Zenophilious

What Are You Watching: Movie and TV Show Edition

Stalker(1979) but the remastered version that was released last year. I have not watched it yet but I will tonight. It is a not really well known movie (at least I think it's not well known) by Andrei Tarkovsky based on a science fiction book that I just finished reading called Roadside Picnic.

Here's a little bit on the movie:

Spoiler

A hired guide - the "Stalker" of the title - leads a writer and a scientist into the heart of the Zone, the restricted site of a long-ago disaster, where the three men eventually zero in on the Room, a place rumored to fulfill one's most deeply held desires. Adapting a science-fiction novel by Arkady and Boris Strugatsky, and making what would be his final Soviet feature, Tarkovsky created a challenging and visually stunning work, his painstaking attention to material detail and sense of organic atmosphere further enriched by this vivid new restoration.

58 minutes ago, Andromis said:

Stalker(1979) but the remastered version that was released last year. I have not watched it yet but I will tonight. It is a not really well known movie (at least I think it's not well known) by Andrei Tarkovsky based on a science fiction book that I just finished reading called Roadside Picnic.

Here's a little bit on the movie:

Reveal hidden contents

A hired guide - the "Stalker" of the title - leads a writer and a scientist into the heart of the Zone, the restricted site of a long-ago disaster, where the three men eventually zero in on the Room, a place rumored to fulfill one's most deeply held desires. Adapting a science-fiction novel by Arkady and Boris Strugatsky, and making what would be his final Soviet feature, Tarkovsky created a challenging and visually stunning work, his painstaking attention to material detail and sense of organic atmosphere further enriched by this vivid new restoration.

I great movie with an incredible atmosphere IMO, but a very slow one. I hope you'll enjoy it, it's one of the more memorable ones I've ever seen. :)

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

@Andromis

Roadside picnic is an awesome book. Back in the days I had a habit of reading every book by the author I liked. Picnic is the best of Stugacki’s . The rest of their work is a bit propaganda influenced.

:yumiko:

It always was bit strange to me that all the harsh Stalker concept came from that book. All that tough guys wearing gas masks and fighting mutants scavenging for everything , while the original Stalker is more like a Riko Reg and Nanachi from Made in abyss. That is just my impression. Well they also do all of the survival thing but you know...