Favorite Anime Voice Actors: Can be Subbed or Dubbed.

Meanpandabomba

Voice actors  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care about voice actors?

• yes
    • no

This poll is closed to new votes

...3 posts above...you are doing it on purpose right?

I'll never never forgive you for forgetting Mayuri.

Uhhh, I watched Steins;Gate while half asleep, so the entire time I was in that hallucination period before actual sleep, and therefore I don't really remember the show at all.  All I DO remember was that the BGM Fake Verthandi sounded like a Zelda song, and there was a scene where the girl who had the hat was in a desolate wasteland.  

Seriously, I should go back and watch it, but considering I'll probably read the VN before then, its probably never going to happen unless someone else forces me to watch it with them.

• 4 weeks later...

After watching somewhat around 130 Animes I recognize quite a lot voice actors when watching Anime.

What a fun to realize that Hiroshi Kamiya is Izaya from Durarara, Araragi from Monogatari series, Shinji from Fate, Levi from AoT and now Junichirou from Denpa Kyoushi.

Or Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Kirito from SAO, Sora from No Game no life, Lubbock from Akame ga kill, Arata from Trinity Seven and Tomoya from Saekano.

Or Yuichi Nakamura as Tomoya from Clannad, Greed from FMA and Kadota from Durarara.

Or Hikaru Midorikawa as Kyousuke from Little Busters, Yoshino from Clannad and Lancer from Fate.

It´s amusing to imagine a voice actors other characters switching place with each other. Sometimes I look up voice actors even before starting an Anime.

Do you care about voice actors?

I'm currently boarding the TsundeRie hype train.

Shana, Luise, Nagi, Taiga and.. Alphonse? She also had some interesting roles, though I´m not all too fond of her. But that´s more precisely because I find that tsundere-archetype to be too annoying.

Only sporadically do I recognize a voice when I'm watching an anime, and very rarely do I go look up the voice actor's name on MAL. Regardless of how much attention I give to the voice actors, their efforts are very much appreciated because they are responsible for bringing the characters to life (apart from the art) and doing their part to allow the viewer to emotionally connect and care to a certain extent about the characters.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It took me a while to realise that one of the reasons I fell for characters when I started watching anime was as much to do with the voice actresses as it was the dialogue, plot, execution etc. I'm now aware that good VAs can take a decent show and make it exceptional, pushing up my ratings of it 1 or 2 out of 10 just on the voice acting alone. The more I've understood Japanese, the more I've noticed it. I've found myself recently looking for shows based on the voice actresses involved.

While there are lots of notable mentions, there are 3 voices which in my opinion are the epitome of what I like to hear in voice acting and wondered if others felt the same way or had their own favourites.

1. Yui Horie - no one who has been watching anime for more than a few years would have gotten by without hearing her voice at least once. I was first exposed to her as Naru Narusegawa in Love Hina and that show was life changing probably mostly because of her. She has the most amazing uplifting sweet melodic voice that is heartwarming in almost every role she's played. I'm not really a fan of her singing but that's just the "machine" working on her popularity and just what VAs do. When she played herself in "Seiyuu's life" she was made out to be quite a simple plain person in real life which doesn't surprise me. She's also one of the older VAs so the roles she's doing are less and less the cute young characters. She's recently been in... well almost everything.

2. Saori Hayami - the sexiest voice. The slight huskiness in her voice really makes it. I'd heard her a few times but really started looking for shows with her voice in it after hearing her in Oregairu. Just listening to her gives me a boner. Her most recent role is as Shirayuki in Snow White with the Red Hair.

3. Kana Hanazawa - the sweetest voice. Slight cracking in her voice gives her an innocent quality which makes it loveable. Fell for her voice after hearing her in Nisekoi. Her most recent role was as Akane in Castle Town Dandelion.

There are lots of other notables that others will no doubt mention (Shizuka Itou, Rie Kugimiya etc.), but they don't really float my boat the same way. Do you have a favourite list or have you not thought about it like this before?