Stray Cat

2 members have voted

1. 1. What anime will we watch?

• Utawarerumono
    • Rage of Bahamut: Genesis
    • Blood Lad
    • Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu

This poll is closed to new votes

If the studio is meant to be Gonzo, can we please watch the show VanDread, I want to be forced to laugh at how silly it is again.  I'm fairly certain this is the show that screamed something along the lines of "The shield cant withstand the pressure! Its at 1.89 million hexapascals!"

Nosebleed pretty much mimics my stance on anime vs manga, which can be pretty much summed up as "Anime shows, manga tells." and therefore manga is far better at expressing the thoughts of characters in general than anime which is better at showcasing how the character acts.  If you want to feel and relate to a series, manga is by far the superior choice, where if you want to see how they act and their emotions (assuming you have a good studio on this one) anime is the superior format.  Manga is really just a midpoint between books and animation in terms of details and thoughts, and actions, respectively.

I completely disagree.  I find myself not caring how characters in manga act at all.  For instance, I both read and watched Nodame and I can say the anime experience is 100x better.  It's quite simple, anime uses more senses.  Hearing is a large factor, and having a voice actor with great expression say the line "I love you"  resonates with you much more than simply reading the words.  Sure if it's not done well that can ruin it but if it's done well enough or wonderfully it enhances the experience so much more.

I honestly couldn't think of a duller way to spend an afternoon than sitting around reading manga/comic books. 

I can not count the nights I was engrossed in reading manga until 7 or 8 AM because I just had to know what happened next.

It seems to me that you're just not much of a reader because most people who read books will pretty much say the same thing I just said, it's easy to engross yourself im reading manga if you just take the time to appreciate the detail that went into it and let your imagination do the rest of the work. It's a wonderful feeling.

If you just want something that doesn't require as much of your attention then anime is an easier medium to get into though. Sound, movement and voices can enhance an experience just as much as it can downgrade it.

I can not count the nights I was engrossed in reading manga until 7 or 8 AM because I just had to know what happened next.

It seems to me that you're just not much of a reader because most people who read books will pretty much say the same thing I just said, it's easy to engross yourself im reading manga if you just take the time to appreciate the detail that went into it and let your imagination do the rest of the work. It's a wonderful feeling.

If you just want something that doesn't require as much of your attention then anime is an easier medium to get into though. Sound, movement and voices can enhance an experience just as much as it can downgrade it.

*khm*

/put anime vs manga fight on pause

Okay, I wanna join this cycle too ^_^ , and I suggest for Gonzo part Welcome ot NHK.

And for summer part I suggest Working!!!

Thanks ^^

/unpause anime vs manga fight

In my opinion in most cases manga is superior to anime, there are very few exceptions (a couple I can remember straight away is baka to test and k-on adaptations was better than manga, mstly due to amazing seiyuu work). But in wast majority imo manga is better...for example Akame Ga Kill, Shounen jump's trio, Ao no exorcist and etc... I gues it depends on what you find first, like the never ending "book is better than movie" holy wars.

I'll sign up for everything as always. 

I actually have no real suggestions for either of the cycles. I'm not familiar with any of the Gonzo anime, and none them seems like something I must watch.

And for summer anime, I have no clue what to expect from any of them. There's nothing that looks really interesting, and stuff I'm curious about are manga adaptations. I want Monster Musume and Prison School to be good, but I'm not very optimistic.

So I'll just go with flow and see what the others want.

Gonzo made a lot of classics of the 2000 so I guess I should be okay with anything that gets chosen.

I'll recommend Gankutsuou.

Also the manga vs anime debate makes no sense, seriously. Why would a media be intrinsically superior to another. They're different way of experiencing things and you can't simply equate them or rank them.

I'll join both again.

I have no recommendations for the Gonzo cycle. I'm not familiar with them.

As for the seasonal cycle, I don't even know man. I'm not interested in any of them----GOD EATER!

I want to see how they'll handle the show.

I'll be okay with any of the 4-koma adaptations though.

*khm*

/put anime vs manga fight on pause

Okay, I wanna join this cycle too ^_^ , and I suggest for Gonzo part Welcome ot NHK.

And for summer part I suggest Working!!!

Thanks ^^

/unpause anime vs manga fight

In my opinion in most cases manga is superior to anime, there are very few exceptions (a couple I can remember straight away is baka to test and k-on adaptations was better than manga, mstly due to amazing seiyuu work). But in wast majority imo manga is better...for example Akame Ga Kill, Shounen jump's trio, Ao no exorcist and etc... I gues it depends on what you find first, like the never ending "book is better than movie" holy wars.

For the Gonzo anime my recommendation (not already mentioned) is Tower of Druaga

For the spring anime my recommendation is Shimonetato lu Gainen ga sonzai shinai taikutsuna sekai  (I guess)

Also Mizore is 10/10 waifu material, she made the show for me.

^ this

I will be participating in both sessions...I ended up falling behind in the last one simply because it was the end of the school year and I had to make sure my classroom was picked up and that the students didn't fail. I'm free though now.

I'll be there for both cycles.

I wanted to recommend 'Welcome to NHK' too but I guess I was a bit late, and sooooooo I will go with Desert Punk.

I shall recommend Rokka no Yuusha for the seasonal cycle.

For anime vs manga thing I definitely won't say that anime is 'better', but in essence I do agree with Stray Cat that the level on engrossment and attachment I feel through anime is much higher than that through manga. Though interestingly enough I get the same level of engrossment while reading vns, and thus I ended up watching anime and reading vns, while being fairly detached to manga and LNs.