Winter 2014 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

First episode was really good in my opinion.

Animation was flawless, the characters were as lovable as they used to be.

And they changed ! Yes they made them change and didn't fail in the process !

I'm only septic about Nibutai's hair color. But whatever.

It's promising

I'm only septic about Nibutai's hair color. But whatever.

And she gained a few pounds. That might be just me though

Also just watched the first episode of Onee-chan ga Kita. The animation is a little lacking and I had no clue it was a 3 min episode thing so that disappointed me. But i guess it's worth it for the lulz. Not a big fan of the older sister x younger brother thing but I guess the comedy is the most important part. I guess every season needs short shows.

I found the first episode of chu2koi not as strong as the first episode from season one, maybe it's just me. Satone is great, i can't wait to see her debut, it'll surely be awesome. 

I didn' find Noragami interesting but i'll keep watching for the next two or three episodes.

Hamatora was decent enough.

D-Frag was pretty funny, i'll keep watching

Haha, Onee-chan ga kita was fun indeed.

I don't mind Brother sister comedy as long as there is no actual romance (like kiss and stuff 'cause that's kinda creepy) and it's all for fun.

But holy s***

The sister is like an older, creepy, perverted Renge Miyauchi (from non non biyori) with a different hair cut.

Is this intentional or is this kind of character a thing now?

Not that i don't like it, I find this kinda face quite hilarious, but it looks too much alike for me to dissociate both the characters in my mind.

This older sister will always be Renge Miyauchi in some kind of way. And it's disturbing !

I watched like 30 seconds of hamatora, but the animation was so bad that it hurt my eyes, so I stopped.

Also watched first episode of Mikakunin de Shinoukei,

It's funny, classic story but the girl and the boy role is inverted compared to traditional shounen romance stuff.

I'll stick to it, I think it'll be decent.

Nobunaga the Fool 01: The plot is confused as hell. Didn't see anything much interesting there, the only reason I might watch is the duo Da Vinci voiced by Sugita/Jeanne "Hot Blond Girl" d'Arc.

Nobunagun 01: The superior Nobunaga anime of the season, in my opinion. The plot, despite being very classic, is straightforward and clear. The animation is fully 2D, and I like the color choices a lot. Plus I like the heroine. And the spark of dementia we can see at the end of the episode really hooked me.

Chuunibyou Ren 01: Changing a bit the personnalities brings some new in the show, that's nice. That first episode was pleasant, and seeing how

Rikka and Yuuta will evolve now that they are a couple could be interesting.

Gin no Saji S2 01: Nice. I like where it's going. It's following on the tracks of season 1 yet bringing something new now that Hachiken is starting to settle.

I think I'll watch Sakura Trick and that'll be it, I've way enough shows to follow this season.

This will be the first season in a while that I have followed all the way through so this will be fun.

Chuunibyou Ren - So far so good. Still loving the great animation. I'm not sure if I can survive another season of embarrassing conversations though. In the words of Yuuta...

4viqa0.jpg

Hamatora - The arts good, nice bright colors. Music is pretty decent as well. The story, not being quite original with the powers, but interesting so far.

Noragami - Kinda iffy at this point. Not sure what it is but something is putting me off about this. But I'm going to stick with it for a while.

ImoCho - Where to start? The story is alright. Haven't seen the possession angle anywhere before so thats original to me. The animation... *nosebleeds* 

Witch Craft Works - It's decent right now. Now major feeling one way or another at this point. Though the angry mob of fangirls is entertaining.

Still have a few more that I plan on checking out in the next couple days.

As weird as it is to say, 3 episode rule is in effect for Chu2Koi Ren. I really don't like the fact that Rikka has reverted back to her chuuni ways after making substantial progress towards the latter half of season 1. One season of those shannigans were enough. I was bored through that entire episode. 

As weird as it is to say, 3 episode rule is in effect for Chu2Koi Ren. I really don't like the fact that Rikka has reverted back to her chuuni ways after making substantial progress towards the latter half of season 1. One season of those shannigans were enough. I was bored through that entire episode. 

What I didn't like was that they excluded Yuta from the opening :'c

I finally get to watch Pupa and what do I get? After months of delays and pushbacks. Censors! They tried hard to have it air uncensored but I guess they couldn't make it.

BpeiFNp.png

Now I'm wishing for it to have a lot of gore but at the same time i don't want to deal with that mystical black light across the screen every 5 seconds..

Not a big fan of the artsyle they're using. I don't know if they're trying to be original or if they were really sloppy and that's NOT good.

I honestly don't know if the 5 min duration makes it good or bad. It certainly gives it a fast paced weird feel. However it also was a really  big mess with no explanation whatsoever which is not a nice thing to do. Not sure what to think but i'll stick around for next episodes.

I also expected the monster the sister turns into to be more.. creepy? It just looks really silly in my prespective with all the pinkness and the moth wings. Not a great start for a show i was eager to watch.

Already downloaded a bunch of others but i have no time to watch them today. I'll get on it tomorrow.

So for Pupa, what's the verdict?  Watch it with the censors, or hope for a dvd/BD without?  Because that was probably the largest amount of hype for something I've had in a long time (at least towards an anime).

Honestly i didn't understand ANYTHING of what was going on from the first episode so i can barely give first impressions since i don't get what's happening. But definitely hoping for the uncensored BD/DVD. I'll try and see the next couple of episodes to see how much censorship they use. On the first episode there's only one part where

her stomach is pierced somehow by something

but since there's literally a massive black bar covering her entire body you have no clue what happened. If it gets unbearable i'll just wait for the blu-rays but honestly it's just 5 mins per episode so it shouldn't kill you.

Satone should give the series more drama and make Rikka more girly, but since Kyoani didn't stick to the LN they might do the opposite and pull a second chuu2 character off their sleeves. By the way rikka is waaaay more chuu2 in the anime

The first Chuu2 episode was ok I guess.  I'm hoping it picks up as it goes on.  Judging from the OP, I'm hoping Nibutani goes back to her original hair color in future episodes.

I was unsure how I would feel about the censorship in Pupa, but after watching it I think I will continue watching this version and then watch the uncensored version when it comes out, given it's short episodes anyway.  It really was and almost completly black screen though.  Not much to tell about the show given how short it was, but it was creepy allright.

As for Kill la Kill episode 13

Holy crap! I did not see that coming.

Honestly i didn't understand ANYTHING of what was going on from the first episode so i can barely give first impressions since i don't get what's happening. But definitely hoping for the uncensored BD/DVD. I'll try and see the next couple of episodes to see how much censorship they use. On the first episode there's only one part where

her stomach is pierced somehow by something

but since there's literally a massive black bar covering her entire body you have no clue what happened. If it gets unbearable i'll just wait for the blu-rays but honestly it's just 5 mins per episode so it shouldn't kill you.

Censorship is the reason why I won't be watching that anime about the imouto and the chastity pantsu, I hate when random elements appear to cover up whatever D; Pupa is way too disturbing for me so I'm gonna pass on that xD

Pupa's censor felt like it was a little bit too much...

I didn't even understand what happened to her.

Almost a black screen ...

But I like the way the backgrounds were drawn.

It fits the atmosphere.

I am DEFINITELY watching Mahou Sensou, enough said.

Too many irritating characters in my opinion ... Only the blond hair guy seems to react the way he should (and such brain dead bad guys please ...).

Waiting for the next episode to chose whether of not i'll watch it.

Censorship is the reason why I won't be watching that anime about the imouto and the chastity pantsu, I hate when random elements appear to cover up whatever D; Pupa is way too disturbing for me so I'm gonna pass on that xD

I love moe stuff but i also am an avid horror fan so I was really looking forward to Pupa and the creepy vibe the manga gave off but god the massive censors. Same thing with Imocho there's just too many censors.

Please explain to me why an anime is rated R for mature audiences yet is censored. I mean the timeslots those anime go on aren't really early so do they really need that much censorship if they're aiming for older viewers? I know it's just a  poor excuse to make money off of DVD/BD sales but it reallyyyy annoys me when they go with this mindset. I remember Highschool DxD airing uncensored and that one is much worse than Imocho in regards to fanservice. And guess what? Much more known and successfull franchise. Kiss x Sis was also  uncesored and is on the same level as Imocho if not even more as far as fanservice. I really don't get censorship when your goal is to give nosebleeds to the viewer and shower them with fanservice. If you take that away the thing becomes dull since that was the sole purpose of it to begin with.

I love moe stuff but i also am an avid horror fan so I was really looking forward to Pupa and the creepy vibe the manga gave off but god the massive censors. Same thing with Imocho there's just too many censors.

Please explain to me why an anime is rated R for mature audiences yet is censored. I mean the timeslots those anime go on aren't really early so do they really need that much censorship if they're aiming for older viewers? I know it's just a  poor excuse to make money off of DVD/BD sales but it reallyyyy annoys me when they go with this mindset. I remember Highschool DxD airing uncensored and that one is much worse than Imocho in regards to fanservice. And guess what? Much more known and successfull franchise. Kiss x Sis was also  uncesored and is on the same level as Imocho if not even more as far as fanservice. I really don't get censorship when your goal is to give nosebleeds to the viewer and shower them with fanservice. If you take that away the thing becomes dull since that was the sole purpose of it to begin with.

I always thought that it was because of the animation company, not the tv channel and hour they were aired. But, it's something I always thought on my own, as I never investigated it nor have read anything about it xD but yeah, there are some anime that have huge amounts of fanservice and they don't censor them, but when there's an anime that relies in those scenes for the plot (and I mean real plot, not boobs) they go and put an entire black screen or the mythical rays of light covering everything xD I didn't watch the show about the maou and the hero (the one were they had a store or something like that) because of the censorship I saw on the first chapter (the same reason why I won't watch the imouto one). But that's just because I rarely watch any ecchi or gore, and when I do, I at least want to watch it without senseless things blocking the scenes.

I just finished Sakura Trick episode one

All those kiss scenes~

nE9yRmK.gif

3VGr689.jpgXjbz5J8.jpg

b7mTaAg.jpg

dg5ZVdK.jpg

kx2phg3.jpg

Jti4zyc.jpg

EV5V7q6.png

jFbw365.jpg

VfZTwiP.jpg

JukN64G.jpg

NVmHVfe.jpg

cOaFPvE.jpg

rNv5dPK.jpg

Seems like it's going by a similar formula as Yuru Yuri  though with a lot more focus on the romance aspect and the fanservice that Yuru Yuri didn't have as much since Sakura Trick has fixed couples not a giant love polygon. Probably going to be my favorite this season just for the nosebleeds. Entertaining moments as well. The art is okay too.

If you like the cute moe stuff and i mean so cute it'll give you nosebleeds, and if you also like Yuri you will LOVE this.

Seems like there's three couples total though the other 2 weren't confirmed just yet but the PV seems to confirm it.

Definitely deserves all the hype it was getting before it aired from Yuri fans. For me it was even more than i expected which is great. Can't wait for next ep.

Pupa's censor felt like it was a little bit too much...

I didn't even understand what happened to her.

Almost a black screen ...

But I like the way the backgrounds were drawn.

It fits the atmosphere.

Too many irritating characters in my opinion ... Only the blond hair guy seems to react the way he should (and such brain dead bad guys please ...).

Waiting for the next episode to chose whether of not i'll watch it.

I'm currently watching it, and it's funny how the girl shoots at him but he doesn't say anything about it, like that was something extremely normal for him xD

Well, finished watching it. There were so many weird things left unexplained, kinda randomly rushed developments like the other two getting their powers just because, and the explanation from Miu about adults not being able to use magic, what was the point of it in a situation like that xD? I'll wait for the second chapter, let's see how it turns out then :c

I'm currently watching it, and it's funny how the girl shoots at him but he doesn't say anything about it, like that was something extremely normal for him xD

Well, finished watching it. There were so many weird things left unexplained, kinda randomly rushed developments like the other two getting their powers just because, and the explanation from Miu about adults not being able to use magic, what was the point of it in a situation like that xD? I'll wait for the second chapter, let's see how it turns out then :c

Yeah it's a bit strange.

Girl shooting a complete random guy, then wants to save the same random guy ( Ya wanna kill him or Ya wanna save him ?)

Also the Main character fighting a massive sword with ... a bamboo stick ?

And yeah magic, and cells and youth and stuff ... 

Science yo !

And the end

a parallel world ...

Well that's never been seen has it ?

It's gonna be hard Mahou Sensou, it's gonna be hard ...

Mahou Sensou is either going to be a hit or a miss.

The concepts have been used before.

This one felt like an Oprah Winfrey episode: "You get magic powers! You get magic powers! Everyone gets magic powers!"

And what's with Mui looking like Shana from Shakugan no Shana? Maybe that's just me though.

I'm going to keep watching since so far it's not really boring and can bring a lot to the table. The bar has been set Mahou Sensou.

Also please explain the logic behind Wooden Kendo Sword > Giant Metal Blade