Ebola-chan

bl3u

But regardless, my thoughts on Ebola-chan is that people are letting it get too serious.

Why are you taking /b/ seriously? That's exactly the issue here. I'm still surprised some news outlets actually take 4chan seriously.

News outlets will give 4-chan airtime on slow news days, probably because it's a good source of controversy. That being said I regularly sit on Google News (it's my homepage and I spend a significant amount of time reading news) and while there are thousands of articles on ebola, there's maybe a small handful on Ebola-chan. And mostly American. I haven't seen Ebola-chan mentioned in any Australian news outlet but I could have missed it. Knowledge of Ebola-chan is mainly confined to those on the internet who are exposed to 4-chan culture.

It's being taken seriously in this thread because Bl3u asked for people's opinions and for us to take it seriously. Ebola-chan has been posted on the forum before but nobody paid it any attention because, like you said, it's just another 4-chan thing.

News outlets will give 4-chan airtime on slow news days, probably because it's a good source of controversy. That being said I regularly sit on Google News (it's my homepage and I spend a significant amount of time reading news) and while there are thousands of articles on ebola, there's maybe a small handful on Ebola-chan. And mostly American. I haven't seen Ebola-chan mentioned in any Australian news outlet but I could have missed it. Knowledge of Ebola-chan is mainly confined to those on the internet who are exposed to 4-chan culture.

It's being taken seriously in this thread because Bl3u asked for people's opinions and for us to take it seriously. Ebola-chan has been posted on the forum before but nobody paid it any attention because, like you said, it's just another 4-chan thing.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's getting major attention (thank god), but just the fact that 4chan even makes it to some news outlets, no matter how small they are, is already enough for me to facepalm. Obviously I know they just want the views, that much is obvious, but I still find it silly. But maybe I'm overreacting a little. But if 4chan threads are now news material well we're all screwed.

And by taking 4chan seriously, it was a more general comment regarding internet scandals lately, not this thread in particular, I just notice that 4chan lately, or at least from what I have been exposed to (which is probably not much so don't trust me) has been getting more spotlights than it used to have for no good reason. Ebola-chan is just one of those catalysts.

Just felt like expressing how the situation has looked like from my prespective.

I just hope silly stuff like this doesn't get this much attention again.

I knew that someone will gonna say something like "You would see if you would mind it if you ware the one getting infected" and my answer is my opinion wouldn't change at all, in fact as an otaku I would probably find it funny that cause of my death has cute Anime character as it's "representative" and if anything I would like her far more then I do now. And it's not like you are doing any damage by joking about other peoples death and if you do you are at least honest about it, I prefer that over Hippocrates who pretend to care about complete strangers.

Third time a fucking charm? Lets try this in the most eloquent way possible.

Oh enlightened Okami! If thee were to get ebola, and we were but pretending to care, would that not mean thou should die? I believe thou art full of feces when thou say thou dost not care for thy self, and thy would find it humorous that thee had contracted ebola. And then, if the rabble were to mock thy illness with humor, would thy not be upset? As thou cough up thy life blood, the rabble all laugh, and deny thee thine medicine. 

Verily, thou art an arse breath'd pignut. 

Oh enlightened Okami! If thou were to get ebola, and we were but pretending to care, would that not mean thou should die? I believe thou art full of feces when thou say thou dost not care for thyself, and thou wouldst find it humorous that thou had contracted ebola. And then, if the rabble were to mock thy illness with humor, wouldst thou not be upset? As thou cough up thy life blood, the rabble all laugh, and deny thee thine medicine. 

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. Also I might not be 100% correct, for whatever odd reason I don't use thou, thee, and thine very often.

As for Ebola-chan, if a joke can be made, it will be made on the internet, and some people will find it funny while others will find it offensive. Business as usual.

Oh enlightened Okami! If thee were to get ebola, and we were but pretending to care, would that not mean thou should die? I believe thou art full of feces when thou say thou dost not care for thy self, and thy would find it humorous that thee had contracted ebola. And then, if the rabble were to mock thy illness with humor, would thy not be upset? As thou cough up thy life blood, the rabble all laugh, and deny thee thine medicine. 

Sorry for the pun but you just killed me with that post solidbatman.

I died like, 3 lines into this. I revive again, only to die a second time. I've lost count of the many deaths I've experienced just reading this. So thank you Batman, you have made my day :D

Ok. This is derailing, but we're a VN forum, so forgive me for a second. 

...What? The game is about romancing disabled girls. It shows them dealing with their disabilities and how it affects their personal life, but I can't think of anything offensive there. In fact, since you're the type that gets attached to characters easily, I think the game is right up your alley. Lol. 

To give an example I'm sure you know, you'd take less offense from that game than you would from Akinari's S link in p3. And I don't think you took any offense from that~

Hmm, my perceptions may just be based on all the stuff I've seen on the internet then, but a couple of my friends played it and they said they found it "inappropriately hilarious", so I just assumed it was mocking on it. 

Yea, that social link was one of my all time favorites.