Hello~!

cloudy12

Hi, my name is Cloudy and I'm from Canada /waves. I hope you'll welcome this VN noob /O\. I was hestiant if I wanted to introduce myself at first because I'm more of a lurker than a contributor but I decided I may as well.

I'm more of an anime person than a VN person (My MAL and vndb are under the same username). I only started playing visual novels this year (March-Aprilish). I've always wanted to play VN's for a few years now but it wasn't until I found out how I can access them and a push from my friend that I actually sat down and started to play. My first visual novel is Little Busters! (still haven't finished it btw D:). I'm very slow at games and since then I've only completed <5 VN's and currently playing idk how many (I'm the type of person who likes to start many at once before completing one because I don't want to finish them and miss them afterwards). My top favourites so far are Little Busters! (this will have a spot in my heart), G-Senjou no Maou, and Umineko (currently playing Chiru). Ef and Da Capo II are up there as well.

Since this is a VN forum, I was wondering what VN would you recommend I play? I'm currently playing through VN's that I've already seen the anime of (i.e LB!, Clannad, Ef, etc.) but I want to branch out to other series as well, series that never got an adaptation yet. I already read the top 50 list someone made on fuwanovel and have a to-play list on vndb but I don't know where to start. Any recommendations would be nice, thank you~

I'll try to input my thoughts on the forum as much as I can, most unlikely but anyways, yoroshiku onegaishimasu! >.< (I notice that I also like to type alot so I apologize for the long introduction D:)

Welcome to the forums! A fellow Canadian, eh?

You can link your MAL and VNDB in your profile instead of using your signature, also your VNDB link seems to be broken. :P

I'll just give you my usual recommendations: Ever17 and Steins;Gate, even if you've already watched the anime, Higurashi is set in the same universe as Umineko and is also really good, and Kanon, Air, Planetarian, Rewrite are by the same people who made Clannad and Little Busters (Key), and Symphonic Rain is similar to Key stuff, although it's made by other people.

Enjoy your stay! :)

Thank you everyone for the welcome! and sieghartXx for game recommendations XD.

I noticed that mangagamer is having a holiday sale (thanks for the info on facebook btw!) and I want to buy World End Economica but I've never actually paid to play a VN before. Two questions, 1.) Is economica episode 1 a good game and 2.) Is the game translated in english (can't read/understand japanese that well)?. I just buy it and install it onto my computer and play right?? >//<

Thank you everyone for the welcome! and sieghartXx for game recommendations XD.

I noticed that mangagamer is having a holiday sale (thanks for the info on facebook btw!) and I want to buy World End Economica but I've never actually paid to play a VN before. Two questions, 1.) Is economica episode 1 a good game and 2.) Is the game translated in english (can't read/understand japanese that well)?. I just buy it and install it onto my computer and play right?? >//<

Mangagamer's visual novels are in english, just buy, install, play.