What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

3 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

Oh right that blonde chick existed, I really only cared for Iori, but she got shafted. I think the show's premise was interesting, albeit fairly unexplored. The only thing I didn't quite like was the resolution honestly, and not because I dislike Inaba, mind you, but because it felt cheap as heck.

However, nothing compares to the salt I felt when watching True Tears, where best girl is winning and then gets NTR'd by worst girl. I guess the tears were a euphemism for the salty tears I shed. Do not watch this show.

Clearly the truest of tears is the tears of salt, they were just proving their point. :sachi: 

Started AssClass, great as of 8 episodes in

It definitely helped my appreciation of Kokoro Connect that I was a huge Inaba fan from the moment her personality became apparent.

Incidentally, its English dub is probably the best I've ever heard. Luci Christian kills as Inaba, especially, but all of the main five do fantastic work. David Matranga's delivery of Mr. Go feels a little off, all the time, though... But Britney Karbowski makes an excellent little sister to balance that out. So basically, if you've ever thought "maybe I should give dubs a chance", this is the one to go for.

Man, I wish they'd bring over the light novels (yes, I know there's a fan translation out there - I want a real one).

I'm now currently watching Gakkou Gurashi! ...

Never have I been conflicted in switching emotional feeling of 'd'aww that's cute' to 'wow. that's pretty fucked up'.

It took me a few episodes until I got into it, I currently only have the final two to watch, and I'm quite excited to finish it. It's actually a pretty interesting watch, with some deep psychological themes masked behind cuteness. I'm enjoying it. ^_^

12 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

It definitely helped my appreciation of Kokoro Connect that I was a huge Inaba fan from the moment her personality became apparent.

Incidentally, its English dub is probably the best I've ever heard. Luci Christian kills as Inaba, especially, but all of the main five do fantastic work. David Matranga's delivery of Mr. Go feels a little off, all the time, though... But Britney Karbowski makes an excellent little sister to balance that out. So basically, if you've ever thought "maybe I should give dubs a chance", this is the one to go for.

Man, I wish they'd bring over the light novels (yes, I know there's a fan translation out there - I want a real one).

I'm also like as well Inaba very much so simply for the fact that her character's personality alone somehow oddly resembles or is strikingly similar to a certain girl that I had a crush on or loved back in middle school. Being smart and clever, likes to draw stuffs on her notebook just like in the anime, a bit manipulative from time to time, although a bit of a tsundere for my own good:yumiko:

Kokoro Connect is one of few anime that really made me heart moved and also reignite my nostalgia of past memories through middle school and high school... Whoa this anime is really something I should say...:rimu:

Perhaps one of my bitter regrets in my lifetime was not being truthful and brave enough to actually tell her what I felt about back, how I how admire her so much and all that crappy love confession silly stuff?! If I've done it, we might become a actual couple and live a happy ever after life or so I wished for (snicker) :wahaha:

GODDAMN IT ALL!!!:saber:

These are all horrible and dreadful memories to consider remembering that I hid once from the very dark corners of my soul. Oh how I really wish to join the French Foreign Legion right NOW! And start my life all over again from scratch and live the life of a honorable soldier! Everyone should have a second chance in their lives if they want to began their lives anew due to a awful and troubled past XD

So after spending the past month on the games SAO: Hollow Fragment & Lost Song, it's time to watch SAO II

It'll be weird, cuz of the lack of game-only heroines Strea/Philia/Rain along with having to meet Sinon and Yuuki for the first time now (they've been introduced since Aincrad in the game's storyline)

On 4/21/2016 at 4:53 PM, Forgetful Frank said:

I'm now currently watching Gakkou Gurashi! ...

Never have I been conflicted in switching emotional feeling of 'd'aww that's cute' to 'wow. that's pretty fucked up'.

It took me a few episodes until I got into it, I currently only have the final two to watch, and I'm quite excited to finish it. It's actually a pretty interesting watch, with some deep psychological themes masked behind cuteness. I'm enjoying it. ^_^

Recently finished the final two episodes, and it made me cry. :komari:

1 minute ago, Forgetful Frank said:

Recently finished the final two episodes, and it made me cry. :komari:

And the worst part is, it only gets worse (source: I've been painfully following the manga).

The Gakkou Gurashi anime adaptation was pretty good, but it left out quite a lot of information, which leads me to believe they didn't plan for it to continue.

A lot of people say it's very average because the shtick gets worn out quickly but I believe watching the characters' psychological problems develop is honestly the greatest part about Gakkou Gurashi, you never know what they might do and it's pretty eerie what can happen from time to time.

The anime deserves a sequel, especially because the next arc is where shit goes down for real, but it's probably not going to happen in the coming years.

1 hour ago, Nosebleed said:

And the worst part is, it only gets worse (source: I've been painfully following the manga).

The Gakkou Gurashi anime adaptation was pretty good, but it left out quite a lot of information, which leads me to believe they didn't plan for it to continue.

A lot of people say it's very average because the shtick gets worn out quickly but I believe watching the characters' psychological problems develop is honestly the greatest part about Gakkou Gurashi, you never know what they might do and it's pretty eerie what can happen from time to time.

The anime deserves a sequel, especially because the next arc is where shit goes down for real, but it's probably not going to happen in the coming years.

Good to hear a reader of the manga support the anime. I don't read manga in general, but the anime to Gakkou Gurashi was just fantastic (those last 3 episodes :komari: ) I'd so much love for there to be a second season, but I've heard so much that it didn't follow the manga, so I guess it couldn't happen. 

1 hour ago, Nosebleed said:

Man, I've been thinking about starting the manga so I can continue with the story, but I don't know if my heart can take it.

Spoiler

The scene with Taroumaru looking like he's going to recover, and then when the screen returns back to him and he's now lifeless. That is what broke my heart.

And you're telling me it gets worse?

I think I will start reading the manga, because the story is really interesting, and like you said, it doesn't look like there will be another season any time soon if ever. The question is however, will my heart be able to take it? Probably not, but I'm sure the story and emotional journey will probably be worth it.

10 hours ago, Forgetful Frank said:

Man, I've been thinking about starting the manga so I can continue with the story, but I don't know if my heart can take it.

Reveal hidden contents

The scene with Taroumaru looking like he's going to recover, and then when the screen returns back to him and he's now lifeless. That is what broke my heart.

And you're telling me it gets worse?

I think I will start reading the manga, because the story is really interesting, and like you said, it doesn't look like there will be another season any time soon if ever. The question is however, will my heart be able to take it? Probably not, but I'm sure the story and emotional journey will probably be worth it.

It gets much worse. Things start getting complicated after certain characters are introduced and some of the main characters are in risk of dying right now, it's really uncertain what's about to happen.

One thing the anime left out though was this scene in the school where people from the outside actually pass by. I'm not sure why they didn't put it in, but it was quite important to the grand scheme of things and it's also the reason why the school burned down, The anime had a somewhat original ending in that regard.

Several scenes were changed as well. Mii-kun is not with the girls from the start in the manga, for example, and they tell her story in flashback format as opposed to the manga where it's an actual arc. Mii-kun's story is also missing scenes, namely several moments in the mall where the people got trapped in, Mii-kun was in a larger group that eventually all turned into zombies, but they didn't show that in the anime.

The anime's violent scenes are also quite toned down. The manga isn't very gorey either but it shows more of the unsettling details.

Well, all I can say is you should read it, it doesn't take very long to catch up and there's lots of new things.

10 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

Well, all I can say is you should read it, it doesn't take very long to catch up and there's lots of new things.

Well I can certainly say you've sold the manga to me. It upsets me when an anime adaption doesn't follow its source material. Nevertheless, I did enjoy it.

Thanks for the information, I'll start my tear-filled journey soon.

Finished the Phantom Bullet arc.

Didn't even feel like SAO lel, but Sinon's one of my top favorites from the SAO games so it was great to have her be the focus and finally explore her background (the games alluded to but never committed to her story, thankfully. Yuuki however, gg, spoiled for Mother's Rosario already ._.)

8 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

Didn't even feel like SAO lel

I think that the writer of SAO never intended for the series to be solely centered around Kirito and Asuna's romance which is why SAO II can be such a let down for people who were big fans of the ship.

Currently watching the Korean anime, Winter Sonata. It has a weird plot with tons of twists, but mostly understandable. Most of the events are foreshadowed which makes guessing what'll happen next fun.

2 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

Finished the Phantom Bullet arc.

Didn't even feel like SAO lel, but Sinon's one of my top favorites from the SAO games so it was great to have her be the focus and finally explore her background (the games alluded to but never committed to her story, thankfully. Yuuki however, gg, spoiled for Mother's Rosario already ._.)

I knew the ending of Mother's Rosario going into the arc (internet's a bitch), and it didn't make it any less of an experience. I know SAO is hated by a lot of people, but I loved the Mother's Rosario arc just for Yuuki. As for Phantom Bullet, I only read the first of two novels to the LN, loved Sinon, then when I watched the anime, they made her less awesome compared to what was in my mind, and then disappointed me with the ending of the arc (not anime fault, just the general plot)

36 minutes ago, Ceris said:

I knew the ending of Mother's Rosario going into the arc (internet's a bitch), and it didn't make it any less of an experience. I know SAO is hated by a lot of people, but I loved the Mother's Rosario arc just for Yuuki. As for Phantom Bullet, I only read the first of two novels to the LN, loved Sinon, then when I watched the anime, they made her less awesome compared to what was in my mind, and then disappointed me with the ending of the arc (not anime fault, just the general plot)

Mother's Rosario was precisely 'not the droid I was looking for' in an action fantasy anime trying too hard to be some kind of moral social commentary drama. As for Sinon's plot, once again whoever wrote that shit is obsessed with

turning strong women into goddamn damsels in distress that need a guy to save them, just like the second half of SAO I.

So disappointed... I kept watching SAO and SAO spin offs and series in the hope it recreates the magic of first half of S1 but it just keeps going further and further downhill. I'll foolishly watch the movie/special that's coming out shortly and no doubt will be equally disappointed.

I understand exactly what you mean by it not feeling anything like the first arc after that arc ended, but I personally liked the direction the series went spiritually. I'm interested in the implications behind having virtual reality gaming and what it would do to general life. Between immoral things (Elfhiem Arc), gaming tournaments and everything that happened in GGO, as well as for Mother's Rosario

Medical treatments, the use for terminally ill really hit me as a great yet tragic idea.

I feel that was the Author's intent with the series, not to make "The adventures of a Virtual Reality gamer in the game" but instead the actual implementation of VR into "real" life (in the story). That's why we have Kirito going into development of this software, and I believe all the newest arc is based around more development stuff, isn't it? The author also shows a more developed feel with Accel World, which is a same universe story, just years in the future far into, instead of Virtual reality, the development of Augmented Reality.

So to summarize/tl;dr. the series aims to tell a more technological based story instead of action/fantasy. Am I saying it's wrong to dislike it for that reason? Not at all, it's just something I find interesting about the series. If you don't want to see that shit, then yeah, you DO have the right to complain about the shift in focus the series took after the first arc.

Rewatched Girls und Panzer with my wife. Initially she didn't like it because she didn't like the lead character (that's often one of her showstoppers) but after I insisted she keep watching it, she loved it, and so did I. Now rewatching Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou with her. The same thing happened to begin with there too, but after a few episodes she really started to like that too.

Alas my one fail with making her persist was Kaleido Star. She loved it for the first half of the series but then when the drama gets all over the top and the new characters get nasty during the second half, she totally lost interest and refused to watch any more after 34 of 52 episodes. This is a real shame because after toughing it out, the way all the nasty characters are that way for a reason and they evolve and everything falls into place for one of the most beautiful anime endings ever is really worth it.

Myself, of the non-current season, I'm still working my way through AmagamiSS. It's all good fun so far.

Just completed watching Gate: Jieitai Kano Chi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri ( whoa sure the tittle was long XD) last night. A pretty fantastic War Anime, haven't watched anything like it before, enjoyed it from the start till the end. Hope they'll make a season 2 of it or perhaps a English dubbed since it'll be great, well in my opinion.:sachi:

Now all I need is to finish watching Monster, God that anime is quite long but very interesting... 

I'm 6 episodes into JoJo. Man, do I regret not picking this up sooner. This shit is absolutely crazy, in the best possible way.

You know, a long time ago I promised myself that I wouldn't enjoy things ironically, or because they were campy or cheesy. But this show blends both awesome things and ludicrously cheesy things so well that I've had to step back from that ledge, at least for this one exceptional case.

Think I've dropped MonMusu. Turns out I have a limit on how much ecchi my brain can take - and that amount is 6 episodes :wahaha:

Decided to watch Acchi Kocchi (again), but there's only so much blood I can lose out of my nose so balancing it out with sporadic Tokyo Magnitude 8.0. It's really quite beautiful, in its own way.