2 members have voted

1. 1. What anime will we watch?

• Utawarerumono
    • Rage of Bahamut: Genesis
    • Blood Lad
    • Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu

This poll is closed to new votes

Have watched till episode 8.

My enjoyment of the show would have been surprising if I hadn't seen so many people over here praise it already.

The music is good and as others have said it's not just a background thing. 

I am interested in seeing if it can go from good to great for me in the next 10 episodes.

The only piece of music I'll complain about in this entire show is Caprice Nº 24 that Chiaki played back in season 1.

It's my absolute favorite violin piece and it was so horribly played lol.

I'm sure the rest of the music wasn't brilliantly composed, but that one just popped out for me.

Still, despite the music not being groundbreaking, the way the anime executes it lets you be much more immersed in it.

Till now the piece which was the most impactful for me was Rachmaninoff No. 2

Well I don't really hear classical so I don't know how the anime's music compares with the original but the music is pleasing to hear so alls well.

Reached till ep 11

I bet I'll be watching the next seasons too, but I doubt I'll be able to before the end of this month.

This shitty internet doesn't shit at itself, you know.

Anyway, just finished Episode 17.

I like where this is going.

The biggest surprise for me at this moment is that Mine got laid. H-Holy shit.

All the characters being featured so far are interesting, to be honest. As Nosebleed said, it's nice that they're not sticking to a certain cast of characters for all eternity. Though I do miss Mine having more screentime. I'm liking how Chiaki's dream is slowly being reached though. As he said, one must act to get what he wants. It's great.

I also like the OP and EDs very much. It hits my nostalgia chords smoothly. Makes me feel all good inside.

Also, caught up with Plastic Memories.

Yeah. I expected this to be Isla's Soap Opera. It's nice. I miss all the retrieval operations though. It's inevitable that the show would focus on its characters' experiences, so I expected the retrieval operations to gain less spotlight as the show went on. Nonetheless, the show still focuses on the importance of memories, which is great. I have no qualms with whatever's happening. Just don't give me a sudden Deus Ex Machina, please. I swear, if Isla somehow survives with her memories intact after nine months, they better have a good explanation for it. Though I think I'd fall for the 'power of love' reasoning anyway. Whatever's in store for me, I'm enjoying it, and I think it's a great show. Isla's great.

Finished it.

It was definitely great. Well I had thought that I would slowly watch Nodame 3 episodes a day or something and expected it to be a slow dull ride but I was glad for what I got. Between all the anime that this club has got me to see Nodame is second only to Shin Sekai Yori.

I'm confused if I should give it a 8 or a 9 ......... well I should be able to decide in a while.

I'll get to the Paris Arc in a day or two.

i guess i'll participate in the next cycle.  It'll get me out of my comfort zone in all likelihood and you'll get to see how much of a cynical downer i am.

Fun for everyone.

They somehow bear with me and I've been in from almost the beginning. I think they're used to it now.

Oh yeah. Finished Nodame Cantabile the other day.

...That was great. I'm glad that their relationship progressed along with the plot. That last segment that focused on Nodame was great. It hits pretty deep. I like how the characters slowly developed. The only weird thing in the show was that hypnosis worked on Chiaki when Nodame did it. Though I'm pretty sure it's more than just because Nodame did it. I'm glad it all worked out in the end. I'm excited to see more of the characters in the next seasons, but I doubt they'll focus on those characters only. Excited to see more characters in the future. After all, stories move forward as characters meet new people.

Onward, Chiaki.

I finished the Paris Arc yesterday and it was good but personally I liked the first season much more. Maybe the shift to more romance oriented didn't sit well with me. Nonetheless it was a great watch.

I will get around to Finale after a while. 

Alright folks times up. 

Continuing where we left off, kyrt is in charge and he has decided to do something a little unique.  :sachi:

For this cycle, we shall watch any anime that fits the other rules from Studio Gonzo.  

Also a note, this is the last time that genre (or studio?  I don't know) selection will be done this way so the winner of this cycle will not be choosing the next one.  I just wanted to give kyrt his dues before we change things.

Also, since Spring is almost done, it's time to start putting forth selections for the Summer anime cycle as well. 

Since summer equates horror for me, I'll be putting forth Gakkou Gurashi! (waits for inevitable Everyday Life with Monster Girls recommendation).

Well then, let's begin. 

EDIT:  Legit polling is up. 

Who's up for some good ol' fashioned masochism followed with a sense of disgust and contempt?

My recommendation is Rosario + Vampire.
Rejoice Nosebleed, if i'm picked, you'll get one of your shitty anime recommendations sooner than you thought.

EDIT:Oh wait, i forgot i was going to recommend it but you've already seen it so i didn't include it.  Anyways, you'll get to watch it again.  Rejoice
:scottsune:  :scottsune:  :scottsune:  :scottsune:

Gakkou Gurashi is pretty good.

Most of the series is slice of life comedy oriented though so I wouldn't expect too much of a serious horror if I were you (although once in a while it does get a bit dark) but it is a fun series overall and I enjoy reading the manga a lot.

Just pray that Nitroplus manages to turn it into a fun anime because lately they haven't done anything remarkable.

I wouldn't recommend any of you put up Everyday Monster Girls because the anime will likely be censored to death and they'll probably tone it down as opposed to the manga. I'm staying very cautious with it because the staff aren't really known names or anything.

@joehawks

I actually liked Rosario + Vampire

Fuck me right?

I'm reading the manga right now and it's far superior to the anime anyway.

I won't be participating this round because I have to catch up on Aikatsu and whatnot. Maybe next time.

I agree in terms of adaptation it's definitely weaker, but then again so are most adaptations lol.

But at the time I watched it i wasn't appalled by it, it's pretty generic as a whole but it's watchable at the very least.

Then again I was like 16 when I watched it so bias because of boobs might have been a factor.

Also Mizore is 10/10 waifu material, she made the show for me.

The only way a manga is superior to an anime IMO is if they cut enough content in the adaptation to make the story not make sense.  Otherwise, anime is just a far superior medium (to me at least) than reading.

Action anime especially, good luck trying to get any enjoyment out of that.  It's so much cooler to just watch.

For me it's all about the level of detail.

A lot of action anime are generally poorly choreographed and manga leaves a lot of it to your imagination and focuses on the highlights so you get only the cool shots whereas anime sometimes needlessly drags things out.

I love reading manga much more than i like watching anime, it's just such a more rich medium versus the over saturated anime market.

Of course anime has its own merits, but generally speaking I rarely capture the same feelings from an anime as i do from the manga counterpart, just because the latter allows me to leave a lot of things up to imagination whereas anime is the way it is and I either end up liking how they did it or I don't, there's no room for me to picture something else, it's all on screen, all the voices and all the movement.

But everything can be exciting in both mediums if you know how to execute it.