A Sky Full of Stars - +18 Restoration [DROPPED]

Infernoplex

2 hours ago, Infernoplex said:

@adamstan Thanks for the input. Sorry. I think I've read this discussion before, but somehow I've forgotten about it. Figures. It has been a while ago xD

As for my stance on the matter... I don't think of sex as "cherry on top", even in teenage romances. I mean, we live in a sex-driven world. Even teenagers have sex, especially in this day and age when in all developed countries sex is considered a normal thing. For me, sex in this type of VNs is like a "deeping of the relationship". Granted, the execution of these aren't always flawless, but that doesn't make them any less important in my eyes. Some people will disagree with me here, but I honestly don't feel like VNs that have their H-scenes cut are much better that way. I've seen a fair amount of people that think so, but I really can't agree with that. What's more, I believe in this even more strongly now after I finished reading Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort. I am 100% confident I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much had it not been for the sex. It's objectively a lot weaker romance-wise than Miazora, but I still enjoyed it a lot due to the fun setting and some heroines that I liked. On the other hand, I enjoyed Umikana a lot as well, but at the end, I felt that the lack of an ending H-scenes for each heroine weakened the experience for me a little, despite liking everything about the setting, the cast, and the plot. I still rated it how I would if it had H-scenes, though.

It's not necessary to have sex scenes, but those who write stories with sex scenes will use that as some way of deepening the relationship. Cut away all that and you might not be left with much. It all depends on the game. All ages games from the get-go compensates for this with genuine relationship development which feels more honest and real. At least that's my impression

22 hours ago, Infernoplex said:

Also, I don't agree that H-scenes are a minor part of the experience, but to each their own. Having read recently Koirizo, I can say with full confidence that had it not been for the H-scenes, I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much as I did. I enjoy PULLTOP H-scenes a lot, and I really don't want to skip on that content. Some may call H-scenes in VNs "shoehorned" or whatever, but for me, they're a great part of an experience.

Let me clarify on what I meant by that, I only meant that for this visual novel not others, Konosora is clearly ruined without the H-Scenes and so is The Fruit of Grisaia, both of these rely heavily on the H-Scenes to help with the story.

8 hours ago, Stormwolf said:

Story is pretty ruined, and also a bit bad from the source i think. Everyone saying Hikari route is good and felt romance like needs an head exam. The moenovel operation reduced it to more of a friend route as there was little chemistry and what chemistry it had was.. removed. Saya was better for sure though.

I completely disagree, story is not ruined, not even close and Hikari's route is good but imho all routes are good, not a single route is bad, nothing you say will change my mind on that.

Edited by Shaun

11 hours ago, Shaun said:

Let me clarify on what I meant by that, I only meant that for this visual novel not others, Konosora is clearly ruined without the H-Scenes and so is The Fruit of Grisaia, both of these rely heavily on the H-Scenes to help with the story.

I completely disagree, story is not ruined, not even close and Hikari's route is good but imho all routes are good, not a single route is bad, nothing you say will change my mind on that.

Not trying to change your mind, calm down. Jeez. Im just stating my own thoughts.

Just for the record, I'm not trying to change anyone's mind either :) We're all entitled to our own opinions ^_^

I'm kinda happy and surprised at the same time to see you guys still following this thread, despite me never delivering the patch. Guess I was wrong about people not caring that much about Miazora ^_^

11 hours ago, Infernoplex said:

Just for the record, I'm not trying to change anyone's mind either :) We're all entitled to our own opinions ^_^

I'm kinda happy and surprised at the same time to see you guys still following this thread, despite me never delivering the patch. Guess I was wrong about people not caring that much about Miazora ^_^

we all like cute(busty), star-loving nerds

Time to recruit to get this finished!! :cry:

5 hours ago, MFrost said:

Time to recruit to get this finished!! :cry:

Would love to, but it's sadly just me at this point :cry:

I have Hikari's H-scenes done, but releasing only a patch for her is dumb. I don't want to release partial patches like that. If only some good TL would pop out, interested in finishing the rest :(

• 1 month later...
On 1/28/2020 at 6:28 PM, Infernoplex said:

Always glad to see more support, and yeah, I wish I could find a TL. However, the endgame is most likely me translating it myself to the best of my ability.

Hi, I'd be willing to help assuming you're still looking. My Japanese is alright, and I've worked on making subtitles for some variety shows in the past. Let me know.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Infernoplex Is it possible for you to upload the current patch?

I'm new here so I'm not sure where to download this 18+ patch, but the link to marcus-beta's thread was all about fan translation project with no-longer updating patch...

Being able to play with 90% finished version would be much nicer than all MTL translated version :D 

Please consider uploading the current patch, as it seems like you don't have a plan to continue this project any further in near future :)

1 hour ago, Boredom said:

Being able to play with 90% finished version...

How did you get those 90% :o

We only ever finished Hikari's H-scenes, which is about a little less than 20%, I think. Orihime and Korona's H-scenes take up the most %.

Anyway, to answer your question, I may do that in the end, provided no one else does it before me or someone else joins to help me finish the project.

On 2020. 4. 17. at 9:56 PM, Infernoplex said:

How did you get those 90% :o

We only ever finished Hikari's H-scenes, which is about a little less than 20%, I think. Orihime and Korona's H-scenes take up the most %.

Anyway, to answer your question, I may do that in the end, provided no one else does it before me or someone else joins to help me finish the project.

@Infernoplex Oh I must've misread it somewhere rip

I don't wanna be rude here and I really respect and appreciate you and your team's work into this fan TL project. Tbh I personally can't think of any particular reason you are keeping this WIP TL away from the public...  I believe that you should release the latest TL version, cause many people would want to download it and are still waiting for it. (20% is better than 0%... and other parts can be covered by MTL if required anyways)

Anyways, I really love and appreciate how you didn't just abandon this project and still be active on this thread :) 

Thanks for you and your team's hard work into this TL project :D 

Edited by Boredom

4 hours ago, Boredom said:

@Infernoplex Oh I must've misread it somewhere rip

I don't wanna be rude here and I really respect and appreciate you and your team's work into this fan TL project. Tbh I personally can't think of any particular reason you are keeping this WIP TL away from the public...  I believe that you should release the latest TL version, cause many people would want to download it and are still waiting for it. (20% is better than 0%... and other parts can be covered by MTL if required anyways)

Anyways, I really love and appreciate how you didn't just abandon this project and still be active on this thread :) 

I'm not waiting on it, the visual novel is readable as is, I am paying attention to this thread but I'm not expecting it to be done anytime soon, it could take years to finish, I would just read it and move on.

20 hours ago, Boredom said:

Tbh I personally can't think of any particular reason you are keeping this WIP TL away from the public...

There's a reason I didn't release anything. I am not a fan of releasing "works-in-progress". Some other fanTL groups do that sometimes, but I don't like doing that, at least not for a project like this. I'd consider it if it were a full-blown VN project, not just an H-scenes restoration project. That way, releasing partial routes translation would make sense to me (like how Tsurezure Scans is releasing patches for their projects), but H-scenes don't consitute enough content in my eyes to be worth releasing partially like that.

I believe that you should release the latest TL version, cause many people would want to download it and are still waiting for it. (20% is better than 0%... and other parts can be covered by MTL if required anyways)

Which brings me to the second reason why I didn't release the partial TL for H-scenes. If anyone's really, really in a need to see those scenes, the patch actually already exists. It may not be ideal, but it's good enough for most, at least from the opinions I saw. I've seen quite a few people satisfied with the MTL patch, so I didn't feel like I'd add anything worth of value if I were to release a partial H-scenes TL for just one of the heroines.

However, if I do see a bigger interest in a partial patch for just Hikari's H-scenes, I'll release it. So far, I didn't see any point in doing that because I considered that most people who have been interested in this VN have already moved on and found more interesting things to look forward to.

Careful what you say :D Some people ridicule me because it's widely believed that all I ever did was actually just be active in this thread, without doing anything for the project, ahahaha :D

Jokes aside, thank you for the kind words :)

Sadly, looking back now, I think there's a few things I could've probably handled better. But it's what it is now. Can't cry over spilled milk ;(

Np :) Not like we ever actually released anything xD

Speaking of Miazora, some good news regarding a certain other project may be coming soon. I'd keep my eyes peeled for that :)

15 hours ago, Shaun said:

I'm not waiting on it, the visual novel is readable as is, I am paying attention to this thread but I'm not expecting it to be done anytime soon, it could take years to finish, I would just read it and move on.

Shaun, you're literally the only other person other than me to pay attention to this thread :D How did I manage to keep your attention for so long? XD

Edited by Infernoplex

3 hours ago, nazim10 said:

Well, I do care for this project. I still didn't touch the all-age version, and certainly will not go for the MTL version. I'll wait as long as it takes, unless there's an official announce that the project is dropped.

Seeing that there's still some people out there that care about this project really makes me feel sad for not being able to deliver on it :(

So what's your opinion on the partial patching solution, nazim? Do you think it's worth releasing the H-scenes translation partially, one heroine route per patch?

1 hour ago, rimvydasm said:

i'm also been following this project for awhile,but it's the first time i commented here,anyway,in my opinion one heroine route per patch would work fine.

Thanks for pitching in on the discussion. That's 2 votes for partial patching so far :)

On 19.04.2020 at 6:47 AM, Infernoplex said:

Shaun, you're literally the only other person other than me to pay attention to this thread :D How did I manage to keep your attention for so long? XD

don't say that i will always be lurking i didn't touch all age too, i waited years for Majikoi A-3(not dissing them btw, i would wait even longer and still gonna wait for the rest lol) and i will wait for years unless you officially quit it :) i am tenacious and have lot of thing to keep me bussy 

i am not for partial patch but if people wants it and you are ok with it, go for it. i will still wait for full +18 TL.