Stray Cat

2 members have voted

1. 1. What anime will we watch?

• Utawarerumono
    • Rage of Bahamut: Genesis
    • Blood Lad
    • Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu

This poll is closed to new votes

Do the anime shows have to be completely finished or are we allowed recommend anime that is still being aired ?

Recommendations:

Please teacher.

So like I said there's two parts to the club.  One is watching a show that matches the current theme (romance) and the other is watching a show as it airs.   So for the normal part they have to be completed, for the airing part they're airing this season. 

Not really (though those are my preferred methods).  Everyone's responsible for finding access to it themselves, but let's not make this Downloads/Requests 2.0 please. 

Great then i recommend Ansatsu Kyoshitsu for the winter cycle.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/24833/Ansatsu_Kyoushitsu_(TV)

clearly stated in their my post that they I wish to participate in the Normal Cycle, because god knows, I'm far too busy for two of them.

My recommendation will be Kotoura-san. I have no idea what it's about, but it seems to have the "Romance" tag in it.

As for Durarara!! which everyone seems to be completely disregarding, blast them, here's my... review? It's just a couple of words and meaningless numbers.

• Story

I really enjoyed the story. Slowly (albeit still in a very confusing way) introducing the characters was great. The actual plot turned out to be predictable after a while, though.

Still, I enjoyed it.

7/10

For the Discussion on Durarara I already mentioned quite a few things about it previously but oh well here we go.

Story: I rather enjoyed the story but thought that the actual plot was very predictable...eventually. I also feel as if the anime focused on the wrong characters. The school kids are not exactly the most interesting of the cast and I really wish we could have seen more about just about everyone else. I did love the way the story was done however in which we got to see various points of views throughout the series which really gives the story a more unique feel. I am looking forward to the upcoming season 2 however as I'm a huge fan of Narita Ryogo. I really liked how all the characters and stories felt connected (similar to Baccano!) and feel as if just the existence of the second season increases the first season's value because we know the story doesn't end on the rather lackluster note that it originally did. 

7/10

Characters: The characters in durarara were varied and interesting and the personal struggles and tales the various characters had to share were quite interesting. I think there are characters for people to enjoy regardless of their interests but I do feel as if we could have learned a bit more about most of them. The series focuses primarily on the high school kids and while their stories were definitely interesting and quite important I feel as if they were some of the least interesting characters. The lack of proper character development for the majority of the shows large cast definitely did not help it's case. We got only a brief look at some of the characters and still question the motivations for others including some of the heroes and villains. I really like how all the characters though are just a little nutters...and the cameo of Issac and Miria was wonderful (as a Baccano! fan). 

7/10

Music/Soundtrack: Loved this soundtrack and thought it very fitting for the setting and characters. I also rather enjoyed the OP but it wasn't the best.

8/10

Art-Style: Had it's moments both on the positive and negative spectrum. No real complaints.

7/10

Enjoyment: I rather enjoyed the anime. It had it's slow beginning and had some events that were not overly interesting at times and focused often on the wrong characters but I surprisingly really enjoyed it. Coming from Baccano! it reminded me of Baccano! quite a bit with the overall feel and way the show was organized. I rather enjoyed the nearly all the characters and the overall plot while a tad anti-climatic or predictable wasn't bad. Hell I'm looking forward to the second + seasons so I definitely enjoyed it. It's not the best but damn if it isn't fun. 

8/10

Rather enjoyed it flaws and all,

Overall Score: 7(-ish) out of 10

Everything should be updated so far.  If I'm missing something tell me. 

Kotoura-san, the one romantic comedy with the most depressing first 10 minutes ever you'll start questioning if you're watching the right show.

Sounds good to me.

I would like to participate in the normal cycle.

If it's possible, I'd like to abstain from making a recommendation. I really haven't seen that many anime - at least compared to most of the people on Fuwanovel. I don't know if I can come up with anything substantial. Maybe My Little Monster?

Perfectly fine to not recommend.  Do you want me to add that or not?

Everything should be updated so far.  If I'm missing something tell me. 

Sounds good to me.

Perfectly fine to not recommend.  Do you want me to add that or not?

I did end up throwing it out there, so I suppose it can't hurt.

Here's my review: 

Story: 7/10

Overall, I found the story to be quite enjoyable. Some parts were predictable, such as Anri being the slasher but some parts were less so. Seeing different viewpoints was both confusing and interesting. I did like seeing the same thing unfold from many different viewpoints, it allowed for greater attention and emphasized how all things are interconnected.

Characters: 9/10
To me, this is where the story really shines. Seeing the world through each individual viewpoints and going really allows the viewer to get to understand the characters thoughts, views, and actions. Having different people narrate was also quite enjoyable. Some character got more view-time than others and I was fine with that (and knowing what I know now after reading spoilers from the LN, I know it all evens out in the end). Personally, I enjoyed the gang wars that occurred and found it more interesting than some of the fan-favorites that got ignored such as Celty and Shinra. My personal favorite, was Izaya and unlike many I do not view him in a negative light. I see him as someone who uses the blunt nature of the truth as a means to teach people lessons they could not learn otherwise.

Music/Soundtrack: 9/10
While not as fond of the opening and endings (especially the second ones), I found a lot of the tracks well done and extremely fitting for the show. “Psychedelic Parade” and “Their Aspirations” are some of my favorites.

Art-Style: 8/10
I enjoyed the style, but kind of lamented that people didn’t have noses.

Enjoyment: 9/10
I enjoyed the pacing and of the anime. Aside from the slasher arc, I never found myself bored with the story and continual twists and new information kept my attention. While the plot was kind of ignored, the unique storytelling and characters were more than enough to keep me entertained.

Overall, a very good anime: 9/10

Here's my review of Durarara.

Story 5/10 - Such a slow paced start of this anime. I would've dropped this anime long ago if it wasn't for the Anime Club. 12 episodes of different narrators and it doesn't make sense either. However It makes sense after the whole season but an anime should have some appeal and attractivness. I did enjoy it but I never had that "Just one more episode" feeling. Very predictable too. Nothing was unexpected sadly. I seriously saw the connection between the three of them pretty quickly.

Characters 9/10 - We got two sides of a coin here. The awfully boring MC with companions (Mikado, Kida, Anri) but on the other side we got Shizou, Shinra, Izaya, Celty and Kyouhei. They made the anime really interesting. An anime with a lot of intrigues and puzzles even though a lot of them are easy. Let's all grab some "Russia Sushi".

Soundtrack 6/10 - The first opening was good. Overall I didn't really notice something special about the soundtrack. Good music is something I prefer. I can only recall a horse echoing in my mind.

Art style 8/10 - I felt the art was good overall. I didn't like the crowd being faceless. But apart from that I think it was well made and nice. Even though they stretch the art a bit sometimes if you know what I mean. 

Enjoyment 7/10 - I did enjoy the anime's other half. The first half was boring. You are not supposed to make the viewers die of boredom or drop the series before it gets good. The other half was really good. But because a lot of things were predictable I can't give it more than a 7. I wished the anime would've blow my mind with plot twist or something. But that was what I expected of this show with no expectations 

Overall 7/10 - It is a well made anime. But they could've made it more appealing and interesting. I suspect a lot of peoples dropped it before it got interesting. I would at least and I am watching a lot of animes with over 100 episodes. The character was the best part of the anime.They were interesting and unique in their own way. 

Quick question for the upcoming cycle but is it required to right a review? I'm not so good at being analytically as I watch anime because I enjoy them. I pretty much base an anime's rating solely off the vibes it gave and my mood. At a certain time it can be a 9/10 and others it can be a 7/10 guess I'm pretty moody  :nervous:

Quick question for the upcoming cycle but is it required to right a review? I'm not so good at being analytically as I watch anime because I enjoy them. I pretty much base an anime's rating solely off the vibes it gave and my mood. At a certain time it can be a 9/10 and others it can be a 7/10 guess I'm pretty moody  :nervous:

Write what you feel. It is your opinion and yours only. If you think it is a 10/10 when other rate it 1/10 it is your opinion. You don't have to be that serious either. Just a short review with your thoughts. Write 2 sentences or something on every part we are reviewing. I think you can do that.

Here's my review of Durarara!!

• Story

I only enjoyed the 1st arc, since I was interested in learning more about Celty, what happened to her head, and her mysterious background. The obsessive romances going on were also somewhat interesting.  Some episodes felt pointless.. but I guess it had the purpose of introducing the characters, and revealed some interesting lessons.  I had no interest in the 2nd arc at all... It seemed very predictable to me, and I was just mind-numbingly trying to finish it.  I didn't feel that my curiosity piqued, and there was no suspense or climax to me.  I think I just was not interested in the 'gangs' and I already knew how everything was going to end up before it happened.  I almost feel like there's no singular story, it's just about everything that's happening in the town and how it affects each character differently, yet all tie in together somehow.

6/10

• Characters

Character development was good, especially since they pretty much dedicated episodes solely to flesh the important ones out.  I also liked the narrations from different character perspectives, so you get an inside look of what they're actually thinking of everything that's happening and lessons they've learned.  My favorite ones were Celty, Shinra, and Shizuo.  I disliked Izaya, Anri, and Kida.  I felt ambivalent to the main character, Mikado.

8/10

• Soundtrack

Umm, I didn't really pay attention so I won't put a score for this xD.. let's just say the music wasn't noticeably bad or annoying.. nor did anything stand out to me either.

-/10

• Art-style

I think it looks nice.  If I was bored during some episodes, at least I could enjoy the artwork.

8/10

• Enjoyment

Decent 1st arc.. bad 2nd arc.

5/10

• Overall

I'd give it a 6/10.  Though there were some good parts, I did not enjoy it overall.  That probably means I won't be watching any new seasons coming out for it xD.  I know it's a popular show, and I may be harsh... but just didn't click for me personally.