What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

I'm starting to like Mass Effect. I'm shit at combat and combat is unsatisfactory for some reason and my comrades keep getting incapacitated, but overall it feels like I'm slowly getting through a big, meaty story. I like it.

IS it possibie that The Citadel is a reference to System Shock?

I'm starting to like Mass Effect. I'm shit at combat and combat is unsatisfactory for some reason and my comrades keep getting incapacitated, but overall it feels like I'm slowly getting through a big, meaty story. I like it.

I found the combat in  the first ME to have its own charms, but that's mostly because of a combination of how broken Adept's can be and the harder difficulties. The story is obviously the main appeal. Plus, the vehicle controls are just so damn wonky that its almost fun.

Finally got around to finishing Sleeping Dogs, from when I got it from Games with Gold.  Great GTA clone, I highly recommend it, just don't buy any of the DLC, it's not worth it.

Also started playing Borderlands again.  Playing through as Lilith with a DPS build, focusing mainly on Fire weapons.  Phasewalk is just stupid good once you get the CDR and healing skills.  Almost dead?  Hide for 15 seconds, heal 1/3 of your health, rinse and repeat, and when you're back up to full health, run towards your enemy and, if they're near explosive barrels, enter Phasewalk right next to them.  Boom, they're either dead or heavily wounded, and you have ~6 seconds of invulnerability that you can end early for a good chunk of damage.  So funny.

My brother convinced me to pick Runescape back up. I always valued the charm the game had with its simple point-and-click combat, but the game kinda killed things off for me with EoC. Monsters died faster, but it didn't feel the same. Well, now they've added in a new feature where your abilities are triggered automatically within the 1st 9 slots and you don't have to key them in anymore. :) The specials and ultimates don't trigger automatically, but I don't mind using only 2 buttons. This game is a lot less frustrating to play than it use to be, and skills level a lot faster too. The quests are still the main enjoyment for me (some of them are even voiced).

My brother convinced me to pick Runescape back up. I always valued the charm the game had with its simple point-and-click combat, but the game kinda killed things off for me with EoC. Monsters died faster, but it didn't feel the same. Well, now they've added in a new feature where your abilities are triggered automatically within the 1st 9 slots and you don't have to key them in anymore. :) The specials and ultimates don't trigger automatically, but I don't mind using only 2 buttons. This game is a lot less frustrating to play than it use to be, and skills level a lot faster too. The quests are still the main enjoyment for me (some of them are even voiced).

rofl, I mainly only played that when classic was the main/only version

then stopped around when the new version came up or whatever it was

those days... l0l

What's it entail, anyway? The idea of a Pokemon demo seems kinda weird to me.

Basically, you're thrown in Mossdeep City, choose an overpowered starter, beat some admins and get a Glalie with a megastone.  The Glalie can be transferred to the main game.  After that, you can keep doing random little missions with battles (I've done 6 so far) to transfer items to main game (pokeballs, heartscales, etc.)

Basically, you're thrown in Mossdeep City, choose an overpowered starter, beat some admins and get a Glalie with a megastone.  The Glalie can be transferred to the main game.  After that, you can keep doing random little missions with battles (I've done 6 so far) to transfer items to main game (pokeballs, heartscales, etc.)

Huh. That's actually enough incentive for me to actually play the demo then.

I hadn't planned on it since I would be getting ORAS anyway, and Pokemon is Pokemon, but that Glalie pretty much seals the deal.

EDIT: I missed my chance to say seels the deal.

Edited by nohman

Patch 2.4 is coming out next week for Final Fantasy XIV, probably the biggest and most anticipated patch so far.  The patch includes the ending of the Binding Coil of Bahamut raid, the new class/job Rogue/Ninja and new Primal boss fight Shiva as well as new dungeons Snowcloak Plains, Sastasha Seagrot (Hard), Sunken Temple of Qarn (Hard).

As soon as servers come up I'm starting my non-stop grind to unlocking the newest wing coil and leveling up Ninja to 50, can't wait to compare it's numbers to Monk.

Huh. That's actually enough incentive for me to actually play the demo then.

I hadn't planned on it since I would be getting ORAS anyway, and Pokemon is Pokemon, but that Glalie pretty much seals the deal.

EDIT: I missed my chance to say seels the deal.

250px-363Spheal.png

Just so people know, you can play the demo 10 times and get rewards, the last two being heart scales.  After that you can still play it but there are no more rewards. 

Wait...what?  Do you mean there's no more hours and hours and hours of fletching just to level up your character's main level?  That was what killed my interest in the game.  That, and how they made it impossible to make unbalanced trades.  So frustrating, since a lot of people really wanted to help newbs they knew, but couldn't do it.