Dota2 VN mockup (Using Garry's Mod for VN making)

zakobot

Saw this post on reddit and thought I would cross-post it here for discussion. 

ai_shiteru_no_dota_ni____lanaya_route_byai_shiteru_no_dota_ni____rylai_route_by_

More here:

http://goldenhearted.deviantart.com/gallery/42545594/Dota2-VN-mockup

Original post:

http://www.reddit.com/r/visualnovels/comments/2cl61o/dota_2_vn_mockup_using_garrys_mod_for_vn_making/

" Using Garry's mod to make VNs would mean that the Characters can get a greater scope of animation and not be static the whole time in a VN. This may help with immersion to have characters actually doing the actions that the script have them do, or their expression actually changing in a meaningful way.

Do you Think This is the way to go?"

This might be one way to make VNs more popular in the west, making spin-offs of existing popular games for LOL, DOTA2, WOW, etc.

I think I would find this somehow entertaining. However, I can't imagine playing it for an extended period of time or getting immersed into the story or anything. It's just a cool concept that would hold my interest for a limited amount of time.

I think this is copyright right?

I don't think game like LoL Dota2 will like it.

I don't seem interesed in this concept, i realy like cg and things like it, animation characters 3D doesn't sound good for me.

If you don't profit off of it and you don't keep the names/code, I really don't think they can do much about it.  I'm not a legal expert, but I do know there are very specific limitations for copyright infringement.  If they tried very hard to make it a parody, they'd be in the clear.  A lot of companies are trying to get good publicity and letting people do things like this right about now, so I wouldn't be surprised if Riot or Valve didn't really care.

I think this is copyright right?

I don't think game like LoL Dota2 will like it.

I don't seem interesed in this concept, i realy like cg and things like it, animation characters 3D doesn't sound good for me.

If you want to be safe in this copyright thing make it a Dota 2 Custom Game.

What copyright? he's just using the CGs and not profitting by it in any way so the companies wont care

I know a lot of companies don't want their products/property associated with anything that has 18+ content.  Hasbro sent Zapapple (makers of that humanized MLP VN, Starswirl Academy, that had a topic here several months ago) a cease and desist letter, even though they're not going to charge for it.  It's more about perception with things like that, which I can understand, but it is a little lame.