What is your most hated anime character?

Igniz

Don't know if this topic has been discussed before, if so, I apologize.

Anyways, onto the question at hand. Out of all the anime characters you know, who is the one that makes your stomach churn with hatred?

For me, Makoto from School Days takes the award. This dude, freaking hate him with passion. Hate this guy so much that it has stopped me from watching these series again just because i know hes in there and I'm gonna hear his stupid indecisive mouth again, just cant do it.

I was overjoyed when Kotonoha chopped him up, I actually clapped and said fuck yes, die bitch while pointing at the screen, no joke. (I know, I'm a heartless person, but he had it coming)

Him alone has stopped me countless times from trying out the VN, and i just want to do the Kotonoha route see if it has a good end with this idiot. I tried it once, got the point where he sleeps with her at school while they are having that hidden room event, then after he does her, dumps her. Uninstalled the game right there.

Anyways, my rant about him can keep going on and on. Oh, Sekai deserved that too.

I don't really hate anyone.

Everyone about Shirou Emiya is aggravating, but mostly just that's kind of a misogynist ass hole.

I wish Riko would step up and take some of the offers the very pretty girls around him give him and go with Momo's Harem Keikaku.

Akane from Vividred was just plain annoying.

And Mami, Mugi and characters like those two I find to be the utterly least appealing types of people.

I would have to say Makoto too, but there's a few others that come to mind

Tōya Fujii from White Album

jesus christ man, you have a girlfriend that is nice and honest yet you fucked her manager countles times, not to mention, once in the same hospital your dad was interned for a heart attack. I think the VN is better tho, but can't really say since i haven't played it

Shin'ichirō Nakagami from True Tears

I know choosing Hiromi was part of the story but still, choosing Noe was probably the best ending for the story but c'mon man

Yuka from 11eyes

do i really need to say it? those who have watchted 11eyes know she messes up the situation & progress of the characters 90% of the time, the other 10% being the actual antagonists of the story, i enjoyed it but eh she was annoying as hell

/rant over/ i think that's it :lol:

Haruhi Suzumiya. Everyone and their dog seems to like her and I cannot fathom why. She's the most selfish character in anime I've seen, not to mention her blackmailing the computer club and sexual harassment of Mikuru. And SHE NEVER LEARNS. SHE NEVER GETS SCOLDED FOR THE HORRIBLE THINGS SHE DOES AND THEREFORE SHE NEVER LEARNS.

Haruhi Suzumiya. Everyone and their dog seems to like her and I cannot fathom why. She's the most selfish character in anime I've seen, not to mention her blackmailing the computer club and sexual harassment of Mikuru. And SHE NEVER LEARNS. SHE NEVER GETS SCOLDED FOR THE HORRIBLE THINGS SHE DOES AND THEREFORE SHE NEVER LEARNS.

Whaaaa, She's awesome.

Anyway the most annoying character award goes to Mayuri from Steins;Gate

And Yoko sucks too from Gurren Lagann

I don't really hate any of the characters mentioned above. I don't tend to hate any sort of anime character, really. If I were to pick the character I dislike the most, I probably wouldn't be able to come up with an answer either. That aside, the characters I actually like are very limited either... Guess I'd pick any heroine that is not a yandere, a kuudere, a loli or I can't have a back-to-back badass moment is categorized as my "most hated character", since I find them incredibly annoying.

It's definitely an easy win for Makoto in this thread, but the School Days manga is better than the anime. Actually I recommend everyone who have watched the anime to at least try the manga out. Makoto is still responsible for the bizarre ending LOL, but is much less of a dick. Character developments are way better in the manga by the way.

Makoto from school days. I can't play that game because I saw that anime. I don't hate Sekai though since it's really Makoto's fault.

Yes, i feel your pain on the VN. Also, i think it is Sekai's fault since she befriended Kotonoha for that reason alone and backstabed her.

i don't hate any character, but they are some characters that make me jump around in anger, i could make a list but i would probably do a wall of text so i will only say Light Yagami from death note (i won't mention School Days because this would probably become a thread about how much we "hate" Makoto)

I kinda have to agree. I don't really hate her, but I found her rather annoying at times and ended up not liking her much.

For me the first name that came to mind for some reason is Takayuki from Kimi ga Nozomi Eien. That guy really came off as an instensitive jerk for most of the series except maybe in some key moments. I kinda felt it made him more realistic though, in a certain way. I often felt like screaming at him to lighten up.

Other than that, a few I can think of : "Dust Taker" in Accel World, Sugou in SAO. (I guess that means I don't really like Reki Kawahara's villains), nothing else comes to mind at the moment.

"Dust Taker" in Accel World, Sugou in SAO. (I guess that means I don't really like Reki Kawahara's villains)

Which of course, is the sign of a good villain. I can tell you for a fact, trying to a write a character for the soul of person of the audience to not like them, is much harder then writing a character for people to like.

I've not watched "School Days", so I've no opinion on Makoto.

If we're not talking strictly Anime TV series, then Mare, from Hoshimemo, takes it for me.

Maybe Ryou from "Clannad" too, because of my horrible experience with Kyou's route and the characters' bullshit behaviour.

Edited by Yeah Way

Gary stu/Mary sues = Worst characters in fiction.

It depends. There's a lot of characters which people love who are considered Mary Sues or Gary Stus. James Bond, for instance. Captain Kirk from Star Trek has been argued to be a Gary Stu.

Elminster from the Forgotten Realms world. Depends on how they're done, I suppose.