Your preferred gaming platform

Zenophilious

60 members have voted

1. 1. What gaming platform do you primarily use?

• PC
    • Xbox/Xbox 360/Xbox One
    • PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/PSP/PS Vita
    • DS/3DS
    • GameCube/Wii/Wii U
    • GBA/GBA SP/GB emulator
    • Other (please explain)

This poll is closed to new votes

Just wondering how many people here belong to the glorious PC Master Race or have other gaming platforms.  I'm not asking about mobile games because filthy casuals are filthy casuals, and maybe if we don't talk about them they'll go away.  Feel free to elaborate after you pick your poll choice, or say which gaming platform is your favorite.  Just to clarify, the poll isn't about what platforms you own, just the one that you use most of the time.  You can also list all of your platforms if you want, but be sure to mention which one is the frontrunner for your attention.

If you pick an answer with a slash in it, please explain which one you use.  I didn't want to run out of options, and I'm too lazy to go back and change it now.  Let the answers begin!

I'll just list off all of my platforms anyway: PS1, PS2, GBA SP, Xbox 360, Wii, PC.  Before I got a gaming PC I primarily used my Xbox 360 for gaming, but since then I've switched to using my PC the most because modding and Ultra graphics are amazing.  In terms of my favorite platform, though, I would have to say my SP takes that title.  Had it since I was ~10, played some great games on it, still works amazingly well, and was my first video game experience.  Nostalgia is a factor, I have to admit, but still, PC is pretty close behind.

"I'm a PC gamer that doesn't use Steam," said no smart person ever after PC gaming went digital.  They're pretty much the best digital distribution platform around, and Origin doesn't exactly do much to challenge their dominance.  It'll always have the letters EA stamped on it in big, disapproving red letters.

The day will come when all the consoles listed will be played through emulators on PC. That's one of the reasons it stands high above the others.

Pretty much.  I know almost all of the older gen consoles can be emulated, and even some of the last gen ones can be, too, although they're rarer because it's too soon for legal action against them to be improbable.

Well, I just realized that I derped out and forgot to add 6th gen consoles.  Fixed that.  Me so smart.  Also added GameCube because Eclipsed mentioned it.

I think you can group N64/Gamecube/Wii/WiiU together since they are all flagship successor consoles of the Nintendo lineup (even though their naming schemes aren't consistent like Microsoft's XBox/XBox360/XBoxOne and Sony's PS/PS2/PS3/PS4).

Oh and as for why I prefer PC over console.... well, there's just so much more you can do on a PC :P

Edit: COUGH* emulators, mods, 1080p @ 60fps... but now I'm sounding like one of those elitists  :ph34r:

I think you can group N64/Gamecube/Wii/WiiU together since they are all flagship successor consoles of the Nintendo lineup (even though their naming schemes aren't consistent like Microsoft's XBox/XBox360/XBoxOne and Sony's PS/PS2/PS3/PS4).

Oh and as for why I prefer PC over console.... well, there's just so much more you can do on a PC :P

Yeah, I just did that.  Didn't get much sleep, so I'm a little spacy right now.  Thanks for the help!

Also added the PSP and PS Vita.  Lack of sleep OP.

First vote for the Sony systems (all of them, but currently mainly PS3/PSP/PSVita)! That's what I play on the most since they seem to have the largest collection of Rpgs I enjoy.  I do play emulators on the PC sometimes for older games I'm unable to get.

I prefer playing on a big screen & controller I can hold, since it feel more immersive to me. So I like console games more than handheld and PC.

My least favorite is the Xbox.. they only have a few games I'm interested in like the Fable series and couple other goods ones.. I feel the overall games they have cater more towards action/shooters.

I literally buy as many consoles as I can in addition to owning a gaming PC. About the only console I refused to buy was the Xbox360, and that is simply because Halo wasn't enough to make me want one. That said, Xbox One has a few exclusives I like, so I might have everything this gen. 

I am biased for Sony though because Metal Gear and Persona and other JRPGs. 

• 2 months later...

So I'm getting into Nintendo DS right now (literally an hour ago I played my first DS game) and I downloaded an emulator to play it. I playing it on my windows tablet, and I'm finding that I'm perfectly able to navigate in game with the touch screen. The game I'm playing is Pokemon Conquest (Nobunaga's Ambition.)

Other games I haven't had as much success so I bought a keyboard controller. 

61UoFHtybzL._SL1500_.jpg

So I'm getting into Nintendo DS right now (literally an hour ago I played my first DS game) and I downloaded an emulator to play it. I playing it on my windows tablet, and I'm finding that I'm perfectly able to navigate in game with the touch screen. The game I'm playing is Pokemon Conquest (Nobunaga's Ambition.)

Other games I haven't had as much success so I bought a keyboard controller. 

61UoFHtybzL._SL1500_.jpg

Holy hell, dat necro.  That took balls, man.

I just might get a Wii U if the new Zelda Wii U is as awesome as it looks.  I do love me some Legend of Zelda  :3  I'll still be part of the PC Master Race, though.  Never again will I be content with just being a filthy console peasant.

I'll still be part of the PC Master Race, though.  Never again will I be content with just being a filthy console peasant.

As a good gamer should. (Dota 2 reporter reference ANYONE?)

I own way to many consoles, platforms and such. But in the end I sit in front of the PC anyway. I grab my 3DS sometimes when I feel the urge to play Pokémon or Zelda.