Favorite Anime Voice Actors: Can be Subbed or Dubbed.

Meanpandabomba

Voice actors  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care about voice actors?

• yes
    • no

This poll is closed to new votes

Maaya Sakamoto - Love her VA roles as Loli-Vampire-Shinobu and Shiki Ryougi.

Jouji Nakata - A voice suitable for any badass character, whether it be Alucard or Kirei. Definitely one of my favorites.

Crispin Freeman - Probably one of the most versatile English VAs I've heard. He did a great job as Alucard and Kyon.

Chris Patton - Loved his role as Tatsuhiro in Welcome to the NHK.

Yuuichi Nakamura - Fantastic performance from him as Tomoya in Clannad. He also did a great job as the main antagonist of the BlazBlue video game series: Hazama.

Saito Chiwa - Dat voice. I bet phone-sex with her would be awesome.

• 4 months later...

Let's talk about your favourite Seiyuus, i.e. Voice Actors. They are the wonderful master race that enliven the animes of this world.! And there's sure to be your favourite Seiyuu! I'll start. My favourite Seiyuus are:

1st! Hiroshi Kamiya. Notable Characters are Araragi Koyomi from Monogatari series, Otonashi Yuzuru from Angel Beats! And Orihara Izaya from Durarara.

2nd! Miyuki Sawashiro. As Kanbaru Shrugs from Monogatari Series, Celty Sturluson from Durarara and Kurapika from HxH.

3rd! Kana Hanazawa. As Tachibana Kanade in Angel Beats! , Sonohara Anri from Durarara and Onodera Kosaki from Nisekoi.

Ps: if there is a similar topic, pls merge or Smth.

Favorite Seiyuu?

....... hmmm,..........

i think is Satomi Arai

the voice not feminine enough or any kawaii spec or any  personalized detail (Tsundere, Yandere or other)

but,.......

Satomi Arai's voice .....

is only seiyuu i like without any reason ..... i guess is my favorite 4ewYm.gif

(PS: when i watch anime, i can tell if the character is Satomi Arai's voice or not)

1st place: Kana Ueda - has such a sultry voice imo, and has a huge range of moods. Does not seem to suffer from monotone acting. Plus, Tohsaka Rin. <3

2nd place: Whoever voiced Sakura Yoshino in Da Capo 2 (VN) - in the more serious scenes (not spoiling), some of her voice acting brought me close to tears, emotionally. :kosame: (or an outright flood, depending on the scene).

I don't pay attention to VA's unless they play a part in the musical portion of the show.  I honestly don't recognize them most of the time.  The only ones I do are Kana Hanazawa because Oreimo and Shin Sekai Yori soundtracks that I own, and Taketatsu Ayana, again from Oreimo soundtrack.  My favorite thing to do to taunt my friend is point out in any show he watches about how it's connected to Oreimo because he despises it and claims he will never do anything connected with it.

Norio Wakamoto, he's just the voice of :

- Cell

- Alexander Anderson (Hellsing Ultimate)

- Oda Nobunaga (Sengoku Basara)

- Deus Ex Machine (Mirai Nikki)

- Charles di Brittania (Code Geass)

- Shuren (Hokuto no Ken)

- Yoshimitsu (Soul Calibur 4)

- Johnny (Guilty Gear)

- Kage Maru (Virtua Fighter)

- Xemnas (Kingdom Hearts 2)

- Dictator (Street fighter)

- Winters Sokaro (D. gray-man)

- Gambino (Berserk) and more, wayy more...

I don't pay attention to VA's unless they play a part in the musical portion of the show.  I honestly don't recognize them most of the time.  The only ones I do are Kana Hanazawa because Oreimo and Shin Sekai Yori soundtracks that I own, and Taketatsu Ayana, again from Oreimo soundtrack.  My favorite thing to do to taunt my friend is point out in any show he watches about how it's connected to Oreimo because he despises it and claims he will never do anything connected with it.

I recently started to get more interested in VA so I guess I can find my favourites.

Male: Yuichi Nakamura - He has some really nice roles with Tomoya, Gray or Greed (FMAB) and managed to make all of them sound cool and kinda badass. He´s also got a good singing voice, which I noticed in Gray´s character Songs.

Hikaru Midorikawa - It´s pretty easy to notice him because he just has this kind of epic leader voice (especially as Yoshino in Clannad or Kyousuke in LB!). Also as Lancer in Fate/Zero he was rememberable AND he was the only male voice to make it into YuruYuri what I consider a major achievement :bow:.

Tomokazu Sugita - Kyon, the guy who showed us how to think in tsukkomis;  Gintoki, the king of trolls, laziness, and awesome speeches. It just didn´t felt right without him in this list.

Female: Ayana Taketatsu - Azusa (K-on), Ayumi (TWGOK), Koneko (DxD), Kotori (Date A Live), Suguha (SAO); this list alone is already giving me nosebleed because she voices a lot of totally cute characters and does a nice job in characterizing them.   And Azusa. Just writing her name would have been enough for topping this list :wafuu:

Kana Hanazawa - Ok, she has already been mentioned a few times but is that really enough honor for her? :illya: She is a real win with her shy but sweet voice (Shiori, Kanade) and also with her different roles like Mikan or Mayuri she manages is to make them feel alive.

So I don't know many Japanese voice actors, so favorite English voice actors:

- Luci Christian. She has amazing range - Inaba in Kokoro Connect, Honey in Ouran High, Medusa in Soul Eater, the narrator in Ookami-san. She is excellent in all of those, and they all sound completely different. She's one of the few voice actors who I hear a lot, and recognize those voices a lot, but I still get surprised to see her name in the credits. Oddly, though I love the Clannad dub, her role as Nagisa there isn't my favorite... but she's amazing.

- Brittney Karbowski. Just an intensely likable voice. I especially like her as Ayu in Kanon and as Misaka in Railgun/Index, though she has many many many more roles (she seems to be Sentai's favorite these days, to which I have no objections whatsoever). Total opposite of Luci Christian in one way: the moment I hear her voice, I recognize it.

- Andrew Love. You should watch Clannad dubbed just so you can see how amazingly he kills the role of Akio. Even if the rest of the dub were mediocre (and it's actually pretty good), he alone would make it a must-watch dub.

- J Michael Tatum. Awesome as Okarin in Steins;Gate and Lawrence in Spice and Wolf.

- Greg Ayres. Yes, I'm serious. Mostly because he's Sunohara. It took me a long time to get used to that voice, but once I did, it became oddly comforting and right. I like his role in many other shows as well, though I can't stand him as Masato in Little Busters...

I do know approximately one Japanese voice actress that I really like, though she was already mentioned: Kana Ueda, mostly because I love MariMite (so much so that I went right back to S1E1 after finishing the show the first time). I'm debating taking my MariMite DVDs to Sakuracon next month to get her to autograph them :D