Winter 2014 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

Okay time to catch up. Things started piling up lately so i'm marathoning stuff right now.

Watched Mikakunin de Shinkoukei (Married to the Unidentified)not an unusual concept the whole marrying at 16 thing. It has potential to be a decent comedy and it was worth some decent chuckles. I love the protagonist the most he's so calm and relaxed and straightforward. Looking forward to some romance of course. Mashiro though <3

Also watched D-frag (D-Fragments) it felt like a mixture between GJ-Bu and SKET Dance. The comedy was the best i've seen this season so far. It made me laugh at some stances. That personality change.. I couldn't hold my laughter at her deredere moments

Overall pretty funny for a first episode. Glad i was convinced to watch it and will keep watching as well.

Nisekoi

Wow

Much yes

Many masterpiece

Such romantic comedy

Wow

Seriously though. Shaft's ability to turn chaos into an enjoyable series is beyond my comprehension. I feel like i'll enjoy this one a lot.

That chaotic artstyle never gets old.

Cliché childhood promise setting wtih new girl getting in the way. No worries there's a mafia scenario going in the background.

I think this is the first time Shaft has worked on a romcom. Am i wrong? Well either way they're doing a fine job at this lately worn out genre.

Let the shipping wars begin!

Who are you guys rooting for? I'm rooting for gorilla girl all the way.

The thing that I liked is that the anime reproduces perfectly the manga's atmosphere.

Oneruda isn't as cute though, but that's the only thing and it isn't bothersome at all.

I'm rooting for the blond, but I always feel bad for the other one ...

What a tricky question ! you're so heart leeeeEEeeeeEEeeess *runs away crying *

Onodera's personality doesn't really stand out. I like more proactive osananajimi heroines that actually do something about their love. Maybe this will change in the future. If she does get more proactive about her feelings then i might switch to her faction.

Reasons why i love Chitoge is because she puts out this aura when she's in public but she's honest with Raku, by honest i mean she acts like a gorilla and wrecks stuff, not hiding her true colors. I love seeing that type of relationship (masochist much?)

So yeah i'm rooting for Chitoge

It is a tough question but you always have to pick a side! You can not run away from it. This is not To Love-Ru where you get a harem.

Also just finished ImoCho episode 2

So she'll die if she doesn't get lovey dovey with her brother. Well that sucks. Hang in there!

And what's with the peeing fetish? Poor girl has to go through that situation twice in a row.

This is so borderline hentai i can't even. I feel like a huge pervert for enjoying this show.

Onodera's personality doesn't really stand out. I like more proactive osananajimi heroines that actually do something about their love. Maybe this will change in the future. If she does get more proactive about her feelings then i might switch to her faction.

Reasons why i love Chitoge is because she puts out this aura when she's in public but she's honest with Raku, by honest i mean she acts like a gorilla and wrecks stuff, not hiding her true colors. I love seeing that type of relationship (masochist much?)

So yeah i'm rooting for Chitoge

It is a tough question but you always have to pick a side! You can not run away from it. This is not To Love-Ru where you get a harem.

Also just finished ImoCho episode 2

So she'll die if she doesn't get lovey dovey with her brother. Well that sucks. Hang in there!

And what's with putting the main girl through wanting to pee badly twice in a row? Someone has some serious fetishes.

I can't do a good shipping yet, as I don't follow the manga, but something tells me that gorrilla girl will win at the end.

To Love Ru is the only show that I can say with confidence that I hate it with a passion. I don't know why it isn't a hentai already though D;

And I'll wait for the BD, I really dislike random censorship, so Imouto will have to wait :c

I can't do a good shipping yet, as I don't follow the manga, but something tells me that gorrilla girl will win at the end.

To Love Ru is the only show that I can say with confidence that I hate it with a passion. I don't know why it isn't a hentai already though D;

And I'll wait for the BD, I really dislike random censorship, so Imouto will have to wait :c

So far for me gorilla girl is winning but onodera can still pick up. We'll have to wait and see. I also think gorilla girl wins at the end.

Well for me To Love-Ru is one of my favorite series because it focuses on harem and ecchi and it does it well unlike those sloppy ecchi series out there that try to be deep. To Love-Ru is NOT trying to be deep and that's what's good about it as an ecchi series. That's why it's such a successful franchise. If you don't like ecchi you won't like it of course but i like my share of nosebleeds. This username isn't just for show and tell.

I want to see it uncensored but at the same time i love brother x sister relationships so i just must see this. I'll watch it uncensored too once it comes out.

Cliché childhood promise setting wtih new girl getting in the way.

No worries shaft will make it original by throwing a mafia scenario right at your face.

Scenario isn't from Shaft though?

I don't really like love triangles and romcom stuff, but I'm kinda curious to see how the usual Shaft style will fit on that one. Plus the animation and the music weren't half bad.

Scenario isn't from Shaft though?

I always fail terribly don't i. What i meant to say was that the mafia thing is original in the whole romcom scenario that's pretty cliché. 

At least that's how i see it. If it was just the whole childhood promise thing with a random girl that turned it into a love triangle i'd be bored of it.

I hope it's interesting later on as well.

I watched a few more first eps yesterday :

Sakura Trick :  Not quite as funny as I expected from something apparently based on a 4-koma, but it was entertaining enough for me to watch it again next week.  I must say I haven't watched a lot of yuri shows before, but it was pretty cute.

Hozuki no Reitetsu :  My surprise show of the season so far.  I hadn't heard about it prior to seeing it pop up on CR, but the synopsys piqued my interest and I was not disapointed by the episode.  Really looking forward to next week's episode,

Onee-chan ga Kita :  Pretty funny, but awfully short.  The artwork was kinda original, but also felt rather sloppy.

I also fell asleep on the first ep of Hamatora the other day, but it did look interesting from what I remember of it.  I already commented on the new Chuu2, but I just wanted to add that it felt kinda like a fanservice OVA, which is a shame considering this  was the series that got me hooked on the KyoAni train in the first place.  Kumin getting bonked on the head by Tooka seemed a bit out of nowhere as a new running gag.

edit : I just watched Nisekoi.  I was quite pleasantly surprised.  I expected yet another high school rom com, judging from the synopsys, but it seems to make the tropes pretty obvious only to poke fun at them.  Visualy it's Shaft allright, down to the camera shots and the cuts which are extremely similar to those used in the Bakemonogatari series.  Story wise, some of the stereotypes are so obvious I couldn't take them seriously, and I think it's meant to be that way.  The yakuza part makes for an interesting background story as well.

Saki is frustrating me...

I'm already lost because of the ~1349936345645 side characters (I watched/read it a year ago and I almost already forgot everything that happened...), now they're pulling flashbacks and stuff, the Inter-High hasn't even begun, and I don't know who is who and will fight against who and who knows who from when and where gahhhhhhh

Saki is frustrating me...

I'm already lost because of the ~1349936345645 side characters (I watched/read it a year ago and I almost already forgot everything that happened...), now they're pulling flashbacks and stuff, the Inter-High hasn't even begun, and I don't know who is who and will fight against who and who knows who from when and where gahhhhhhh

I just finished ep 2 and I agree with this

I love Saki but there's so many names and characters my brain can't take it all in. I wish they'd go right into the action like the first season did. At least their first episodes had mahjong games and right now they're just throwing too much info at my face. Not impressed Saki. Not impressed.

Anybody seen Dfrag! ?

I watched the first episode, it's seems quite funny.

The characters aren't super unusual but it blends nicely and it's entertaining.

Something to follow in my opinion.

Anybody seen Dfrag! ?

I watched the first episode, it's seems quite funny.

The characters aren't super unusual but it blends nicely and it's entertaining.

Something to follow in my opinion.

Yep. It's pretty funny in my opinion too.

Same type of humor as SKET Dance with a straight man and a bunch of characters that only do random crap. It's nice seeing female characters acting like gorillas for a change of pace.

Glad it's not a romantic comedy so i can focus on laughing.

Yep. It's pretty funny in my opinion too.

Same type of humor as SKET Dance with a straight man and a bunch of characters that only do random crap. It's nice seeing female characters acting like gorillas for a change of pace.

Glad it's not a romantic comedy so i can focus on laughing.

I always wondered, does Sket dance have any romance? O: I always see those two who seem to be the main characters, but I haven't found anything about them being together and stuff.

I just finished Inari Kon Kon, and it was really funny and cute (even if I don't really like that thing about changing into the blond girl >_<)

Does someone follow the manga? D: I wanted to know if she transforms into that girl a lot or just a few times xD

I always wondered, does Sket dance have any romance? O: I always see those two who seem to be the main characters, but I haven't found anything about them being together and stuff.

To put it in a prespective Sket Dance is pretty much Gintama in a school setting.

No there is no major romance plot. Yes the main girl likes the protagonist which is shown at random stances later on but that's as far as it goes. It's a shounen anime so don't expect it to go deep into it. Later in the series there's a little more emphasis on the romance subplot but it doesn't really go anywhere.

Just expect lots of comedy and randomness. That's what Sket Dance is about i'd say.

So in Chuunibiyou Ren Nibutani is finally back to normal thank god I don't know what was up with the hair

Looks like we'll meet the new girl in the next episode. When i finally thought there was going to be some drama/romance it gets ruined by their chuunibiyou.. God damn it. Nibutani seems to be the only sane person.

Also i couldn't help but cringe to the way they kept using the word "cumin".. god my mind is in the gutter.

There was quite the development in chu2koi this week, they added Kazari that's good even if she's not as cool as in the LN, they had the date right and it's now official they won't follow the LN (again), sadly another week for Satone to appear.

Witch Rikka is so cute.

Megane Rikka is so cute.

They're exploiting Rikka, shame on Kyoani.

There was also character development in D-frag, it seems like the hopeless comedy will have to wait.

Also, Nosebleed i don't see what's wrong with the romance in Chu2koi.

Also, Nosebleed i don't see what's wrong with the romance in Chu2koi.

My biggest issue is that it's not going anywhere. When it seems like it's finally developing they go right back to square one and that's what i don't like.  Not saying they need to get to 3rd base already but so much time for just hand holding and then Rikka goes back to not understanding what love is.

Rikka is cute as hell any time anyday at any moment and i love her. Her deredere moments are great. But the romance plot doesn't progress at all from my prespective. Hopefully the new girl changes that.

My biggest issue is that it's not going anywhere. When it seems like it's finally developing they go right back to square one and that's what i don't like.  Not saying they need to get to 3rd base already but so much time for just hand holding and then Rikka goes back to not understanding what love is.

Rikka is cute as hell any time anyday at any moment and i love her. Her deredere moments are great. But the romance plot doesn't progress at all from my prespective. Hopefully the new girl changes that.

It's not like that from my point of view.

They are developing the relationship without cutting off Rikka's personality, would you like more gray episodes like the 11th episode of season 1?

The fact that Rikka actually said something about her love problems means she's grown she also got friends, i kinda feel proud of her that little girl~ (sure 6 months are a lot of time, but she's just shy)

This episode's latter half Rikka was a lot like in the novel.

Also dat sexual harassment scene.

It's not like that from my point of view.

They are developing the relationship without cutting off Rikka's personality, would you like more gray episodes like the 11th episode of season 1?

The fact that Rikka actually said something about her love problems means she's grown she also got friends, i kinda feel proud of her that little girl~ (sure 6 months are a lot of time, but she's just shy)

This episode's latter half Rikka was a lot like in the novel.

Also dat sexual harassment scene.

I wouldn't say i want more depressing stuff but how do i put it.. I want to see more of the lovey dovey stuff between the 2. Maybe they'll show more of that later I don't know. I'm certainily excited for the new girl who looked pretty cute in the cover.

I sense it's going to be the one that brings the 2 of them closer by making Rikka jealous or something of the sort. I didn't read the LN.

I'm glad she did speak out her mind. That was something i finally enjoyed. I just hope it leads to at least ONE kiss scene even if it's in the last episode. 

I'm not hating on the series don't get me wrong i loved chuunibyou the first season it's just that i wanted something more on the 2nd season and i feel like i'm not getting it.. I'll probably be proven wrong in later episodes and i honestly hope i do because i want the 2nd season to end up on high note just like the first one did. My favorite thing in there so far is Dekomori which puts a smile on my face by adding DESU to the world.

Rikka is cute as always and i love her randomness. But as far as the 2nd season giving more than the first one did i don't feel like it at all.

To put it in a prespective Sket Dance is pretty much Gintama in a school setting.

No there is no major romance plot. Yes the main girl likes the protagonist which is shown at random stances later on but that's as far as it goes. It's a shounen anime so don't expect it to go deep into it. Later in the series there's a little more emphasis on the romance subplot but it doesn't really go anywhere.

Just expect lots of comedy and randomness. That's what Sket Dance is about i'd say.

So in Chuunibiyou Ren Nibutani is finally back to normal thank god I don't know what was up with the hair

Looks like we'll meet the new girl in the next episode. When i finally thought there was going to be some drama/romance it gets ruined by their chuunibiyou.. God damn it. Nibutani seems to be the only sane person.

Also i couldn't help but cringe to the way they kept using the word "cumin".. god my mind is in the gutter.

Oh I see, I guessed as much :'c such a pity, I've been in love with those two (seeing them in fanart and all that), but shonen always kicks me to the face and tells me that romance doesn't exist in their universe D;! Thanks for the info though.

PD: I have to agree with Nosebleed, their relationship goes in circles and doesn't progress one bit. I understand they want to go at their own pace, but it's just Rikka being clueless about love for no reason, as I think she had enough time to at least understand the happines she has being with Yuta to be more aware of her feelings ~_~ I hope the new girl is Yuta's childhood friend and comes to mess things up with a "let's get married when we grow up" promise (and heck, I hate love triangles, but come on Rikka, react to something).

Don't get me wrong, I too love Chuunibyou, I just want more romance as the romance-maniac I am.

Yeah Rikka is a bit too passive.

But i don't know why I can't hate that anime. It just feels nice when I watch it.

I don't dislike the 6th grade syndrome still being there. Without it it's just a regular anime. The third character is good because things were getting a little ridiculous ... 6 months and not even holding hands !? What ?!

I know characters in anime tend to be kinda slow with relationships, but come on ... speed it up ! ^^

Go Rikka go !