Winter 2014 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

Yeah I agree with you. It's a pretty nice change to find the opposite of what usually happens and instead we have the heroine protecting the protaganist. Unique. I do kinda wish that the heroine will show some sort of emotion later on though lol. All the other series are good/great too.

Series where girls protect the protagonist are not that weird, i can think of a few of them.

I know some people dislike Nourin and i see where you're coming from but Nourin fits my pervert levels perfectly. I am a horrible human being.

Sakura Trick.. Why you do this to me

nosebleed.gif

I did mention Mahou Sensou was either a hit or a miss.

It's getting closer and closer to be a miss.

The characters have no depth to them and just accept everything that's thrown at them.

The protagonist's reaction when they told him if he wanted to stay in this newly discovered dimension was literally just "meh sure" and then both his friends agree like it didn't even matter. I do NOT get this anime.

I will keep watching it because i'm an anime masochist and never dropped an anime in my life but jesus this is failing on multiple levels.

It also fails greatly to give an interesting explanation about magic and the reasons behind this magical warfare are really retarded as hell.

Mahou Sensou feels like Shakugan no Shana III but even worse.

I know some people dislike Nourin and i see where you're coming from but Nourin fits my pervert levels perfectly. I am a horrible human being.

Sakura Trick.. Why you do this to me

nosebleed.gif

I did mention Mahou Sensou was either a hit or a miss.

It's getting closer and closer to be a miss.

The characters have no depth to them and just accept everything that's thrown at them.

The protagonist's reaction when they told him if he wanted to stay in this newly discovered dimension was literally just "meh sure" and then both his friends agree like it didn't even matter. I do NOT get this anime.

I will keep watching it because i'm an anime masochist and never dropped an anime in my life but jesus this is failing on multiple levels.

It also fails greatly to give an interesting explanation about magic and the reasons behind this magical warfare are really retarded as hell.

You're not a horrible human being, you just have your own tastes as each one of us does xD

This ^ I finished SnS III just because I watched the other 2 seasons in order to see them together, so I wasn't going to leave it until they did end up together   ಠ_ಠ it was a long and painful journey.

You're not a horrible human being, you just have your own tastes as each one of us does xD

That's true but then again it wouldn't make me look good if i spent 20 mins preaching about pantsu just like episode 2 did. Though i laughed quite a lot at it.

This ^ I finished SnS III just because I watched the other 2 seasons in order to see them together, so I wasn't going to leave it until they did end up together   ಠ_ಠ it was a long and painful journey.

Same here the sole reason i watched SnS 3 was just because of the ending. The rest of the story was plain stupid and unreasonable and unecessary in its entirity.

Mahou Sensou not only gives the same retarded feel the story had even the characters are similar

Mui and Shana are clones. Period.

The protagonist is different i'll give them that but they both have one thing in common: they're both uninteresting pieces of existence that suddenly gain random access to powers and then have to train to master them

The big breasted friend is more emphasized in mahou sensou (Corporal magic.. Really?) since it seems to be the guy's girlfriend as opposed to SnS where the big breasted childhood friend was just an annoying nuisance.

And then there's this random guy that shoots fireballs just like the "guy" in shana's pendant that's a fire spirit.

There's also a war breaking out between 2 magical factions in both shows

Coincidence? Hmmmmm

If I remember, the protag did say he'd rather not be home at all due to his parents or something which makes me believe that he doesn't really like his life. He accepts the new dimension easily because it is new, different, and is a positive life changer. For his friends though, idk lol. It's like they stayed on a whim.

I might hate my life but i prefer peace and quiet rather than staying in a freaking warfare zone where i can get killed any minute. They strictly tell them it will be dangerous and they still gladly accept it. It's just really not realistic. But that's not even the worse case.

What about his straight face when Mui literally shot at him? I'd have run out of there like in 2 seconds and be freaked out by it.

Okay i don't know about you guys but i give Nourin credit for one thing:

Using a non skinny/chubby main girl

I HARDLY ever see this happen and by hardly i mean like it NEVER happens.

Great to see a main girl that's not the embodiment of skinnyness. Although her breasts are a bit exaggerated at least they don't use the average super skinny girl with massive breasts that's completely unproportional. Though she does get a little annoying at times i still like her somewhat. Her personality is definitely more interesting than Ringo's..

Another one i didn't expect would make me feel this way is Wake Up, Girls!

This takes a very different approach to the idol theme and adds much more drama to it. But not random drama where there's some antagonist like in idolm@ster but rather realistic drama. I feel like i'm watching the actual struggles of the group and i start having emotions for them. Especially episode 2 where they forced the girls into that awful job i really felt for them. Though i do think the show seems to try and give us fanservice it does approach the drama topic quite well for an idol show

tumblr_mzvg5aEnEM1scnjqfo2_250.gif

This show is cute, has romance (somewhat), a loli, and no excessive ecchi :')

By the way, I always considered Nagisa (Clannad) to be quite chubby <3

Approved, this is a nice show, it's funny, has romance and a light story.

Refreshing to watch.

What I would like to add regarding Nourin was the horrible music during the entire 3rd episode ... god it was irritating ... so much potential destroyed in 10 minutes ... couldn't watch the 10 last ...too painful

tumblr_mzvg5aEnEM1scnjqfo2_250.gif

This show is cute, has romance (somewhat), a loli, and no excessive ecchi :')

By the way, I always considered Nagisa (Clannad) to be quite chubby <3

Indeed that show is quite refreshing. Reminds me a lot of Seto no Hanayome which if you haven't seen you SHOULD because it's romcom gold.

Kobeni has been one of my favorite girls this season. She's just cute i like her simplicity somehow. I don't know why though.

One would think i'd be into Mashiro but nope i grew fond of Kobeni..

I wouldn't consider Nagisa chubby she's pretty much like most anime girls but that's just me.

Another show i really am enjoying is Nisekoi because those fights between the gorilla girl and the protag are just hilarious.

I don't know, she has a chubby waist in my eyes, and it's cute xD (although maybe I just see all Clannad characters like that). I've been reading a manga that has a chubby protagonist too, it's cute.

I haven't seen Seto no Hanayome yet D;

I'm not enjoying Nisekoi as much, thanks to a friend that spoiled me everything until the last updated chapter (manga). Even so, it's not like it's boring me, it's pretty fun.

Also, Kobeni best girl (although her sister pisses me off for some reason xD)

I don't know, she has a chubby waist in my eyes, and it's cute xD (although maybe I just see all Clannad characters like that). I've been reading a manga that has a chubby protagonist too, it's cute.

I haven't seen Seto no Hanayome yet D;

I'm not enjoying Nisekoi as much, thanks to a friend that spoiled me everything until the last updated chapter. Even so, it's not like it's boring me, it's pretty fun.

Also, Kobeni best girl (although her sister pisses me off for some reason xD)

Anyone who hasn't seen Seto no Hanayome doesn't know what a real romantic comedy is. Go do it now. 

It was the only romcom so far that has made me laugh every single episode.

Yay someone that also agrees Kobeni is best girl this winter

a2Rh088.gif

That OP <3

Does it have a romance ending or just an open-comedy one? If it's the first one, I'll watch it right away xD

Ehhhh it kind of does but don't expect a kiss scene.

The formula is the same as mikakunin de shinkoukei with the whole arranged marriage thing thus the protagonist and female lead are already tied from the beginning and then start developing feelings. Sounds pretty generic but it's mostly a hilarious romantic comedy.

i was not expecting anything for my taste

i saw Pupa and thought this might be great, and yes, i could be great if it was 20min long. i checked it anyways and it was just a weird horror-kinda show, but i wont be watching cuz its way to short and random

the next one that cought my attention was Sakura Trick. i like lesbians so why not. and this is the only show im watching from this season. well the story and everthing is pretty generic and kinda boring but since its yuri im fine with it being boring

even though i used to listen to Super Sonico and wished that she was a vocaloid i wont be watching the show

as for the ovas i havnt checked them out yet

The bouncing b's make this gif impossible to ignore xD

Gonna check seto no hayanome as recommended then.

Not even a kiss... Uguh, must fight my inner desire to drop it already, such a bad habit. I'll give it a shot!

I hope both of you enjoy it. I just think Seto no Hanayome is a classic for anyone that likes romantic comedies.

It managed to do what i hardly find in romcoms nowadays: Make me laugh out loud and enjoy every single episode and keep me wanting more. Not just from the romance but every character overall. Each episode is a blast really.

If you like slapstick comedy and laughing your ass off then this is for you. Plus it has a romance plot included.

Hoozuki no Reitetsu remains my favorite new show of the season so far, I'm really enjoying it.  Thursday is now the day of my most awaited shows with Hoozuki, Kill la Kill(and Community, on the american sitcom side!) Also watching Pupa on that day as well.  The short episodes thing makes it kinda weird, but I think it could turn out to be interesting in the long run.  Still pretty creepy.  Also, about Kill la Kill, what's up with the shining nipples? LOL

Other than that Tonari no Seki-kun has had some funny moments, I liked the desk polishing episode.  A friend of mine recommended Noragami, from the first two episodes it looks interesting.  Nisekoi has been entertaining so far, though not particularly memorable yet.  I still haven't gathered the motivation to watch the latest Chuu2 episode though.

Same, but Sakura trick is my first Yuri fan service anime ... so it's kinda special ... but at the same time, yeah, there's a lot better.

I mean cute girls and kisses and stuff is nice and cosy but it's not going to go anyhere. Still cute enough to watch though.

And mahou senjou ... meh.

Watched Nourin ... I is very disappoint

I admit that I'm still watching Mahosen because that Mui girl is really cute (/u\)...

I dropped Sakura Trick after only one episode, unfortunately. The yuri seems really light hearted instead of being a serious exploration of homosexuality. Sorry, didn't mean to act all intellectual there XD. I found the comedic value to be a bit meh as well, so yeah.

Yeah I agree with you. It's a pretty nice change to find the opposite of what usually happens and instead we have the heroine protecting the protaganist. Unique. I do kinda wish that the heroine will show some sort of emotion later on though lol. All the other series are good/great too.

I have no doubt (assuming the writer knows what's up) that she will show some emotions later on. The longer they hold out, the higher that charm factor is when she finally does. There's already been a few moments where I thought oh it would be nice if she at least smiled here :).

Just started watching Inori Kon Kon today,I gotta say it gave the same vibe as the manga. *given that I'm probably the only one here who read them before*.

Sumizome is way too cute!~and Inori ...well...still short.

I wonder if it's only 13 episode then it would much likely cover only 13-20 chapters in the manga.