Spoiler Fate Stay night( Do not read if you don't want it to be spoiled )

Darood

Did the h-scence between Saber, shirou and Toshaka ruined the romance between shirou and saber for you? It did for me, in fact it made me angry. I put so much time into this expecting awesome character development and how Saber's feelings for shirou would change them as a person.  All I got was a typical h scence. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a prude as I'm your typical teenage guy but the romance died when Toshaka started getting involved. Did the h-scene annoy you? If so can you explain why, I'm interested to hear your views.

I guess my expectations were too high. I watched the anime, savouring the relationship between Saber and Shirou but the h-scence where they were escaping Ilyia ruined it. In fact I'm tempted just to quit(I'm on shiro's route). I'm really interested in hearing your views and opinion so please drop a reply.

I suggest to enjoy the two first arc's to ignore the H-scenes.

I had the same feeling as you.

Just ignore it and pretend that nothing happened (that what they do to by the way ^^")

But way, you heard the explaination :

Gotta recharge that magical energy ! *facepalm*

Sex =/= romance. I don't think Tohsaka being there in this scene had any relevance in their relationship.

Though tbh, I didn't read F/SN for the romance.

Unlimited Blade Works and Heavens feel, are they different routes than  Shirou's route? I keep hearing those terms but I'm too frightful to google it in case it spoils something.

Basically, what you're playing right now is Saber's route. After you complete it, you'll unlock choices that will allow you to play UBW, which is Rin's route. After that you'll again unlock the possibility to go into Heaven's Feel, which is Sakura's route. Both are, plot-wise, better than the Fate route (which is the one that was adapted into anime).

Yeah, she wants the D ... King Arthur huh ?

But Wasn't Unlimited blade works the route that was animated ? I didn't watch but talking with people who did it seemed that way  :huh:

I guess you're right mae but even if  I skip it the image remains in my head. What attracted me to fate stay night was how strong Saber was now that is gone I feel lost /: I love visual novels with strong female characters, a rarity that I acknowledge. My god do not get me started on Yuele from Kamidori Alchemist  Meister, I gave up on that. Why is it that all strong female characters become weak and cliche in visual novels?  It usually ends with them wanting the D. Wouldn't it be a better idea if the weaker male protagonist became a badass, inspired by the strong female? I don't mean becoming all Goku but becoming level headed and strong socially instead of the CLICHE NICE GUY

Wouldn't it be a better idea if the weaker male protagonist became a badass, inspired by the strong female? I don't mean becoming all Goku but becoming level headed and strong socially instead of the CLICHE NICE GUY

Well, there are a couple of VNs where the main character is inspired/relies on women who don't suddenly turn into delicate flowers who want nothing but to get some dicking, right now. Steins;Gate, Muv Luv Unlimited/Alternative (yes, despite the fanservice suits), 999, G-Senjou (for the most part) and maybe Ryukishi07's stuff come to mind.

Wouldn't it be a better idea if the weaker male protagonist became a badass, inspired by the strong female? I don't mean becoming all Goku but becoming level headed and strong socially instead of the CLICHE NICE GUY

That's kind of what happens in UBW

Yeah, she wants the D ... King Arthur huh ?

But Wasn't Unlimited blade works the route that was animated ? I didn't watch but talking with people who did it seemed that way  :huh:

The TV series followed Fate with a couple nods to the other two routes, UBW was made into an animated movie. There is another TV series in the works which some believe is supposed to follow Heaven's Feel.

i actually didn't mind that scene . it wasn't romantic but it wasn't written to be romantic it was utilitarian they had a desperate situation on there hand and circumstances involved caused rin to force shiros bitch ass to actually do what needed to be done rather than over complicating it with emotion concerns.

I'm not a prude as I'm your typical teenage guy but the romance died when Toshaka started getting involved.

"I'm not x, but..." statements are usually followed by something that an x-person would say. Just sayin'. ;)

But yeah, that h-scene was annoying to say the least.

Darood,

Did you finish the Fate route yet, or are you still playing?  The route itself addresses (in part) your frustration.  Saber and Shirou have to grow (a lot) after that first h-scene, and their relationship (both as master/servant (non-romantic), and as lovers) grows substantially.

One thing we have in common is we found strong female leads to be one of the most appealing aspects of the game.  As you continue in the Fate route (as well as in UBW and HF), I think you'll find (as did I) that relationship issues (like having Rin in the first h-scene) is part of a running commentary on war, and not because the story is minimizing the women or their relationships. The authors work hard to put redeeming, intimate scenes later in the arcs, but use early content to stress the dire circumstances of the HGW. (I'm not a fan of h-scenes, and a lot of people hate F/SN's h-scenes, but the narrative intent is there)

My advice is to not get discouraged.  I lean pretty heavily towards feminism, and while F/SN has its problems, Shirou and Saber do grow to have a quality relationship.  Don't give up on them yet.

As most people have been saying, I recommend you continue reading FS/N! Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven's Feel are really really good and will probably leave you a little broken inside. Personally, the Fate route was my least favorite but even so, there is no way that route is in anyway bad. The other 2 routes are just that good! (Btw, Heaven's Feel, i feel has a lot of unnecessary H-scenes>_<)

Hey Darood, I feel with you. I had the same reaction to this scene - totally found me off-guard because of its OOC. I honestly didn't expect anything like that so "early" in the game and under these circunstances, being chased and what not. I am currently put the game on hold and started another one to get these Images out of my mind. Skipping those scenes is nice but the frustration of its uselessness stays in my mind.

Hey Darood, I feel with you. I had the same reaction to this scene - totally found me off-guard because of its OOC. I honestly didn't expect anything like that so "early" in the game and under these circunstances, being chased and what not. I am currently put the game on hold and started another one to get these Images out of my mind. Skipping those scenes is nice but the frustration of its uselessness stays in my mind.

I totally saw it coming. Too bad you put it on hold, if you put the unreasonable h-content aside F/SN is close to a masterpiece imo.

I totally saw it coming. Too bad you put it on hold, if you put the unreasonable h-content aside F/SN is close to a masterpiece imo.

Don't worry. I will continue it sometime. The rest of the story so far was excellent. And that is what counts for me.