My toaster and me want to say hi!

LuxÆterna

Hi, I'd like to start saying how happy I am to have found Fuwanovel (again), because one day I was navigating the site(I have an old copy of the Aaeru Guide to Read in 2 years), then another "visualnovelaer not avaible in wordpress" D= and today I am here =).

*Note: I do love parenthesis while writing (and derail too much too often), but feel free to skip them. 

As far as how I was introduced to the wonderful multiverse of VN's, I can say is all thanks to my dear toaster (year 2000 second hand laptop), because I wanted to play games but surely enough it won't run anything complex in 3D, but I wanted to take the best out of it(and every other gadget that I can get my hands on), so I started my quest, and long story short, Narcissu ended up beign installed, finished and loved, that was the moment the technical limitation became the door to a new extremely satisfiying multicultural and useful hobbie (but the impact it's strong enough to keep me from read VN after VN).

But thinking about it now, it's almost like I was training myself to get into VN's(I know it's not but it's funny to think that way), I grew up playing Nintendo games (I like others, but they're my favorites), beign in japanese or english, didn´t care then, the TV got me into Anime (Classic DB/DBZ), and liked music (Instrumental, classic, etc.) since... since I can remember =), got to read manga along the way(not so easily avaible printed) with the benefit that I got to into the story at my own pace, then a VN sounds like "the logical conclusion".

Later came Tsukihime, Saya no Uta, a brief look to the Ren'Py engine tutorial(I liked even that), and few others I can't remember (but VNDB.org can =D), so came the "second logical conclusion", If i want to experience more down the road I need to learn japanese, and Aaeru's guide is and was the first step, but school was a time-consuming so it a looooooooong step.

I'll cut it there (I don't know if there's something left), and say I'd like to be part of the community, I'm pleased to meet you all, if there is something I can help you with I hope I can do it, feel free to ask.

*Note:I'm nervous like if I were introducing myself in front of you.

Helloooooooo there! Welcome to the forums, and I gotta say I dig the screen name.

Thank you, originally I wanted it to be Aeterna alone, but I tought it was a bit missleading (LuxAeterna solves that,...to an extent)

That's interesting to hear how you got into visual novels! Everyone comes to them through their own path~

Anyway, welcome to the forums :)

Thankfully VN's were future proof in this case, and there's a lot to read before I reach a dead-end with this machine, but I hope I can get people around to aproach VN's through a friendlier way (I think with Fuwanovel it's posible)

Welcome to the forums! That's some lengthy and interesting introduction! I had a pentium 2 when I started playing my first VN, so I kinda understand your feelings x'D I hope you enjoy your stay, and accomplish your goal of learning english (something that, I think, a lot of us want to accomplish >u<)

I want to thank you all for the cordial welcome, I gladly accept the offernings beign consumed.. in black flames... ...

Anyway, glad to be here, I have to say, my soul?, as a ticket... why not!, I was sure it was going to be useful someday *deposits soul in it's place feeling like it was the best deal*

...This thing about toasters makes me remember solidbatman's running gag about toaster erotica...

Oh my, that made me laugh, curiosity is a double edged sword when knowledge it's a few clicks away.

And because Fuwa has the word novel in it, sure I'll be around, clicking and reading through the forum routes, in the unique format of it being written everyday, hoping to get the choices right for the good ending.(I'm no looking forward to an end, but we can always have an After if thats the case =))