Winter 2015 Anime Discussion

Down

Okay no, seriously.

You're telling me Inaho, with his tiny little eyeball magic managed to see a robot that was down on earth from outter space and make perfect calculations on how to defeat it?

Let me go all scientific here

Assuming they were aboard the ducalion in outter space (which it looked like they were), they would, at the very least be about 300 Kilometers off the ground, and that's already pushing it, but  let's give them a huge benefit of the doubt.

Just to take a crystal clear picture of that tiny area on earth from that distance, you need absurd focal length.

I actually did the math for you.

Assuming a 300,000 meter distance (earth to wherever Inaho is in space) and a 20 meter tall object (the Kataphrak) you would need a focal length of 337120.7 milimeters.

This means that you need a camera that's  ~340 meters in length to get that picture right.

And even if you want to push the boundaries of absurdity and say all of it was digital zoom, there is still no way a tiny little eyeball sized computer can process video on such a huge scale with such clarity and accuracy.

I'm sorry, but Inaho's eyeball is just a ridiculous plot device at this point, and it's making me kind of sick.

Every episode of Aldnoah now goes:

> Martians attack

> Everyone can't do jack shit

> Inaho appears out of nowhere

> Inaho saves the day because he is so much more capable 

*rinse and repeat*

And because of this (and i'm sure many more things to come), fuck you Aldnoah.Zero 2.

Unlimited fafnir is really pretty lame. I didnt enjoy it but you can watch absolute duo. It`s pretty awesome and i really like it. Moreover, many animes are having their sequels getting released. Right now, i am watching fairytail, Absolute duo and kamisama hajimemashita. Waiting for the new season of Highschool DxD!!!

Maria the Virgin Witch and Death Parade is probably the great ones. Idolmaster Cinderella Girls for moe and the rest are season 2s and second half of Fall anime.

Ah thanks i'll check them out,i think i read maria's manga before was quite interesting.

Okay no, seriously.

You're telling me Inaho, with his tiny little eyeball magic managed to see a robot that was down on earth from outter space and make perfect calculations on how to defeat it?

Let me go all scientific here

Assuming they were aboard the ducalion in outter space (which it looked like they were), they would, at the very least be about 300 Kilometers off the ground, and that's already pushing it, but  let's give them a huge benefit of the doubt.

Just to take a crystal clear picture of that tiny area on earth from that distance, you need absurd focal length.

I actually did the math for you.

Assuming a 300,000 meter distance (earth to wherever Inaho is in space) and a 20 meter tall object (the Kataphrak) you would need a focal length of 337120.7 milimeters.

This means that you need a camera that's  ~340 meters in length to get that picture right.

And even if you want to push the boundaries of absurdity and say all of it was digital zoom, there is still no way a tiny little eyeball sized computer can process video on such a huge scale with such clarity and accuracy.

I'm sorry, but Inaho's eyeball is just a ridiculous plot device at this point, and it's making me kind of sick.

Every episode of Aldnoah now goes:

> Martians attack

> Everyone can't do jack shit

> Inaho appears out of nowhere

> Inaho saves the day because he is so much more capable 

*rinse and repeat*

And because of this (and i'm sure many more things to come), fuck you Aldnoah.Zero 2.

The simple fact they actually let him risk his life with the activation factor is weird as hell to me, though I guess he is the only person that can do anything in that army, so they don't have a choice.

Looking forward to Aldnoah.Stay Night  :makina:

Death parade is pretty cool. I'm enjoying it so far. 

It's just ridiculous, I'm tired of seeing Aldnoah give Inaho more and more abilities and show us how cool he is while at the same time show how useless everyone else is. The anime can not do anything without Inaho.

The show might as well be called Inaho vs Slaine at this point since nothing else seems to be remotely relevant.

Shinmai Maou really got fast paced in this episode, pretty much skipping over entire chapters of explanations.

Well, at least I won't have to wait for the next manga chapter to know what happens.

But at the same time so many scenes were altered and left out. It's kind of a shame, but I expected it anyway.

Next comes a big fight, can't wait.

KanColle deliver what I expect. It is enjoyable without being extraordinary. Akatsuki no Yona are a new favorite. It was a while ago I felt a new anime to be this good. It is not flawless or the best anime ever. It exceeded my expectations and is really enjoyable. They mix humor and serious stuff well.

maria the animation episode 5 felt a bit like a little side story.

Still a pleasant feel but, i don't know can't put my finger on it.

And not enough maria seriously last ep did not have enough maria in it.

P.S. for pete's sake you two just do it already, Maria you know you want his sausage.

Anyone else keeping up with Saekano?

In the last Episode, Utaha senpai's work alluded to a past relationship she had with Aki-kun. Did a similar situation cause Aki to reject Utaha in the past to chase his eroge making? I'm making that guess based on the fact that Artists like to switch gender roles in their work. 

Also, I seriously wish I could read the LN for this. 

Utaha! Utaha!

I'm falling for Saekano hard. It's becoming a harem dedicated for those guys who continuously get snubbed in the end because they don't fall for the most popular girl / main heroine types.. 

I remember reading something akin to this being the original intention of the writer last year when the anime adaptation was announced (I believe it was an ANN article, not sure though). That was actually one of the reasons why I started watching it. I haven't been keeping up with it due to exams but I'm glad the series is living up to their original material in that respect. I'll be sure to pick it back up now that my earlier hopes have been confirmed.

Saekano is great so far- I thought it would be average at best, but it's one that I actively look forward to watching every week.

On the other hand, I think I'm going to drop KanColle. I feel like I would love the show if I knew more about the game and backstory, as the genre/character designs are right up my alley. But without the necessary context, it's really hard to keep all of the shipgirls straight, which makes trying to sympathize with them kind of exhausting. 

That's why I'm seeing it marketed as, "Not another harem anime." I'm also getting information about the writer, hearing he was also the writer for white album 2. Now I really want to play that.

I'm up to date now. I love the humour and the presentation of the show and the story has enough substance to not leave me hanging (I'm looking at you, generic harem anime n. 15256!) BUT why do they have to establish a main heroine from the getgo in a harem show, c'mon now. This is like Clannad all over again  <_<

So this has probably been the best Aldnoah.Zero episode this season.  We're finally seeing battles that require team tactics instead of it being "Inaho wins because supereye."  He was still part of the plan, but his involvement could have been replaced by anyone with the appropriate equipment. 

Also, Asseylum is going to be super pissed if she ever wakes up and find that she's been married and made into the figurehead for a new conquering nation.

Eh i still think they followed the same old formula and used Inaho to win after showing them pretty much getting wrecked without him.

But i'm at least looking forward to seeing the princess' reaction.

I kind of disagree with this 

Inaho didn't do anything particularly special in that fight.  He fulfilled a pretty standard

role for an artillery strike, and nothing more.  I'm not even sure that he had anything to do with the plan itself, since this was a much more military solution than what he usually comes up with.