Wintroduction? (hello)

arakura

Hey everyone from Fuwanovel! I'm new here, so I wanted to make some connections and say hi to everyone (check). Ummm, about introductions... I think one would be nice (they are always so lovely to look back on nostalgically days and days hence). But enough of making myself sound like a complete dumbhead. Hopefully writing stuff about myself doesnt make me seem too self-centered (just assuming that you care to know about me), so I challenge you to come talk to me and let me know that you are a person that I want to know about as well! Or maybe I'll just have to find you >,>

My name is arakura and I love many things. In fact, I love to love things. That makes me happy. Being happy makes me happy. Bananas and sugary drinks also make me happy. I'm an active member of MAL, into many things Japanese (still trying to figure out more and more about the culture, which I have become oddly attracted too... well, at least the modern media culture in some of its forms... I'm still learning about the rest). I like sounding happy-go-lucky, smiling, and trying to be a better person every day.

hmmm... I like being quirky, because it makes me feel special in some way, you know? That said, most people are quirky in their own way and I just tend to cherish the oddities of my own character. Do what makes you happy, you know? I'll be honest, I have no idea the level of friendliness that abounds these forums, so maybe all this information is just a waste of my bananas, but we can hope not.

So, things that you might actually care about!

I like anime, manga, visual novels, fantasy, and science fiction. I recently read Dune and I just want to take a moment and say that it is amazing.

I tend to think of myself as an incredibly slow visual novel reader, for reasons unknown to me. I think I just like to reread things to fully internalize what they mean, or so my theory goes. We'll see, because I'm still pretty new. I've played 3 visual novels so far. Katawa Shoujo, Tsukihime, and Deardrops. The first two are among my favorite artistic creations of all time. They simply touched my heart. Or my soul. Or the wild dragonling that runs wild through my veins. I currently have not completely finished any of them (for reasons that just are part of my character, I'm bad at committing to things that I really want to do. I like saving it for later). I'm incredibly crazy about not getting anything spoiled for me. I don't like to know ANYTHING about something when I start it. When I read Dune, I didnt even know if it had a sequel (it makes the endings pretty thrilling, just saying). I dont like to know genres, moods, plot twists, or almost anything that could possibly create an expectation from me. So basically I'm crazy (me and myself are in a pretty complex love/hate relationship at the moment).

I like pretty much every genre, stay away from topics such as "Why [xxxxx] is Bad" or "why you should watch [xxxxx]". I'm fiercely responsive to people who hate on the things that I love, but I'm also a softie who doesnt like arguing, so all I ever do is just stay away. As far as I'm concerned, when it comes down to absolute knowledge and perhaps art construction, feedback is necessary, but not in personal opinions about art. Some people like arguing with people about what they love. Some people will say it strengthens their valid beliefs and rids them of weaker ones. I just want to love what I love, and as long as it's a purely emotional and person thing I really dont want people telling me why I should not like something (be very free to get me to try to like something I didnt though... loving > hating). It just makes my blood boil.

I like to hold some things "sacred". I wont be distracted during important scenes because I feel that they are important. I wont use walkthroughs on a visual novel I care for. I wont jokingly bash something I love. I wont happily abide by it either, tending to remove myself from the conversation. So basically I'm pretty sucky to talk to. Whatever, I'm weird but I try to be friendly and I love chatting about all kinds of stuff. So it doesnt necessarily doesnt have to be about a visual novel you plan to watch or read, so feel free to confide your deepest and most haunting secrets in this random complete stranger from the internet who will never be able to contact anyone you know. I'll always try to help.

Oh, and I study math at the University of Minnesota.

I like to think that despite the crazy, I'm a nice person and it's for the best. Up for you to decide for yourself I guess, hehe

Welcome to fuwanovel! 

You have an interesting way of thinking. We're all very friendly here, and the info is not really a waste. It may be only me, but I really like reading through these long introductions~

Well, in case you need any VN suggestions, check out my 50 VNs list. 

I hope you have fun here!

Your introduction made me ponder about something.

Are people that call themselves crazy actually as crazy as someone who denies it even when their marbles are long lost?

I also leave things i like for later, but i believe that's just my procrastination level A+ anyway this is a really friendly community you'll surely like it here.

Also here's a quote:

"Bullying Seiba is progressing extremely well"

Welcome to the forums, and:

Do you take VN recommendations?

Yea, I totally do! I've talked to quite a few people over at MAL about visual novels ever since I started playing my second one, Tsukihime, so I have a few ones I plan to do. Either way, I'm not really one who like holding fast to a list, so if you have some I would love to hear them.

I always like to see introductions like this~! You seem like an interesting person, just as random as me, so become my friend or I'll have to make a party to slay that dragonling in your veins. Enjoy your stay and have fun~!

Omg! please?

And thanks everyone for the welcome, I was hoping it would go so well! I look forward to posting and talking around.

Yea, I totally do! I've talked to quite a few people over at MAL about visual novels ever since I started playing my second one, Tsukihime, so I have a few ones I plan to do. Either way, I'm not really one who like holding fast to a list, so if you have some I would love to hear them.

Omg! please?

And thanks everyone for the welcome, I was hoping it would go so well! I look forward to posting and talking around.

Did someone say recommendations? :D

There's Key stuff which is slightly similar to KS, pretty much just slice of life and good at it: Clannad, Little Busters, Rewrite, Planetarian, Air, Kanon, with the first 2 being must-reads. Symphonic Rain is similar but not made by them, also a must-read. Ever17, Steins;Gate, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni and Umineko no Naku Koro ni are great if you like a mindfuck. Muv-Luv and Muv-Luv Alternative are the epic saga of visual novels, and Saya no Uta is sort of Lovecraftian.