Winter 2014 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

So I just watched Sakura trick ... and I grinned during the whole episode ...

I feel like a pervert ... I want the next episode.

But hold your cows everyone !

Today was released Nourin !

And it's AWESOME, give it a try,

it's really funny,

there is fan service but not too much so it's not bothering me,

It's unconventional,

and characters are great ! (There is even a dogsquirrelkangouroo pet in this !)

So I just watched Sakura trick ... and I grinned during the whole episode ...

I feel like a pervert ... I want the next episode.

But hold your horses everyone !

Today was released Nourin !

And it's AWESOME, give it a try,

it's really funny,

there is fan service but not too much so it's not bothering me,

It's unconventional,

and characters are great ! (There is even a dogsquirrelkangouroo pet in this !)

Sakura trick was okay, although it felt like watching a 4-koma (don't know if it has a manga like that xD)

And I'm going to watch Nourin, I just hope the heroine isn't the typical airhead or something like that :c

This season feels like it'll be great.

Noragami was fun.  That girl will hopefully continue being really entertaining.

Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta had a really neat setting.  Unfortunately, I wasn't particularly interested in anything beyond that.

D-Frag came out of nowhere and blew me away.  I hope mc's buddies play a big role.

Hamatora looked like it'd be good, but that first episode left a sour taste in my mouth with those kidnappings.  Didn't go away all day.  Blargh.

Chu-2 was hugely disappointing.  Not bad, but not incredibly amazing like it had to be.  And Nibutani is so hooge now.

Mikakunin de Shinkoukei is probably my favorite show this season.

Nagi no Asukara is still good.  And it made the loli route viable.  Chisaki still so pretty.

Hoozuki no Reitetsu is kind of worth watching.  I'll probably get bored with it, though.

Sakura Trick was good.  But then I realized I didn't like yuri that much.

Nourin could've been great.  Could've been a delightful school life in the country with a character that just so happens to like an idol, but no~

I freaking hate idols.  If mc realizes idol isn't what he hoped and ends up with country girl, great show.

Log Horizon is still worth watching.  

Witch Craft Works was alright.  I've never been fond of strong girls, but the bunnies.

Tonari no Seki-kun and Onee-chan ga Kita are both short bursts of fun.  One is very much better than the other.

If she turns out to be some tsundere i'm so done.

Please don't make her a Tsundere. .·´¯`(>▂<)´¯`·.

I freaking hate idols.  If mc realizes idol isn't what he hoped and ends up with country girl, great show.

Y u heff to b mad :3 ?

Everybody knows the childhood friend is thrown to garbage in the end ... (And some times it's such a waste)

It's what I love and hate in romance shows, the triangle thing, cause it makes great comedy, but it feels so bad in the end.

Most of the time they either forget about one of the girls or make her accept it (one day she wakes up and says "oh well never mind")

Please Nourin, over come all of this and become great *_*

At least i'm not the only one thinking Mahou Sensou (Magical Warfare) Is a freaking Shana clone. Heck the protagonist immediately reminded me of Shana. Like i said this show is eiher a hit or a miss and so far it's a miss. Random stuff happening with no explanation and everyone gaining magic powers. The one girl whose breasts suddenly exploded really made me facepalm..

Also the fact that Chuunibyou Ren completely ditched the first season's drama made me pretty mad because i was expecting some more serious romance development this time around.

And getting really tired of the "non blood related" thing as well but for different reasons.

Though i disagree with this guy in a lot of things opinions are opinions. I still like the shows i like and i still love getting nosebleeds over moe stuff.

I wonder how old i need to be or how many anime i need to watch to start disliking school settings.

Finally had a bit of time to watch anime so of course I started with Sakura Trick. Everyone's already posted tons of nosebleed pics so I'm not even going to bother.  :P

By everyone i'm assuming you meant my nosebleed spree  :ph34r:

Pretty much my thoughts. I hate where the anime industry is going now...

I don't know if the guy thinks he's funny or not ... or if he's just frustrated by something ...

I didn't really care about what he said, but I felt sad for him.

"oh school ! ermagerd schools again => shit" That's pretty much how his brain works.

I don't know if he's an anime fan, obviously not, but i'm happy he won't get to watch anything.

If he gives an interesting opinion about why he doesn't like something (which is not possible in 20 seconds) then maybe it could have be somehow relevant (or not, just criticizing is pretty stupid).

God I lost 10 minutes of my life watching this ***** guy talking shit about something he obviously doesn't like.

I'm not happy ...

At least i'm not the only one thinking Mahou Sensou (Magical Warfare) Is a freaking Shana clone. Heck the protagonist immediately reminded me of Shana. Like i said this show is eiher a hit or a miss and so far it's a miss. Random stuff happening with no explanation and everyone gaining magic powers. The one girl whose breasts suddenly exploded really made me facepalm..

Also the fact that Chuunibyou Ren completely ditched the first season's drama made me pretty mad because i was expecting some more serious romance development this time around.

And getting really tired of the "non blood related" thing as well but for different reasons.

Though i disagree with this guy in a lot of things opinions are opinions. I still like the shows i like and i still love getting nosebleeds over moe stuff.

I wonder how old i need to be or how many anime i need to watch to start disliking school settings.

By everyone i'm assuming you meant my nosebleed spree  :ph34r:

I think I saw someone else posting nosebleed pics... I might be wrong though, I haven't been paying close attention to this thread. :P

I don't know if the guy thinks he's funny or not ... or if he's just frustrated by something ...

I didn't really care about what he said, but I felt sad for him.

"oh school ! ermagerd schools again => shit" That's pretty much how his brain works.

I don't know if he's an anime fan, obviously not, but i'm happy he won't get to watch anything.

If he gives an interesting opinion about why he doesn't like something (which is not possible in 20 seconds) then maybe it could have be somehow relevant (or not, just criticizing is pretty stupid).

God I lost 10 minutes of my life watching this ***** guy talking shit about something he obviously doesn't like.

I'm not happy ...

I respect opinions. If he doesn't like it he doesn't. I NEVER let anyone else's opinion influence mine.

I still LOVE Imocho and Sakura Trick and no one will ever be able to change that.

I think the biggest mistake he made was judging an entire anime based entirely on the first episode. Saying it'll be forgettable etc. without knowing what'll happen is pretty silly. You can have first impressions but you can't make these types of conclusions. It's a falacy known as hasty generalisation. You can't deny logic

For example I hated Nagi no Asukara's beggining. It was god awful but right now after

the time jump

It completely piked my interest a lot more and i'm eager to watch it now more than i was before.

*sneaks in with another one*

iby1c7F6UTeokK.gif

watching Sakura trick right now tho (im alittle behind :3)

Once you're done you'll understand the nosebleeds.

There are some things that you just don't like, for me are those anime were they're all girls doing nothing, so I can drop them after watching just one episode xD but yeah, that guy didn't express his opinion the right way D; I don't remember ever saying those shows are "shit" like he does, I just don't like them ;u;

Yeah I tend to overreact to ^^

I'll ignore him and his 900 frustrated subscribers (if you are, please stop)

I mean the guy doesn't like school life, okay fine, but there is no need to say it 1000 times. We understand.

I don't mind this kind of humor WHEN the end finishes on a positive note.

There making a constructive comment and criticizing.

We have a french youtuber who does this kind of thing and he's amazingly popular but his videos always end of pointing out the good parts, because there are, nothing is purely horrible (well maybe a few). Therefor you finish on a nice note and don't get my hatred.

But that was a little off topic.

Only good point was about the characters not reacting how they should in Mahou Sensou and the hat trick explanations about magic that made little sense.

*Now i'm calm ... peace *

After you finish watching this.Then we'll  see about that

I'll call this, the 10 drawings anime.

Cause they made 10 drawings, and moved the mouth and hair.

But come one, there are colors !

His whole Youtube channel is anime related. He is a fan of anime that are well written and have thematic depth to them. Such as Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Evangelion, Monster, etc. His target audience are anime fans who have "good taste", at least his subjective view of good taste. I personally agree with his views as works that get you to think and question life are a lot more valuable than 20 minutes of shallow entertainment that gets forgotten. Also the poor guy is a reviewer and he does watch a lot of these poorly written cliched anime to get his point across that the quality of anime has been going in a down trend for a while now.

His whole Youtube channel is anime related. He is a fan of anime that are well written and have thematic depth to them. Such as Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Evangelion, Monster, etc. His target audience are anime fans who have "good taste", at least his subjective view of good taste. I personally agree with his views as works that get you to think and question life are a lot more valuable than 20 minutes of shallow entertainment that gets forgotten. Also the poor guy is a reviewer and he does watch a lot of these poorly written cliched anime to get his point across that the quality of anime has been going in a down trend for a while now.

The issue is, there's no point in shitting over anime that never even tried to be deep/mature/whatever.

There are tons of anime that tried to rip off Evangelion. Most of them failed miserably and were indeed crap.

However, how can you attack something like Nobunagun (for example) under the pretext that the plot is stupid when it's the whole point of the show: bringing you entertainment, nice fights, etc?

Anime is a visual medium, and as such a good anime doesn't necessarily have to tackle deep themes and philosophical issues. Giving you thrills is way enough.

The kind of anime you're looking for keeps being produced. Every year or every two years there will be one. That's about how often an industry this size can pull out a masterpiece of that kind, and for each of those, tons of other anime will try to be that and will be crap. If that's not enough, you can look for it in other media.

However, anime doesn't sum up to only that. There are tons of shows that never try to do that, instead trying to convey fun, entertainment, thrills, relaxation, emotions. And guess what? Several of them do it successfully. Watching those expecting deep/mature stuff and calling it crap because you didn't get what could never have been there is ruining your own pleasure.

tl;dr, know what to expect of an anime before watching it, and don't complain that things never meant to be there, aren't there.

Trashing Tonari no Seki-kun when the sole purpose of it is to be silly and not have an actual point isn't really critique it's just him expressing how he doesn't like it but put himself through it for no reason just to bash it later. That's not critique. If anything Tonari no Seki-kun is a short series with little plot about a guy that is bored in class and does silly things. That's all the anime is trying to do and it does it well. You have to judge an anime for what it's trying to be/do not what you want it to be.

There's anime like this being produced because some people enjoy it. There's not always going to be deep stuff and i don't know why he's expecting it when you can clearly tell just from the synopsis that it's not going to be deep or have what he's expecting.

Look at Saki for example all he said was "lesbian lolis playing mahjong". That's nothing helpful and just shows bad sides to it. There's the whole friendship plot  and the relationships between the characters which are nice to see but he doesn't seem to want to get that far. Not saying it's the best thing ever but it's not a show about "naked girls in the bath on the first episode" and "girls being turned into c*m dumpsters" as he states several times.

You don't have to like an anime but you don't need to use it as a punching bag for your frustration.

The "poor" guy is not being forced to watch anything. If anything he's just being a masochist.

Imocho ? can't find it, what's the actual name ?

Saikin, Imouto no Yousu ga Chotto Okashiinda ga

or in english: Recently, My Little Sister Is Unusual