Kono Oozora H-Scenes Porting Project

RusAnon

Can everyone open the CGs? I’ve got some trouble of it. It can’t be open, there's just many can be open. I was installed patch when I’ve playing in the middle of story. Who can solve it ?

If you mean CG gallery, its broken right now, wait for second patch.

If you mean CG in game itself during playtrough, use prepatched version (link on previous page).

I have installed the restoration patch but have a problem. If my heart had wings works up to a certain point in the game where it crashes. It says "ADV Player HD has stopped working. Please help.

1. Did you set system locale to japanese?

2. Did you try prepatched version?

3. Does unpatched version work at that certain point? Game is very picky about videocards and drivers.

Since nobody answered yet...

A few quick question about some details of this second patch.

1) Will it use Japanese name order or western?

Japanese - family name first, given name later.

2) And will it have characters addressing each other properly? Such as characters using honorifics or using a character's family name instead of given name.

Yes, honorifics and name usage will be fixed. This includes for example: characters calling Kotori "Habane-san" at the beginning, pretty much a complete re-translation of the part when Aoi starts addrssing her by her given name instead of surname (and she starts calling him "Aoi-kun"), using Amane's honorific ("senpai"), Hotaru calling Aoi "Ao-nii", etc. etc.

3) I know the main page for this says this second patch intends to fully edit the script to natural English but I'm not sure what that implies. Then there is the stretch goal but I'm not sure what that implies either.

First - everything will be TLC-ed. Things mentioned above are only a tip of the iceberg, MoeNovel's script is one hell of a mistranslated mess, there's a lot that needs to be fixed.

Next - everything will be edited, since MN's "translation" barely resembles English language.

As for the stretch goal, I'd say that would be porting and transalting the Sweet Love patch.

The final version of Restoration Patch will provide an actually accurate translation of the whole (uncut) KonoSora (maybe including the Sweet Love patch), that will be written in proper English. That's the plan at least.

As for ETA, I'm not sure if end of the year isn't a bit too optimistic. I don't know what's the overall progress, but my TLC-pace is pretty pathetic, since the beginning of the academic year proved to be quite busy. And it will only get worse in winter... :(

2) And will it have characters addressing each other properly? Such as characters using honorifics or using a character's family name instead of given name.

Yes, honorifics and name usage will be fixed. This includes for example: characters calling Kotori "Habane-san" at the beginning, pretty much a complete re-translation of the part when Aoi starts addrssing her by her given name instead of surname (and she starts calling him "Aoi-kun"), using Amane's honorific ("senpai"), Hotaru calling Aoi "Ao-nii", etc. etc.

3) I know the main page for this says this second patch intends to fully edit the script to natural English but I'm not sure what that implies. Then there is the stretch goal but I'm not sure what that implies either.

First - everything will be TLC-ed. Things mentioned above are only a tip of the iceberg, MoeNovel's script is one hell of a mistranslated mess, there's a lot that needs to be fixed.

Next - everything will be edited, since MN's "translation" barely resembles English language.

As for the stretch goal, I'd say that would be porting and transalting the Sweet Love patch.

The final version of Restoration Patch will provide an actually accurate translation of the whole (uncut) KonoSora (maybe including the Sweet Love patch), that will be written in proper English. That's the plan at least.

As for ETA, I'm not sure if end of the year isn't a bit too optimistic. I don't know what's the overall progress, but my TLC-pace is pretty pathetic, since the beginning of the academic year proved to be quite busy. And it will only get worse in winter... :(

Keep up the good work, I'm still doing some editing as well. I'll watch out for the honorifics if I can.

1. Did you set system locale to japanese?

2. Did you try prepatched version?

3. Does unpatched version work at that certain point? Game is very picky about videocards and drivers.

1. The system locale on my computer is set to japanese.

2. I have never heard of a "prepatched version."

3. The unpatched version works fine

Much thanks for the update. Glad to hear about the corrections to MN's translation.

IF MY HEART HAD WINGS [Microsoft Visual C++ Error]

when i start the game after i install the patch , an error from Microsoft Visual C++ is popping up and you have no choice but to close the program again and again even after the restart of the computer and reinstall of the game.

how do i fix this?

anyone here who have the same problem as me?

when i start the game after i install the patch , an error from Microsoft Visual C++ is popping up and you have no choice but to close the program again and again even after the restart of the computer and reinstall of the game.

how do i fix this?

You're posting in the wrong thread

Post here: https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/forum/13-technical-issues-feedback-gamesite/

Nevermind, I saw Tay's post.

how do i fix this?

can u reinstall your visual C++ ?

try it first.

http://puu.sh/4Qjpb.jpg

Anime magazine in Finland made a review out of the game. Article also tells about the patch you guys made, I translate some for you guys. 

(Harrastajat etäännyttävä julkaisu) <-- If you are wondering where did I translate check this line
Release that brings more distance towards fan of the genre  

Moenovel's release is a bit contreversal. Censorship is not the only problem, but
also the really bad english which is a bit akward. There is a lot wrong with the 
release, if fans decide to make an addon for the game that fixes the translation and
brings back the sex scenes.

A good compromise would have been to release uncensored and censored versions 
at the same time. This way Moenovel's beautiful thought of finding new audience 
wouldn't fail, but also existing could enjoy the release. For fans of the game, its 
not only the sex scenes that has to be there, but it just feels dumb to get 
cutted version of the game when bought with your money.

http://puu.sh/4Qjpb.jpg

Anime magazine in Finland made a review out of the game. Article also tells about the patch you guys made, I translate some for you guys. 

(Harrastajat etäännyttävä julkaisu) <-- If you are wondering where did I translate check this line
Release that brings more distance towards fan of the genre  

Moenovel's release is a bit contreversal. Censorship is not the only problem, but
also the really bad english which is a bit akward. There is a lot wrong with the 
release, if fans decide to make an addon for the game that fixes the translation and
brings back the sex scenes.

A good compromise would have been to release uncensored and censored versions 

at the same time. This way Moenovel's beautiful thought of finding new audience 
wouldn't fail, but also existing could enjoy the release. For fans of the game, its 
not only the sex scenes that has to be there, but it just feels dumb to get 
cutted version of the game when bought with your money.

You said it references this patch?  If so, we gotta blog this!

You said it references this patch?  If so, we gotta blog this!

Yes, it clearly says that there is fan made patch that brings back the sex scenes and fixes the akward english. Sadly that is only thing what they say, but they sure do mention about it.

I don't think there is any other patches or fixes made for the game, but I think that they can't talk more about the patch than just mention it exists. In Finland you can't talk where to get free games (well of course) and so it also blocks that you can't talk where to get the patch which is also "maybe?" illegal or unofficial.

Also found the review on their website:

http://animelehti.fi/arvostelut/anime/if-my-heart-had-wings/

• 2 weeks later...

Hello--

The first post in the thread mentioned that QC volunteers are needed.  Is that still the case?  If so, I'd like to help.

I've got the patched version of the game running and have finished 2 routes so far.  After starting the Ageha route, it seemed pretty clear that some work still needs to be done... :-P

Hello rusanon, I would like to ask for some help please.  Whenever I try to run the apply_diffs.bat file, it says "the system could not find the file specified."  The problem is, I don't know how to download or move the file outside of a systems folder..please help, and thanks.

@cheeseisgood & animefreakstyler

Thank you for your efforts, but the current patch is still a complete mess - "bugs"/errors like this one are pretty much everywhere, courtesy of MoeNovel's "translation".

Everything needs to be thoroughly TLC-ed (retranslated?) and then edited. Once we have a complete candidate for the 2nd (final) patch, then will be the time for QC.