Aiyoku no Eustia Translation Project (Partial Patch is Out!)

eplipswich

22 hours ago, Duckery said:

even if the TLC process is going at a snail's pace.

TLC is actually done though; the progress tracker wouldn't be at 100% done for TLC otherwise.  What is being done now is Programmed/QC'ed (taken from VNDB) which the progress on it hasn't been updated.

Aiyoku no Eustia | vndb

Edited by Shaun

4 hours ago, Luxuria said:

So, did the leaker ruined all motivation and killed the project?

I doubt that has anything to do with the project, the leak isn't even worth using since it has issues, missing QA and has text box issues.

I won't be using the leaked patch at all; I'll continue to wait until the translator releases the patch themselves and not from a leaker who had no permission to do so.

Edited by Shaun

On 11/21/2023 at 7:12 AM, Duckery said:

Even though it leaked, given what Ange has said on Reddit and Twitter about some parts not reading well or being not translated and/or broken, I really hope TLC is still continuing and maybe the leak will mean a bit more transparency about what's going on, even if the TLC process is going at a snail's pace.

I feel like that you just blindly trust his word about it have some words being untranslated, where in fact it's really really REALLY has been fully translated (Including the extra chapter that Ange has been worried about). I also dare to say that rather than trust other people when it come of some parts has not been reading well based on what people said, it would be better to read it and then make the judgement by yourself, because you may surprisingly can read the text smoothly despite the so-called warning.

As for the leak, if it make the translator been more motivated to work on Eustia's chapter quicker than he usually does then I'm for it. But if not (And doubly so considering the translator himself may not have enough time to do remaining QC work even though it's only less than half of Eustia's chapter), then the only way to read Eustia full translation in English is through the leaked fully translation patch here. All in all, while I can see some stubbornly want to keep waiting until the translator finished with his QC work, at least now you can finally read Eustia if you've been understandably impatient with the lack of the updates nowadays.

Edited by littleshogun

23 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

But if not (And doubly so considering the translator himself may not have enough time to do remaining QC work even though it's only less than half of Eustia's chapter), then the only way to read Eustia full translation in English is through the leaked fully translation patch here. All in all, while I can see some stubbornly want to keep waiting until the translator finished with his QC work, at least now you can finally read Eustia if you've been understandably impatient with the lack of the updates nowadays.

No, idk...i think its more likely the project dies. At least, idk why people think this will make them more motivated. 
If have a choice, I would just wait until they announce its properly dead, before i read whatever they have done, and my thanks to all the effort they have put in.

If i was impatient, mtl exist.....and i am not there yet. 

Edited by Luxuria

13 hours ago, Shaun said:

I doubt that has anything to do with the project, the leak isn't even worth using since it has issues, missing QA and has text box issues.

The QC'er who mentioned the cut lines said later that he believes they're fully visible in the backlog. (It does seem right that backlogs have their own text wrapping?)

Hey guys, just hopping in here quickly to say that no, the project has not died. It'll still be officially released by us regardless as that leaked version is based off an older version anyway.

And sorry that this has been taking so long, but we will get to the finish line. Cheers :)

Edited by eplipswich

Honestly I think it's okay for the translator to take a rest seeing that the leak is basically already fully translated (And yes I checked all side stories to make sure that it's fully in English because Ange had doubt on it), but if the translator himself saying that he still want to keep working on Eustia then so be it (Although it leave me with complicated feeling). Well, good luck on the remaining work to the translator then.

Edited by littleshogun

honestly cheers to eplip. i expected cursing and a tantrum when the leak happened. if anything the leak was probably a good thing. now instead of people constantly making jokes about the eternal translation project, they can just play the leak. for those that want full quality  they can wait in peace. for now ill go play the leak. i lack self control.

8 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Honestly I think it's okay for the translator to take a rest seeing that the leak is basically already fully translated (And yes I checked all side stories to make sure that it's fully in English because Ange had doubt on it), but if the translator himself saying that he still want to keep working on Eustia then so be it (Although it leave me with complicated feeling). Well, good luck on the remaining work to the translator then.

But its not okay for them to rest before the leaks?

How should I put it here? Well, let's just say that technically speaking any translator can have the rest whenever they want and there's a lot of very understandable reasons to do that. Also it would be like rambling if I keep writing about my complicated feeling on this here, so let's just let it go then.

17 hours ago, Luxuria said:

But its not okay for them to rest before the leaks?

wait when did i ever say anything about rest? im saying now people who  were fed up with the eternity long project will be quiet now. nothing about the tl team resting or not.

3 hours ago, kami-nii- said:

Atleast this TL is less mythical than sharin no kuni's

wasn't the sharin no kuni translation confirmed to be a scam? they constantly sited bugs or issues and then just refunded everyone. they literally have nothing to show for it at all. just play the fan tl of it. doubt that game will ever get an official tl.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/22/2023 at 8:09 PM, eplipswich said:

Hey guys, just hopping in here quickly to say that no, the project has not died. It'll still be officially released by us regardless as that leaked version is based off an older version anyway.

And sorry that this has been taking so long, but we will get to the finish line. Cheers :)

Just logged in to see how the project is going, didn't even know there was a leak. But even if I knew I was just gonna wait for the official patch because I'd much prefer a final polished build of the translation patch than an early preview. Anyway hopefully 2024 is the year we get the full thing so we can play, been following the project since 2018 I think.

• 1 month later...