Winter 2015 Anime Discussion

Down

Yep, it's that time of the year again.

First, this thread is for discussing anime that currently airing. If you wish to discuss what you will/won't watch this season you should go there.

With that said, the first episode of the best anime this year aired already. WELCOME THE SAVIOR OF ANIMATION, FUWANOVEL.

QtZqtmJ.jpg

That episode wasn't at the level of fun the first two seasons had (read: the Milky Holmes are actually doing detective stuff and are not completely useless pieces of shit so it's less good) but it still had lots of cartoony faces, lots of references, lots of Kokoro-chan and lots of retarded things, so I guess it passes. Will watch anyway.

1UD2WOV.jpg

xWz8bHh.jpg

Tsukimonogatari also qualifies as a winter season anime, but I'd suggest using the dedicated monogatari series thread for that instead.

Can you do a summary of the first Absolute Duo episode for me? 

Still thinking wether or not to start it.

That's difficult, cuz I watched the raw release, and I don't realy know japanese haha But basically...

> Boy transfers to a certain school

> There happens a kind of battle royale where students fight each other with some weapons that they summon to decide if they'll enter the school

> Matsuoka Yoshitsugu wins, as always, but this time with a shield, not dual blade hahaha

> Misterious loli without personality appears

> Stalking and staring at Matsuoka baddass main character that everyone will love

> She is obsessed with him

> They live together

> Harem will start soon

Hur dur, sorry, I just hate a lot... it's better for you to watch haha

Absolute Duo 01: Just another chuuni "high-schoolers with super powers" and a kinda battle royale setting anime. MC is voice by Kirito's VA which is somewhat irritating, and the chara-designs is generic as hell.

I actually only downloaded it just to watch the OP because it's been entirely directed, storyboarded and animated by one guy, Ryouma Ebata, and it looks really really great. And it might not even be finished are there's some recycled cuts at the end.

After that I saw what it was about then just skipped around to see the fight scenes, which alas are not nearly as good as the OP. Won't watch.

You don't need translation to watch it if you already watched other harem fantasy anime based on LNs hahah

Btw, I tried to watch the pre-air of Junketsu no Maria in raw too.

I understood >>>>nothing<<<<, but the characters seems good, and the plot too.

Waiting next week for some subs :P

Yuri Kuma Arashi 01: woah.

Let's get the obvious out of the way: the directing is extremely Ikuhara-like, with all the sexual symbolism (and the sexual scenes period in this one >_>), all those typical shots, spiral staircases, transformations, etc. I really like having that again.

Chieko Nakamura's art directing is pretty glorious too.

For the rest... I still find it pretty hard to believe what I just watched. Like, what the hell Ikuhara. I found the second half of the episode pretty exhilarating but I have no idea what to think about this now.

...I probably need to watch it again >_>

Penguindrum 2, let us go to the overrated train yet again õ/

>> Yuri fanservice with lolis by a famous director.

>> Genius!!! Plot full of symbolism!! Intelligent fanservice.

>> AOTY.

Well... don't really have words to describe this. Just me hating again.

But may I post one last image, even if it's not by this studio...

ApGFIRk.jpg

You better not be dissing the lesbears. Ikuhara may never make a show as great as Utena ever again but Penguindrum was good and I'll watch anything he does.

Although yeah, it's profoundly stupid.

edit: Seriously, if you thought the first episode of Penguindrum was incomprehensible, you're going to have a real good time trying to make heads and tails out of Yuri Kuma Arashi.