Kono Oozora H-Scenes Porting Project

RusAnon

If you get any errors during first windmill hill scene, it didn't work.

If you get naked Kotori (not in towel) in first bath scene, it did work.

Thanks, just got to that part, looks like it worked.

Just wondering though.. this game does have choices right? So far I have not have a single choice selection... Is this normal?

Just wondering though.. this game does have choices right? So far I have not have a single choice selection... Is this normal?

There not a lot of choice moments in this novel there around 5-7 off the top of my head is 6 in total

Edited by Muki

No worries, let me answer what I can.

- Not necessarily but in most cases this is true. (It really is a gamble whether the saves are still intact or not)

- I think the second patch will just be some fixes and script fixes as well, so the chance of saves breaking are lower but not completely out of the picture.

- No the scenes have been translated to English already, just not all of it has been edited. In other words, some of them are just raw translations and may sound a bit odd.

- All the routes are fully translated, again just not fully edited.

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

Nope. I'm good, thanks. :D

I still haven't installed the game though, since I'm waiting for 2nd patch (I'm a bit grammar conscious). I'll ask some questions if there's any problems with installation.

Nope. I'm good, thanks. :D/>

I still haven't installed the game though, since I'm waiting for 2nd patch (I'm a bit grammar conscious). I'll ask some questions if there's any problems with installation.

Sounds good to me, going through some of the editing again. Hopefully I'll have all of Amane's route edited by the second patch. Sadly, Grisaia is taking up a lot of time.

There are certain options that will be available after you finished a specific route.

But they still appear, even if some choices are locked.

I have a question: has anyone had the problem of having incorrect CG thumbnails in the gallery and got a solution other than having to purge all the progress and skip through the routes they've been through? Is this even fixable at this stage of restoration patch?

excuse me, i've got some trouble here, ,

pict.

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/i52oi

i've try use win7-64. off the UAC, change the syst.locale, low the screen res. and it's still no working too,

try to editing the apply_diffs . using cd E:\test (that assumingn my drive folder)

is there something wrong again? please help me, give a point. .

. sorry for trouble in english anymore..

excuse me, i've got some trouble here, ,

pict.

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/i52oi

i've try use win7-64. off the UAC, change the syst.locale, low the screen res. and it's still no working too,

try to editing the apply_diffs . using cd E:\test (that assumingn my drive folder)

is there something wrong again? please help me, give a point. .

. sorry for trouble in english anymore..

after browse again , i think i've got a point here. lol :P thank's for disturbing view this. . hhe :3

So I ran in windows 7 mode but the background still shows up black for some reason. Maybe its not very compatible on Windows 8

I need help @_@

i recomended you to downgrade to windows 7 ....

i think this game wil work smoothly on win 7

try using compatibility mode on windows 8

right click > properties > compatibilities tab > check run this program bla bla bla choose win 7 > check disable visual themes , disable desktop composition , disable display scaling on high DPI settings > check run this program as administrator

=============

hope this trick is work ^_^

i recomended you to downgrade to windows 7 ....

i think this game wil work smoothly on win 7

try using compatibility mode on windows 8

right click > properties > compatibilities tab > check run this program bla bla bla choose win 7 > check disable visual themes , disable desktop composition , disable display scaling on high DPI settings > check run this program as administrator

=============

hope this trick is work ^_^/>

When i was talking about backgrounds i was talking about the bgs in-game. they dont pop up.

When i was talking about backgrounds i was talking about the bgs in-game. they dont pop up.

How annoying there's nothing wrong with windows 8. I use windows 8 and KONOSORA IS WORKING PERFECTLY. Jesus christ I keep seeing "it's windows 8 hurrdurr" First of all MOENOVEL MADE IT COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS 8.

Now, You may need to reinstall the game. Uninstall then re install. Your game may have been installed incorrectly.

I was very excited and started playing. The first time, there were problems with the first windmill scene. Turns out, I accidentally opened the bat file twice. The second installation attempt fixed it. Grammar wasn't all that bad. I can't wait for 2nd patch. That duck is awesome. Lol.

I was very excited and started playing. The first time, there were problems with the first windmill scene. Turns out, I accidentally opened the bat file twice. The second installation attempt fixed it. Grammar wasn't all that bad. I can't wait for 2nd patch. That duck is awesome. Lol.

Glad you got it all working. Grammar isn't all that bad, just wait until some of the routes. Some further editing will be required, but for now it is acceptable in most places.

Hi everyone...

I had some problems patching the game

When i tried to run the improved restoration patch i got an error... it said that i have to set my locale to japanese even if it was set to japanese already...

i'd like to know if theres a solution to this or if im doing it wrong... i followed the tutorial on the fuwanovel page and i managed to play several VN that requires that setting so im pretty sure that i was doing it right...

Anyways.. i installed the game and patched it using the apply_diffs.bat (i installed the game but not in the default directory) and i can run it but its running incredibly slow... i mean, it's like laggy or something.

Got the message that the color combination of windows 7 was changed to basic (dont know if this is a problem at all)

I dont think its a Hardware problem because i have a pretty good computer, it should run the game with no problems... (Phenom II X4 3.4 Ghz, 4 GB ram and my ATI 6850, 1GB)

i'd like to know if someone had the same problem and if someone can help me with this

Thanks

P.S: Im pretty sure you guys noticed that im not a native english speaker already but im Chilean (we speak spanish) so my english might be bad. Sorry for that, hope you guys can understand it.

EDIT: I solved it, just reinstalled de Video drivers... sorry for any inconvenience... im running it ok right now.

i'd like to know about the other issue though,

thanks again and im really sorry (not a good way to start)

Got the message that the color combination of windows 7 was changed to basic (dont know if this is a problem at all)

It also happens to me but it doesn't affect the game or other programs. It only changes physical appearances of windows and applications. I wouldn't worry about it much but I get curious why exactly it gets changed.

It also happens to me but it doesn't affect the game or other programs. It only changes physical appearances of windows and applications. I wouldn't worry about it much but I get curious why exactly it gets changed.

It is to make sure that your program is running smoothly. Usually Windows sets your appearance to Windows Basic to improve performance. Probably because Kono Sora is a tolling VN, it happens a lot too when you run heavy GPU intensive or CPU intensive programs as well.

...I have a question: has anyone had the problem of having incorrect CG thumbnails in the gallery and got a solution other than having to purge all the progress and skip through the routes they've been through? Is this even fixable at this stage of restoration patch?

The problem was explained very well on ErogeGames forums, by user Helvetica Standard;

CG Gallery is messed up ATM. Since you have the MoeNovel version of the game, several CG's image slots have been removed (H-Scenes, and whatnot)

You'll also notice that as you unlock more CG's they wont have matching thumbnails, and once you unlock all CG's you'll be able to review all of the H-Scenes

(as they come before the non H ones) but some images will become impossible to see since there are are not enough slots to view them.

Whether there's a solution... any coders have an inkling how to handle this?(the poster of above seems doubtful) A separate package of the cgs? Something else?

Not that it really matters for gameplay, and one should be able to create saves before those scenes(haven't played the game yet but I'd assume so...). But considering how much MoeNovel cut from the gallery to begin with, it's still quite an esthetic issue...

Helvetica Standard also asks if someone could make a patch for the JP version to solve this;

a fix for this is unlikely unless translators make their patch compatible with the JAP version.

if you don't mind this drawback then stick to the MN version, if not then wait and see if they release a patch for JAP version.

There is actually a patch already on sukebei (#287185, first result searching for 'Wings'), based on this, that's applicable to the JP version.

Unfortunately the issues with it are the same;

Known issues (the same as for Restoration patch 1.0):

- Scene replay is not available.

- Honorifics usage is inconsistent - work in progress, will be fixed along with tlc of whole text.

- Several lines are clipped at bottom - they could be viewed via log.

- Several lines have missing quotes - work in progress.

- Not all CGs will appear in the gallery

It's worth to point out that the Japanese version must include the missing cgs somewhere in its native state as well as the right gallery size. That means the patch somehow replicates the same issue as in MoeNovel's version. So would it be possible to sniff out the mechanism involved by how the patch is applied to the JP version(which part of it causes it?) and comparing the patched/unpatched JP version, to come up with a solution?

Not to derail the thread, but I have a modding-related question.

I find the white-on-blue font in this game really uncomfortable to read. The darker font they used for the sample text in the config menu is ironically much much better.

I used the extraction tool on the arcs hoping to find a font sheet I could tweak somewhere in the images, but no such luck.

Maybe someone more experienced has an idea how to change the font colors?

It's worth to point out that the Japanese version must include the missing cgs somewhere in its native state as well as the right gallery size. That means the patch somehow replicates the same issue as in MoeNovel's version. So would it be possible to sniff out the mechanism involved by how the patch is applied to the JP version(which part of it causes it?) and comparing the patched/unpatched JP version, to come up with a solution?

Its nothing more than simple binary diff between jp original and patched english version and after applying it to japanese version, it becomes exactly same as if applying our patch to EN version.

If you guys couldn't figure even that much, you should really give up on trying to fix replay yourselves.