There's nothing special here, but there's nothing terrible either.  Despite it's flaws and age it's a generally good anime and I"m glad I watched it.

I should probably be doing these again.

Captain Tylor Review:

Story: 7/10

Probably the weakest point of this anime for me. I guess it's O.K. since it's a comedy but I always like a little more substantial plot in things so it was a let down for the most part here. It would have been a lot lower if not for the last third of the anime, where stuff finally happened.

Characters: 8/10

Most of them were well written, so no complaints really.  You know, aside from the whole "be irresponsible and don't care and you'll ace life" message/role model.  That's cool.

Soundtrack: 8/10

I WILL BE HOLDING, NEVER LET YOU GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Art: 7/10

It wasn't bad but it wasn't good.  It was a 90s anime so I wasn't expecting much.

Enjoyment: 7/10

Sexual harassment and irresponsibility, no driven plot, and an outdated sense of parody humor. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFIQNlxTD3w

Overall: 8/10

So why did I give this an 8 even though most of my numbers are 7s?   Because it picked up so much after episode 16 that it deserves it. Also the last 2 minutes were some of the best things I've ever seen.  I can only imagine how amazing the show would have been if it was all like that (however no amount of improvement can get me to watch those 10, 1 hour OVA's).  There's nothing special here, but there's nothing terrible either.  Despite it's flaws and age it's a generally good anime and I"m glad I watched it.

Thanks for summing up my thoughts with your review. :holo:

Jeez. Gonzo or Brain Base huh? That's a lot of good series to choose from.

Gonzo: Saki (yes there are two other seasons but neither of them are made by Gonzo so 'the Saki that was made by Gonzo' fits under the 26 ep rule.)

Brain's Base: Kamichu!/Kurenai

Dystopian: Bokurano

Kyrt has kindly agreed to postpone his choice so we are going to have a slight change of course here.

To fit in with Ren's monthly theme and celebrate the glory of music, we will now have a Music Anime Cycle.

Thus, please put forth any anime of the music genre. 

I don't actually have any music anime in my to-watch list aside from Nodame Cantabile so I won't recommend anything to give it more chances of being picked.

Also can we outright ban idol anime? We all know j-pop isn't really music :sachi:

I don't actually have any music anime in my to-watch list aside from Nodame Cantabile so I won't recommend anything to give it more chances of being picked.

Also can we outright ban idol anime? We all know j-pop isn't really music :sachi:

Then what have I been listening to for the last 4 years of my life?

As long as it's music genre and fits the other requirements it's good. 

The new Plastic Memories episode was great again

I really wasn´t expecting that he already confesses his feelings this early. It makes me wonder how it is going to continue and if she will soon give a different response than this time (I loved his face at the end though

:lol:

Your lie in April would be a good one as I know its one not a lot of people watched and it finished a few weeks ago and its really really really good being .07 points shy of a 9.0 on MAL

Yea, I really want to watch that too.   Just saying K-On and Love Live have been in my watch list forever so I'd be good for those too.