Aiyoku no Eustia Translation Project (Partial Patch is Out!)

eplipswich

• 1 month later...

Two more bar is now in green, so at least there's more progress (If the green bar really meant it).

As for the other routes, I may as well assume that the translator already done with QC (Or rather inserting the edited and QC-ed text into the in-game files) seeing that the Discord chat screenshot from NowItsAngeTime Youtube shorts that has the translator said he already inserting the text for Licia's chapter with the chat is from April 11th. There's also one of the user in Youtube did ask the Eustia guy, and the guy mention that he'll try to release it soon and sometimes in this year, although looking from how it currently going I may as well expect early 2024 release at best, because real life business can't be predicted easily. Of course though if we can see it somehow released in this year (Possibly as the Christmas prize), then good for the translator.

Edited by littleshogun

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Kereghan said:

Any ETA?

Please note that non-profit fan-TL project has a high chance of not having a stable progress (IMO). It can be by the end of this month, end of the year, or probably ten years from now. But just let's assume the project isn't and won't be completely died, expect for the fastest release on the Q1 or Q2 2024.

15 hours ago, PureSpirit said:

At this point maybe just release what you have? It's okay if it's not perfect.

I think I read August had a prior experience, once, releasing something before it was fully QC'd, and they got flak for that. That can be rough- I know from releases in a software field.

But am I the only person who is a little worried about possible WW3, in not-so-far future? If it becomes a question of releasing nothing or something- I believe the work and man-hours of everyone involved deserves to be considered, as it could end up all a waste, which would be tragic. This is just my opinion.

Anyway, I will keep on checking the thread and spreadsheet, and hope for the best 🫡

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2023 at 4:22 PM, kami-nii- said:

just saying if u dont care about quality and want to read it now then get textractor and buy a deepl subscription.

I think there's some middle ground between a deepl subscription and a fifteen year translation process, no?

edit: honestly at the rate this is going I'll be reading it in Japanese before it is out in English and I can report the actual quality level to you when the time comes 😘

Edited by PureSpirit

7 hours ago, PureSpirit said:

I think there's some middle ground between a deepl subscription and a fifteen year translation process, no?

I can say there is a lot.

I had (in the past) been impressed with DeepL in working with some other languages (movie subtitle tl) and was curious how much of gap there is with VNs. I extracted the Japanese from the game scripts, built a glossary for proper noun translations (main/side characters and gangs), wrote scripts to reformat, ID and verify all 103670 lines going in & out of DeepL Pro (almost half of which are character captions..thus the discrepancy with the Tracker total), filled in all the missing H-scenes, repacked, and ""tested"" the ""translated"" game  for playability (in-scene rendered text appears in the backlog, choice buttons are translated, nothing crashes...)

Even with a surface text check... DeepL's misgendering problems (he vs. she) and the occasional utter translation disaster (which you won't even realize is wrong/misleading) made it clear there's just no comparison between the current state of AI and a human translator.

To your point: It's my impression that even the most rudimentary native or non-native speaker could do better than DeepL in many cases. 🙂

Edited by Bubbles

On 10/14/2023 at 1:27 AM, PureSpirit said:

I have an intrusive thought that there is no translation and this is all some prank that got out of hand.

Which reminds me of Biman translation a while ago. Said that people should point out Happoubi Jin's secret or smth to get access to the translation patch. People just went skeptical about this said "completed" project and the entry was removed completely from vndb.

It's not just that the people didn't trust the project thanks to its ridiculuous requirement. It's also the matter of the so-called translator being passionate in all wrong way. Anyway he can't prove that the translation exist thanks to his stubbornness when asked to provide the proof of the translation patch by VNDB mod, so yeah he deserve to have his 'project' entry on VNDB being removed.

Edited by littleshogun

• 4 weeks later...