Summer 2014 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

Hanamonogatari has been fully fansubbed

I really enjoyed the story, it was great to see this side of Suruga, her character was really beautifully depicted

Just like a flower blooming (props to whoever gets the pun)

It's a 9/10 for me as a continuation from where the anime left off

Although I don't get why Kaiki was alive, his beard was pretty cool though.

Araragi with the long hair really shocked me though.

Hanamonogatari has been fully fansubbed

I really enjoyed the story, it was great to see this side of Suruga, her character was really beautifully depicted

Just like a flower blooming (props to whoever gets the pun)

It's a 9/10 for me as a continuation from where the anime left off

Araragi with the long hair really shocked me though.

The series already ran and ended? Man in that case CR is way behind.

I believe it depends on the license they have, but CR won't always be able to provide same-day simulcasting.

Also, decided to drop Underwater in favor of HS for Barakamon. Those guys are still only on episode 2. I really liked their subs for the series, but I just can't wait any longer. 1 month is usually my limit.

Yeah CR took a while to license it, meanwhile fansubbers were already working on it as soon as it was released in Japan and they've already released all 5 episodes.

Now we wait for Kizumonogatari (eventually we'll have a release date.. maybe in 2030) and then wait for the Monogatari Series: Final Season since all the novels/chapters will be adapted into Anime.

Ok now, so far we had 7 episodes of Zankyou no Terror.

This is not a spoiler-free point of view, keep in mind that there are spoilers here, you are warned.

So far i'm pleased by the show, the animation is beautiful, the chara design is wonderful, and finaly i care about Nine and Twelve, as well as the inspector Sherlock Reacher, my expectations are so far entertained, it's probably one of the bst shows of this season, ah and also that's a spoiler, but i loved a fact in the episode 6.

When Five talks to the FBI team in english, this is just...a normal thing, they are americans, they can't magically speak japanese like natives, so they speak english, nice job.

NO moe element, thanks kami-sama.

I could continue in the pros list, because this show is very well executed.

But, unfortunately, there are many flaws for me, the first and most annoying one is RISA, RISA, RISA, RISA , seriously guys, what is this character? Useless, no personality, nothing, she got like 2 minutes of exposition per episode (Well, it get better in ep 7, whe she got as always useless) She's just here because the show needs female characters, nothing more, nothing less, i don't care about Risa's whereabout, because she has nothing to do in the plot, she's just here because. Because.

Also,it's good to tease us about a super secret asylum with genius kids who are trained at terrorists acts (Oh, the asylum from hitman? seriously?) but...please, after 7 episodes, we still have nothing to eat, it's like the entire show have no plot instead of the "olol sphinge do a terrorist attack, now sherlock Reacher, find the riddle)

Another flaw for me : who's the main character? who's the main point of view, i understand that they're trying to do a confrontation Reacher/Nine, but after 7 episodes, still nothing really interesting, instead, we got a Five/Nine/Reacher confrontation.

There's also this little tackle about American actions, and given the fact that there's plutonium in the game, and the citation of Hiroshima...Well, i'm not a great fan of this type of not-so hidden message, but well, let's see till the end.

Well, even if i have critics about it, Zankyou no Terror is worth watching, because it's original content and not an adaptation, but also because it's actually GOOD, INTERESTING and ENTERTAINING.

Yeah CR took a while to license it, meanwhile fansubbers were already working on it as soon as it was released in Japan and they've already released all 5 episodes.

Now we wait for Kizumonogatari (eventually we'll have a release date.. maybe in 2030) and then wait for the Monogatari Series: Final Season since all the novels/chapters will be adapted into Anime.

arent they making a movie next? it should be out in January i think

arent they making a movie next? it should be out in January i think

Kizumonogatari as he said. But Kizu has been in announcement for the last 4 years, you see it every two seasons on a preview chart and then it goes off into limbo... It already doesn't make sense anymore to not have seen Kizu adapted since most of the novels after it got adapted.

MORE KAIKI. That episode was great.

(spoil monogatari S2)

I think Hanamonogatari happens before the end of Monogatari S2 right? Which is why he's still there.

Or maybe he's so cool, he can be there even if he's dead.

I don't care either way.

Still have 2 episode in stock, I like to watch monogatari when I'm tired and I can let the infinite flow of words pass through me.

Kizumonogatari as he said. But Kizu has been in announcement for the last 4 years, you see it every two seasons on a preview chart and then it goes off into limbo... It already doesn't make sense anymore to not have seen Kizu adapted since most of the novels after it got adapted.

What does kizu cover then? new heroine?

What does kizu cover then? new heroine?

The encounter between Shinobu and Arararararararararagi. So it happens before everything else, but the novel itself was published after the Bakemonogatari ones, so it should have been between Bake and Nise in terms of information bringed to the viewer.

The encounter between Shinobu and Arararararararararagi. So it happens before everything else, but the novel itself was published after the Bakemonogatari ones, so it should have been between Bake and Nise in terms of information bringed to the viewer.

Shinobu? ohhh so its the vampire arc huh i always wondered why they never showed Araragi's past in Nisemono

hmm maybe there's some production problems with that if this has been on the table for so many years lol

Shinobu? ohhh so its the vampire arc huh i always wondered why they never showed Araragi's past in Nisemono

hmm maybe there's some production problems with that if this has been on the table for so many years lol

Yeah, it seems movies are harder to make than anime. Also, the viewer is meant to be kept in the dak about Ararararagaki's (oops bit my tongue) past when he first encountered Shinobu.

Yeah, it seems movies are harder to make than anime. Also, the viewer is meant to be kept in the dak about Ararararagaki's (oops bit my tongue) past when he first encountered Shinobu.

I am planning to finally watch most of the monogatri series when i finally finish my current movie maraton and catch up with ilya prims..... whatever mangical girl show that everyone is seems to enjoy currently. Hope i can still make it happen this year.

I am planning to finally watch most of the monogatri series when i finally finish my current movie maraton and catch up with ilya prims..... whatever mangical girl show that everyone is seems to enjoy currently. Hope i can still make it happen this year.

Well I wish you luck.

Well, I finished Hanamonogatari. Pretty good stuff. Needed a bit more Kaiki though >_>

After finishing it, what I said about Kaiki above doesn't make sense.

So I guess he really was lying in his own story when he died, which is kinda cool but lessens the impact of the scene.

Yeah I didn't want to spoil it but it was impossibble for Hanamonogatari to be before Nadeko's arc.

So I don't know how it went really. 

Maybe it's not Kaiki?

And I'm still super curious about Ougi, I guess we'll only find out in Owarimonogatari.. whenever that comes.

And I'm still super curious about Ougi, I guess we'll only find out in Owarimonogatari.. whenever that comes.

She/he totally has the face of a bad guy. Not mastermind-tier, but irritating vicious sidekick-tier.

About Kaiki,

I thought about it not being him, but who? And he was very Kaiki-like, too.

It's either some kind of absurdity that won't bother being explained, or he did lie in his own story. Much post-modern. Very tricky.

She/he totally has the face of a bad guy. Not mastermind-tier, but irritating vicious sidekick-tier.

About Kaiki,

I thought about it not being him, but who? And he was very Kaiki-like, too.

It's either some kind of absurdity that won't bother being explained, or he did lie in his own story. Much post-modern. Very tricky.

Ougi is a bad guy, at least from what I read from the future novels, he/she (his gender is still unknown) is actually behind a lot of stuff.

And also, I read Mayoi comes back in Owarimonogatari, i cried tears of joy when I heard this.

And maybe this Kaiki is Ougi? I don't really know what Ougi is capable of so you never know.