solidbatman's New Years Giveaway Palooza!

solidbatman

My new year resolution is to actually finish some the VNs/RPGs in my backlog, I have way too many that I haven't finished (PC, PS3, X360, 3DS, WAY too many) ;-;
I also want to be more assertive (or actually, be assertive). I lack initiative and social skills in general so I would like to improve that since I know the way I am is not the best.
Basically, finish games I have stalled and be less anti-social (hah, like that's going to happen. 1 and a half year in uni and still no friends).

My New Years resolution cosists of:

World domination

1 Attempt to progress at learning kanji so i can read VNs in japanese to some degree

2 Find a job

3 Finally pass my highschool math exam which i failed last year

4 Get into computer engineering in college

5 Move out of the house and live with my girlfriend (Requires step 2 and 3)

6 Procastinate less

7 Advance in life

Oh, hmm, New Year's Resolution, huh? To be honest, I was somewhat satisfied with the year as a whole this time around. Resolutions... resolutions... I do suppose that if I get too satisfied with the way things are, I won't be able to improve on anything that needs improvement. Alright, here goes:

1. Finish up with studying Kanji / Learn Japanese

2. Finish VNs that I haven't read yet

3. Manage my time better

4. Finish things that I start

My new year resolution is to finish my backlog of VNs and RPGs, and also to do as many of the lolis on my ever-growing cosplay list that I can afford.

I also want to start cycling along the canal at least once a week, but knowing me that resolve will die half way into January. I don't even have a bike yet. xD

... and getting half-decent GCSEs would be a bonus

Day Two

Keeping it simple today. Mainly because I'm too tired to do the one I want to do today. What was I saying? Word search? No, thats not it. 

Tell me your fondest memory reading a visual novel. 5 points to all who enter within 24 hours. 0 for anything after. -1 points if you ask when the next points update happens. +0 if you dont ask. 

Hidden with spoiler tags for those who haven't played Muv Luv Alternative.

That oh-so-famous moment in Muv Luv Alternative where Marimo gets to be Mami from Madoka before it was cool, courtesy of a soldier-class BETA. Pretty effective way of telling the reader that shit's getting real and separating Alternative from Unlimited, since before that point only two characters had died (Walken and Sagiri) and everything was going well for Takeru, so the stakes didn't feel that high.

In Saya no Uta when everyone dies and the world is covered in a sea of entrails and blood

In Little Busters!

(spoiler tags for people who haven't read it)

Kud route hands down.

When Kud was finally able to return home after being taken away and she says "I'm back" with tears in her eyes and that adorable smile.

I remember holding my arms out IRL to fictionally hug her and i teared because it was such a touching moment after everything she went through. I couldn't help but keep that memory in my head forever.

My fondest memory? It's hard, but I'll choose this:

When I had just finished playing Little Busters!, I was so touched, that I had to share it with anyone. I ended up convincing my sister to watch the whole first season of the anime (at the time, it was beginning to broadcast), and now she want to read before watching ~Refrain~ and already readed a few otome VNs. This can be viewed as something so simple, but, at least to me, it's hard to convince somebody to enter the visual novel universe, and to bring my only sister to my side, my whole family started to get used to several japanese habits.

(Major spoiler, to you that don't readed Little Busters!) To be more especific, the part I'm mencioning

Start when Masato go berserk until the end (highlights to when Kengo is defeated, when the whole story is seen by Kyousuke's eyes and when Riki saves everyone on the bus).

So, I think that was a great memory, that changed somethings in my life, thanks to a great VN.