A Sky Full of Stars - +18 Restoration [DROPPED]

Infernoplex

4 hours ago, littleshogun said:

PS - Forget to point that apparently Pulltop fans here might be Coldplay fans, seeing that localized title for two of their VNs (Miagete and Umikana) are based on Coldplay songs (A Sky Full of Stars and Adventure of a Lifetime).

:o I actually had to look this up, and damn, you're right! They really have songs by these names. Truly interesting. By the way, Umikana's localized name is free-style and has nothing to do with what the original title says. So they definitely may have been inspired by these Coldplay songs xD

Seriously can you and others stop asking for updates.

I'm sure Infernoplex would share news, when he/she have any news to share, so just be patient until then, like I am. 

You don't see me ask for updates. 

Retranalation with +18 content would be finished in near future, so just wait. 

This VN are readable without +18 content. 

Retranslation would not be finished quicker, no matter how much you ask for update. 

4 minutes ago, Novel21 said:

Seriously can you and others stop asking for updates.

I'm sure Infernoplex would share news, when he/she have any news to share, so just be patient until then, like I am. 

You don't see me ask for updates. 

Retranalation with +18 content would be finished in near future, so just wait. 

This VN are readable without +18 content. 

Retranslation would not be finished quicker, no matter how much you ask for update. 

im pretty sure glad for this project, and enjoy to wait.
yeah i know if a sky full of stars is readable without H scene, and i still put this on the WL cus this project, ofc ill wait.
i never asking here, so i just want to ask, thats all. its forbiden to ask to someone?
pls look if youre mad with someone, dont throw it to me

Edited by MDruidd

21 minutes ago, Novel21 said:

I'm not mad at someone, I'm just sick of people asking update, since you are not the only one. 

So I'm not angry at all:D

nah iknow if you just sick ppl like that.
but i just curious you know, i know if asking update like this rushing to the team, but since i know how inferno talk about something on this thread. so i just ask to him

@Novel21 No need to overreact, I am used to it (but thank you for standing up for me :))

Anyway, I mostly explained the situation in my earlier posts.

@MDruidd The progress is that there is no progress because no TLer. It means that it's still stuck at where it was before: only Hikari done. It will stay that way for the foreseeable future, unless someone finally comes to help me or start another project for it (I was hoping Alka Translations may do it in the end, but who knows...).

43 minutes ago, Jardic47 said:

@Novel21 If you know @Infernoplex, why not ask him/her to do a spreadsheet to show progress like what @eplipswich did with his project. Then most people will stop asking questions about it. 

I kinda had a spreadsheet here before. Well, since all TLers left the project for various reasons, I had no way to update the spreadsheet. So... I could post a monthly spreadsheet update, but it'd stay the same as long as nobody comes to TL. That's the problem, and why I am not using any spreadsheets now. It's pointless. I was contemplating maybe releasing a partial with only Hikari H-scenes done as someone earlier here suggested, and that may happen down the road. We'll see. Ideally, someone would come along and just finish it off. But I guess we don't have such luck ;(

Edited by Infernoplex

1 hour ago, Infernoplex said:

@Novel21 No need to overreact, I am used to it (but thank you for standing up for me :))

Anyway, I mostly explained the situation in my earlier posts.

@MDruidd The progress is that there is no progress because no TLer. It means that it's still stuck at where it was before: only Hikari done. It will stay that way for the foreseeable future, unless someone finally comes to help me or start another project for it (I was hoping Alka Translations may do it in the end, but who knows...).

thanks for giving an update, hope you find TLer for your project. Im sad that cant giving you my hand because dont understand that stuff

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone, I have an announcement to make.

As you may have already seen from from this news here, yes, I did indeed join the Alka fanTL group to help out with their Fine Days translation. Look forward to it since it's coming out soon :)

Also, we plan to finish off the H-scenes restoration for the original Miazora. However, no promises on when that's gonna be. PULLTOP projects are just side projects at Alka, so they aren't the highest priority. That said, I have hopes that by the end of the year there'll be something more concrete about this. We'll see.

That's all :)

I see that Alka decided to work on this as well, so good luck. Also while I just prefer to patch the original version seeing that I remember that the initial restoration patch for Konosora mess the CG viewer badly, if you already find a way to port the CG viewer from the original version along with scene viewer to Steam version then go for it. I'll looking forward to whatever update that we can have at year's end.

Edited by littleshogun

• 1 month later...
Just now, vnboi said:

I know many people probably asked this, but what's the current status on this project?

Sadly, I regret to say it's dead for the foreseeable future. I don't want to go into too much detail right now, but the gist of it is that things changed since my last post here. I got swamped with some things and simply don't have time to work on this project, at least not at the moment.

9 hours ago, tmpracc said:

What about Alka? If you joined them even if you don't work on this anymore will they eventually pick up this?

I can't speak in the name of everyone at Alka, so I can't answer this. What I can say, however, is that if it does happen, it definitely won't be this year. Other things are a priority right now for everyone involved. I can't give you a concrete answer if Alka will or will not work on this eventually. I'll just link you the response from the main TLer of Fine Days here on the related question: https://alkatranslations.com/alka-translations-monthly-status-report-august-2020/#comment-1538

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, nazim10 said:

First of all, congratulations on this release!

But I will not hide my disappointment, in learning that the restoration patch for the original game is dead (concerning alka, anyway) 

It was never 100% confirmed anyway, just a "We're considering it for consistency" thing.

In any other scenario I'd be elated that a fandisc was translated (which is already rare enough, adding on to it being 18+). Unfortunately, MoeNovel took to butchering the original VN so I can't build up any real incentive to read it.

All right, it's about time I say something on the matter of the restoration patch too.

I have to come clean and say that I likely won't be able to finish it either. Aside from the fact that I don't have a TLer interested in doing it, I've also gotten involved in other projects myself. On top of that, I also have real life stuff to deal with. As a result of all of this, I don't exactly have a lot of free time anymore. I understand all the concerns about the censored Moenovel release, and as much as I hate it myself, I sadly can't do anything about it. So in conclusion, someone else will have to finish the restoration patch, assuming anyone with time, energy, and ability shows up. I don't know if the situation will ever change for me, so consider it dead, unless someone else decides to do it.